Amateur Grower

• Thread starter Mr.NiceGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.NiceGuy

Thinking one single 600 watt hps with oragnic fertilizer with earthworm castings and northern lights/white widow since their easy and good for first timers. not sure if one or the other or just both. veg period of 6 - 10 weeks no more, preferablly 6 because its faster on a 20 - 4 cycle. in a 46 inch wide and 25 inch deep space. using 5 gallon buckets from start. also 1 liter of heavy bloom. how many plants would be efficient under the hps in that ammount of space and approx. how big of a yield could expect to see after harvested and dried?

zeroburnt420

zeroburnt420

lights r kool ,,fertilizer sounds on point ...with tha grow room mayb dropp to 3 gallon buckets ..only because when they flower or u induce flowering your plant or plants will tripple in size ..are you going to super crop ??

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

IMO you should not top as much as possible. Top 1 time when they are about 6" tall and train 4 main branches to grow in a 20-40 degree angle which will help create a flat canopy and enough depth. You can even top again when your 4 main tops are about 6" so you have 8, as they grow larger more tops will form from the side branches, just tie them down when they try to become the dominant cola.

With your 2'x4' space you should get an air-cooled reflector and use it. If you want to veg for 6 weeks I think 2 plants would do good in 7-10 gallon buckets. I really wouldn't go by veg time, instead, just veg them until they take up about 1/3-1/2 (strain dependent) of the canopy space, then flip to 12/12.

Also, I think you should use T5's or T8's for the first couple weeks of growth because the 600 will be a waste of light for just 2 seedlings. Put them in solo cups and transplant to 3 gallon buckets when you have to water more then 3 times a week. Then do the same when you put them in 7 or 10 gallon buckets. Make sure you do all of your topping and transplanting at least a week before flower to give them time to recoup from the minor stress. Try not to overgrow your space because it could lead to mold/mildew/fungi problems down the road.

There is alot more I can say, but I don't wanna type too much, just ask any question if you feel like you don't understand something, good luck and happy growing.

M

Mr.NiceGuy

Thank you very much for the detailed information. Don't think ill be able to use t5s due to financial strugles. Would a 400 watt hps work for the first few weeks without creating to much stress. Also about how high schould I hang from canopy? 12 - 14 inches?

Top Bottom