Amendment 64 & a recreational collective

• Thread starter LeroyB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LeroyB

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the legalities in starting a non-profit collective to grow and distribute marijuana to it's members.

Something in the law says about assisting someone 21 or older in obtaining/growing, etc. Would that fall into this kind of category?

Curious on some thoughts from anyone in the legal community out here.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the legalities in starting a non-profit collective to grow and distribute marijuana to it's members.
Get a good lawyer on retainer if you plan to. Not illegal according to the Amendment, but expect to get your door kicked in depending on what county you choose, and how big your collective is.

Different lawyers will say different things. RC has stated in the paper that it is legal, that is the position he has taken. If you read the Amendment, nothing prohibits it. However, if it were to be sold, then it is retail, expect that to be the focus of their efforts as sale is legal between patients per AM20.

But if you run that show off of advice here, hope the Broncos continue their spree, b/c you'll be wearing Orange.

I suspect that will be the new front this next year, with some localities calling in the Feds for backup, just like in Cali.

K

kolah

I am converting my push-pull ice cream cart into a bud-cart.

I just made my signs> "Kolah Buds 4 Sale"

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
IMO your red card is your best ammo in court and/or with the law..if you qualify for your card go that route for the protection, with that being said you should stay away from all the recreational activity as far as cultivation and especailly sales if your a red card holder..there is definately goin to be two different camps as far as the law goes

Recreational;users will have no affirmative defense in any way what so ever, 1 oz and 6 plants will mean exactly that with little or no room to argue.

Conspiracy charges can be a bitch

Tex

sky high

sky high

Good to see ya round, TK.....attemptin to skool the fools...as always. ;)

another_sellout

another_sellout

I've been doing this for 17 years.
I get up every day and grow.
This is what I do for my income.
This is my industry.
What are you?
A plumber?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I've been doing this for 17 years.
I get up every day and grow.
This is what I do for my income.
This is my industry.
What are you?
A plumber?

What are you entitled to since this is 'your' industry? No newcomers? Only veterans that you approve of? Can folks who have been growing longer then you feel more entitled then you? I've been in 'your' industry longer then you.

outwest

another_sellout

another_sellout

I post to help a grower with sick plants. I post to help with what I know.
What I know here:
He can't even provide his own due diligence in checking into the law, so much so that he trolls on a pot site somewhere to glean information from shit house lawyers. So, no. Don't think he has what it takes to make it. It's not legal anyway. All owners have to be declared. No co-ops.
As for those who came before me, due respect.
But as someone who's fought his ass off for years, this influx of adult children spending their parent's retirement money to flounder and fail because "it's a weed that grows itself" is a laugh riot to me. I see them here asking for strains that harvest in four weeks, expecting to dive in and make it at the top before they've even grown a real, normal tomato in their lives. They confuse what I litigate for through CSMCC and are the same type of clowns who give what little good we can accomplish AS AN INDUSTRY a bad name.
Do you remember the first dispensaries that got closed in the Springs?
It wasn't for plant count issues. It was because a dispensary wasn't enough and the ass clowns got busted selling coke out of the back.
We need to own up and watch our interests as an industry because if we don't, the regulatory committee for 64 will laugh Mom and Pop out and let RJ Reynolds and the rest take over from the top. Let's cut the crap long enough to get our shit together.
Like professionals.
In a real, respectable and adult industry.
And real, well...
Real recognize real.
He's not.
If he wanted advice on an industry specific lawyers number, I'd have offered him mine.
They're excellent.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I post to help a grower with sick plants. I post to help with what I know.
What I know here:
He can't even provide his own due diligence in checking into the law, so much so that he trolls on a pot site somewhere to glean information from shit house lawyers. So, no. Don't think he has what it takes to make it. It's not legal anyway. All owners have to be declared. No co-ops.
As for those who came before me, due respect.
But as someone who's fought his as off for years, this influx of adult children spending their parent's retirement money to flounder and fail because "it's a weed that grows itself" is a laugh riot to me. I see them here asking for strains that harvest in four weeks, expecting to dive in and make it at the top before they've even grown a real, normal tomato in their lives. They confuse what I litigate for through CSMCC and are the same type of clowns who give what little good we can accomplish AS AN INDUSTRY a bad name.
Do you remember the first dispensaries that got closed in the Springs?
It wasn't for plant count issues. It was because a dispensary wasn't enough and the ass clowns got busted selling coke out of the back.
We need to own up and watch our interests as an industry because if we don't, the regulatory committee for 64 will laugh Mom and Pop out and let RJ Reynolds and the rest take over from the top. Let's cut the crap long enough to get our shit together.
Like professionals.
In a real, respectable and adult industry.
And real, well...
Real recognize real.
He's not.
If he wanted advice on an industry specific lawyers number, I'd have offered him mine.
They're excellent.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. This is a plant for the passionate, every industry has it's gold diggers. They NEVER succeed. You look at any great business leader, and you'll see a passion for every aspect of what they are doing as a professional. Most of the people that I've seen be truly successful in the 'medical era' of cannabis are the ones that survived the green rush, the legislation nightmares, and the competitive infighting, and most importantly they offer an great product. Sure they are trying to make a buck, but aren't we all?

