Amazon light vs autocob 3500k

• Thread starter Jaaaycc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

Just got a new light from Amazon

I only have an autocob 3500k to compare it to. I’m not very knowledgeable on light so would appreciate your thoughts. I can say I measured the lux on both and the Amazon light is puts out almost 5x lux compared to my autocob. This thing is extremly Bright
I bought the 2000 watt version arriving tomorrow evening. I took a chance in buying it ; no reviews and no warranty detail. But at $90 I’m not risking that much. Curiously, this light has the exact specifications of the Spider Farmer SF-2000 that is around $250. The Meanwell driver is not the same as with the SF-2000 but it does sport the same Samsung diodes. Same exact PPFD map for various light heights. I’m thinking this might be a bargain! I reckon it’s a 300 watt light.
https://www.amazon.com/MELONFARM-Performance-Spectrum-Indoor-Plants/dp/B08FWX864M

Habosabin

Habosabin

It doesn't state the wattage so I'd assume it's a 100w light. Great price. I bought a lesser known brand as well and it has worked amazingly well. Good luck!

Habosabin

Habosabin

I bought the 2000 watt version arriving tomorrow evening. I took a chance in buying it ; no reviews and no warranty detail. But at $90 I’m not risking that much. Curiously, this light has the exact specifications of the Spider Farmer SF-2000 that is around $250. The Meanwell driver is not the same as with the SF-2000 but it does sport the same Samsung diodes. Same exact PPFD map for various light heights. I’m thinking this might be a bargain! I reckon it’s a 300 watt light.
Let us know how the grow goes. $90 is seriously a good deal.

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

I’ll hang it tomorrow evening. Reckon it will replace the three ‘baby’ lights I have. 4-5 weeks of flower left. Hoping the bud sites will really pop with this light.

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

GG#4 at almost 4 weeks of flower

Habosabin

Habosabin

Looks good. How long did you veg? What's your current wattage?

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

Looks good. How long did you veg? What's your current wattage?
I flipped at five weeks. I’ve got three mediocre lights in a 4x4. I doubt I have 300 watts but the growing are for the five plants is at most 3x3. I figure the new light will bode well for the next four weeks . I may keep using the others if I have room to hang them all

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

The light is an absolute steal. Well made. 240w Meanwell driver. Samsung diodes.
an exact clone of the Spider Farmer sf2000. Same PPFD map for 12”, 16”, 18”.
$90! My girls are loving the added light.

Top Bottom