Amber and milky trichs but pistils not all brown?

• Thread starter oaktoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oaktoke

oaktoke

Growing a Harle Tsu from seed in a pot outside....had to transplant after flowering as had some PH issues with the too heavy soil (things cleared up nicely after)...anyway, I've attached some pictures through the loupe and overall. There seems to be a fair amount of milky and some amber in the trichomes so far, but the overall plant doesn't seem far enough along. Pistils haven't all turned in brown, and buds are not real full yet. This is just my second plant growing this way, and first CBD heavy strain. I'm wondering if either the transplant or the fact that I started this late in the season might be ripening it faster? Or do I still have a ways to go? I don't want to get too much amber here...

Amber
Amber2
Bud
Clear
Close
Rect
20201025 100805
ArrEll

ArrEll

Growing a Harle Tsu from seed in a pot outside....had to transplant after flowering as had some PH issues with the too heavy soil (things cleared up nicely after)...anyway, I've attached some pictures through the loupe and overall. There seems to be a fair amount of milky and some amber in the trichomes so far, but the overall plant doesn't seem far enough along. Pistils haven't all turned in brown, and buds are not real full yet. This is just my second plant growing this way, and first CBD heavy strain. I'm wondering if either the transplant or the fact that I started this late in the season might be ripening it faster? Or do I still have a ways to go? I don't want to get too much amber here...

You're right - that plant does not LOOK like it's Ready. Don't pull it down just yet. How many weeks old is it? Some leaves at the bottom are yellowing and will probably soon fall off - one sign that it's Time Is Near. I'd keep an eye on those trichomes, don't let too many of them turn Amber, and wait for someone more experienced to weigh in here, with an opinion. I'm still a Newbie, just finishing my first Grow and I did most everything wrong. Still, I'll harvest something out of it.

oaktoke

oaktoke

Thanks! It first burst from the soil August 26...so 9ish weeks? From what I read Harle Tsu is 9 weeks to flower, but this one started flowering 2 weeks ago? Its outside, so the light hours were at flowering already I guess...

ArrEll

ArrEll

Thanks! It first burst from the soil August 26...so 9ish weeks? From what I read Harle Tsu is 9 weeks to flower, but this one started flowering 2 weeks ago? Its outside, so the light hours were at flowering already I guess...

It seems to me that many plants have a mind of their own, and are not ready for harvest - until they're ready.
Regardless of where you bought the seeds and what they promised. I planted these in the last week of July,
and they're still not QUITE ready. Another here has agreed with me: Still two weeks or so to go. These were
advertised: "Flowers in 7-9 weeks", but then - they "flower" for another 6-8 weeks, for a total of (as much as)
17 weeks, from Seed till Harvest. That's over four months. 😜 I must learn to be patient. I "tasted" a couple
small bunches of buds and - Nope - not ready. The Buzz was pleasant, but wore off quickly. The Flavor not
fully developed, either.

I recommend: Keep checking Trichomes, daily if you have to. And I hope someone else with more growing
experience chimes in. I use a cheap jeweler's loupe to view the trichomes too, and sometimes the Lighting
makes a few of them LOOK Amber - but they're not. Viewed from a different angle & with different lighting,
the trichomes look Clear/Cloudy.

Mine are Indica, and I would not mind if I let them Go just a tad too long, as I desire weed which will help
me sleep. But I don't want ALL my trichomes going Amber.....that'll ruin the whole grow. I'm going to shoot
for about 25%-40% Amber trichomes. I hope I time it right. Tell me what you think.
NotTooBad

ArrEll

ArrEll

It seems to me that many plants have a mind of their own, and are not ready for harvest - until they're ready.
Regardless of where you bought the seeds and what they promised. I planted these in the last week of July,
and they're still not QUITE ready. Another here has agreed with me: Still two weeks or so to go. These were
advertised: "Flowers in 7-9 weeks", but then - they "flower" for another 6-8 weeks, for a total of (as much as)
17 weeks, from Seed till Harvest. That's over four months. 😜 I must learn to be patient. I "tasted" a couple
small bunches of buds and - Nope - not ready. The Buzz was pleasant, but wore off quickly. The Flavor not
fully developed, either.

I recommend: Keep checking Trichomes, daily if you have to. And I hope someone else with more growing
experience chimes in. I use a cheap jeweler's loupe to view the trichomes too, and sometimes the Lighting
makes a few of them LOOK Amber - but they're not. Viewed from a different angle & with different lighting,
the trichomes look Clear/Cloudy.

Mine are Indica, and I would not mind if I let them Go just a tad too long, as I desire weed which will help
me sleep. But I don't want ALL my trichomes going Amber.....that'll ruin the whole grow. I'm going to shoot
for about 25%-40% Amber trichomes. I hope I time it right. Tell me what you think.
View attachment 1048131

Methinks (and I'm not alone) that too many of my Pistils are still white. More need to Brown & Curl.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Check trics deep in on the bud not the Sugar Leaf, Sugar Leaf ripens early, hope this helps

oaktoke

oaktoke

Check trics deep in on the bud not the Sugar Leaf, Sugar Leaf ripens early, hope this helps

Thanks! I'll try to get in a little deeper to look...it seems like the buds aren't really that big yet so not very far to get in there...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks! I'll try to get in a little deeper to look...it seems like the buds aren't really that big yet so not very far to get in there...
No they're not ready yet I agree with above, they need more time but you don't want to check sugar leaves they ripen a lot faster than the trikes on the bud, and you cut most of them off anyway LOL and your right they haven't really filled out yet but they will over the next couple weeks, good luck!

Top Bottom