I hear you on the RJ Reynolds and Coors of the world being bad for most things. But I still see microbrews thriving and tobacco from all over. The masses will always prefer Budweiser, but I still think that leaves a lot of room for others. Cannabis is a product, like alcohol, where there will always be a thriving connoisseur market which will still leave plenty of room for the little guy.

I guess going back to my original point, it's no more my industry or plant then yours, Jonny Come Lately, or RJ Reynolds. It's up to each of us to determine our destiny with the plant, and in most cases those with lots of passion or (unfortunately) lots of money will be the survivors. As you and I agree, the best product will always come from those with passion.

outwest

another_sellout

another_sellout

Passion? As someone who's worked with SAFER, CSMCC, the Veterans Cannabis Council, and Veterans for 64, petitioned the CDPHE for PTSD and put my ugly grill on Fox news for this shit, I'm very simply offended when a month AFTER what we've struggled for years on happens, we're surrounded with the waves of those who didn't believe enough to dedicate their finances, time or face to this shit before! I've got kids to feed! I didn't find a myself a gas chromatograph just to use it as a towel rack in the garage! You read me wrong. This isn't MY industry. This is my INDUSTRY. You're absolutely correct that the cream will be at the micro-brew level, but the laws for ownership of a commercial retailer aren't on the books yet. We kept corporate interests out of medical. We can do it again, if we stay up our law maker's asses and remind them who the multi billion dollar industry is.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You are correct on all accounts. Life is full of assholes, don't let em get to ya. It isnt easy that's for sure, and they're everywhere!

outwest

sky high

sky high

The Johnny-Come-Lately's are everywhere now...and more are heading this way to cash in.
You know what/who I'm talking about, guys.

It's the STATE'S industry the way it is set up...not yours, not mine. No FREE enterprise..for sure. Like Med....it's an artificial floor....built of favoritisms and artificial regulation and monopoly. They don't want US selling bags...but they aren't controlling those they "licensed" whatsoever?

FAT chance, bitches. I'll do all I can to stop folks from shopping at these retail stores even if I have to give it away.

As far as the OP..... if it's the same Leroy....he moved here in 2009 or 10... like many others... to be a part of the greed/the dispensary game. Must not of worked out too well (?) for him (LOFL)....kinda like what is gonna happen with this whole "retail" scheme that is modeled directly from the failed MMED/1284 fiasco. If it's the same guy...he was featured in an article in the Springs paper re "Cannabis caviar" and sent me death threats on my cell phone for pointing out his involvement in the article here @ the Farm...as if I had something to do with the stupidity of grandstanding an illegal activity to the public. Classic stuff...highly-prosecutable....or so said the County DA when I showed it to him on my phone!

I still have hope the Fed will squish the entire retail model and we will all be FREE to take things as far as our brass balls will let us...AS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN. FUCK giving this all away to the State...and yes...eventually to the corps. Wake up peeps!

Once you sell the Farm, you no longer get to work the fields. "Retail" is selling the Farm.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Man ya'll are some angry cats....

Recreational collectives are a bad idea...pretty simple

There is definately some benifit to askin the blind masses about legal issues because it multiplys your research efforts, that is what due diligence is, isn't it?...I have asked many people with many many varied experiences with the law, the feds, and all the attorneys that feed on the entire process, you'll get as many different answers, from one end to the other, usually not one the same, there in is the benifit, you get a range of opinions, a range of outcomes, and honestly its all about risk management at this point and the more information you can have the better IMO

Tex

N

namaste

"But as someone who's fought his ass off for years" get off your fucking high horse! Its not just you that has fought his ass off? There are lots of others that have put in blood, sweat and tears and they sure dont act like an ego headed know it all like you. Dont forget brother we are all in this together. My Industry lol :) more like OUR industry!!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
and honestly its all about risk management at this point and the more information you can have the better IMO

I think it's always been about risk management to one degree or another, it's just the risks have changed!

outwest

Top Bottom