Ambient Temperature

• Thread starter dabarino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dabarino

hey farmers i have a 3 gallon "wide" aluminum shatter vac chamber and the 10" digital heat pad to go with it from bvv(or ledab here in canada). i cant get my shatter to purge at all unless my ambient temperature is above 80f degrees. i purge in my bedroom of my apartment so keeping my room that hot all time is a pain in the ass. how hot do other people have there purging rooms has anyone ever insulated the outside of a aluminum vac chamber? with what if so?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
hey farmers i have a 3 gallon "wide" aluminum shatter vac chamber and the 10" digital heat pad to go with it from bvv(or ledab here in canada). i cant get my shatter to purge at all unless my ambient temperature is above 80f degrees. i purge in my bedroom of my apartment so keeping my room that hot all time is a pain in the ass. how hot do other people have there purging rooms has anyone ever insulated the outside of a aluminum vac chamber? with what if so?

You need a heating pad underneath your pot.

Or a temp controlled hotplate of some sort

D

dabarino

You need a heating pad underneath your pot.

Or a temp controlled hotplate of some sort

"i have a 3 gallon "wide" aluminum shatter vac chamber and the 10" digital heat pad to go with it from bvv(or ledab here in canada)" i clearly have that stated in the first line of my post. i have a 10" digital heat pad from best value vacs the one they make specifically for there vacuum chambers. the only bit of info i was missing is that im purging at 100f degrees on the heat pad and it puts me about 95f in the chamber every strain is a bit different tho so temps change a little bit

Graywolf

Graywolf

Yes, insulating the sides improves temperature uniformity. We also had 1o" X 38" silicone heat mats mats made, and heated from both the bottom and sides, controlling with SSR's and a PID.

Thermocouple placement is important. It should be at the surface you are trying to control.

D

dabarino

so pretty much find something to wrap around it with the highest R value i can find... maybe some of that hot water heater insulation? has anyone done this? what did they use?

thanks graywolf

Image1
D

dabarino

IMG 2825
I just noticed best value vacs started selling these heating blankets for there vac chambers. I only see them in the states tho so far

Top Bottom