Amazon LEDs? 4x2 Grow Space Recommendations

• Thread starter TheGlove20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGlove20

TheGlove20

I’ve read so many threads here about LEDs and still can’t quite figure out what light I should get. I guess my main question comes down to this… do you think any of the LED lights on Amazon or Alibaba are any good, or should I avoid them altogether? I’m talking brands like Bestva, Viparspectra, Bloom Plus, Kingbrite, Spider Farmer, Mars Hydro, etc.

I am looking for an affordable but quality LED that will bloom 2 plants in a 2x4 tent. Any recommendations?

MercDod

MercDod

Amazon has both good and bad lights. I know people also have their own opinions on lights so do your own research but, in my opinion buy one that has at least 280 true watts for that size tent. That would be at least 35 actual watts per square foot of grow space. Example, on a 2 foot by 4 foot tent 2x4=8, 8x 35 watts=280 true watts. I use a MarsHydro LED with good results. It is square like my tent. You might do better with a rectangular shaped light. This is just my opinion and I have only finished my second grow. Keep in mind the makers may call a light by an equivalent watts, read the fine print for the true watts.

TheGlove20

TheGlove20

Amazon has both good and bad lights. I know people also have their own opinions on lights so do your own research but, in my opinion buy one that has at least 280 true watts for that size tent. That would be at least 35 actual watts per square foot of grow space. Example, on a 2 foot by 4 foot tent 2x4=8, 8x 35 watts=280 true watts. I use a MarsHydro LED with good results. It is square like my tent. You might do better with a rectangular shaped light. This is just my opinion and I have only finished my second grow. Keep in mind the makers may call a light by an equivalent watts, read the fine print for the true watts.
Thanks, much appreciated. I’ve seen some MarsHydro products for affordable prices. I do think a rectangular shape would work better for my tent. I’ll check some out. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Observationist

Observationist

Thanks, much appreciated. I’ve seen some MarsHydro products for affordable prices. I do think a rectangular shape would work better for my tent. I’ll check some out. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
just get these, lol.

i can not speak to the reliability as ive not had them for too long yet, but GOD DAMN if they arent just EFFicient powerful little 150watt lights, 60$ for 150watts, seems to be lm301(b) diodes, with IR/UV, and dimmer.

i have 4, 2 in 4x2 veg tent at 20% power
and
2 in the 5x5 at 40% power of 150watts, might want 4 for the coverage in a 4x4-5x5,but definitely seems the power and spectrum is there.
the only problem is coverage, these lights are just 11inches long 10inches wide or so.

600watts of Full spectrum LED for 240$

Last edited:
TheGlove20

TheGlove20

just get these, lol.

i can not speak to the reliability as ive not had them for too long yet, but GOD DAMN if they arent just EFFicient powerful little 150watt lights, 60$ for 150watts, seems to be lm301(b) diodes, with IR/UV, and dimmer.

i have 4, 2 in 4x2 veg tent at 20% power
and
2 in the 5x5 at 40% power of 150watts, might want 4 for the coverage in a 4x4-5x5,but definitely seems the power and spectrum is there.
the only problem is coverage, these lights are just 11inches long 10inches wide or so.

600watts of Full spectrum LED for 240$
Cool I will definitely check it out. Like the previous poster said I’ll need at least 280W of actual wattage for my grow space, but I can possibly find a product from the same brand with those specifications. I have also heard Spider Farmer is a pretty good budget option and produces strong yields.

Observationist

Observationist

the more the better and you want the coverage too.

efficiency is a big factor.

i could probably run the 2x4 veg with one, i would be lacking coverage though.

are you flowering in a 2x4 as well?

imho, mars/SF is overpriced.

TheGlove20

TheGlove20

the more the better and you want the coverage too.

efficiency is a big factor.

i could probably run the 2x4 veg with one, i would be lacking coverage though.

are you flowering in a 2x4 as well?

imho, mars/SF is overpriced.
Oh I thought you like the Mars. Can you repost your link? I never saw the light you recommended.

Blastfact

Blastfact

It will be interesting to get on the motorcycle and ride around the neighborhood tomorrow morning and see what Amazon china junk people put out for the trash man to haul away. Watched a neighbor drag out a complete spider kit and curb it last Tuesday. Funny as hell! Then he came down and wanted know what and where to buy real equipment.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I’ve read so many threads here about LEDs and still can’t quite figure out what light I should get. I guess my main question comes down to this… do you think any of the LED lights on Amazon or Alibaba are any good, or should I avoid them altogether? I’m talking brands like Bestva, Viparspectra, Bloom Plus, Kingbrite, Spider Farmer, Mars Hydro, etc.

I am looking for an affordable but quality LED that will bloom 2 plants in a 2x4 tent. Any recommendations?
I bought another SE3000from Spiderfarmer after they gifted me one. I like my first grow with it and it performed better than my 1000w hps for bud size hardness and yield. I had 3 Bubble Bomb plants 2 under hps and 1 under the se3000 after my harvest I was so impressed I bought another one $400cdn. In Canada no tax & free shipping. I now have my 2 led's and my 1000w running and my girls love the combo lighting.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Yes. That one is very weak. You won't get what you are looking for. What I just sent you the sp3000 barley gives you decent quality.

TheGlove20

TheGlove20

It will be interesting to get on the motorcycle and ride around the neighborhood tomorrow morning and see what Amazon china junk people put out for the trash man to haul away. Watched a neighbor drag out a complete spider kit and curb it last Tuesday. Funny as hell! Then he came down and wanted know what and where to buy real equipment.
I hear what you’re saying but do you have any comments or contributions to the thread that will help me pick a good quality light?

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I've grown great buds with kingbrite boards in 3000k with red supplementals. Viparspectras are great veg lights, they flower ok, too much blue makes leafy buds. Personally I would recommend kingbrites, best bang for your buck.

Blastfact

Blastfact

I hear what you’re saying but do you have any comments or contributions to the thread that will help me pick a good quality light?
Yeah, go buy something like this lot. But most wont because it cost to much. So it's kind of a mute point.

GGT24

New setup

Dual 350R1

IMG 7764

IMG 7754

IMG 7756

Top Bottom