an actually plug n play mini split

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

Hey all. I've been researching mini splits for what seems like forevery. I tried to hire an actual tech, clean out my rooms, patched up holes, but guy thought it was too much a/c for the space and wouldnt do it.

so i want to just do it myself, I know excel air makes a nice 12btu plug n play but its about 2 times as much in price and 1/2 of what i need for cooling, hence 4times as costly.

I used to be under the impression that precharged line set means plug n play, but it does not, it means theres enough freon in the machine to fill those lines

does anyone know another brand that is truely plug n play?

or a prop215 kosker hvac dude in the bay area?

D

daddyhaze

I just installed the Klimaire 2 ton... installed myself, easily. and Im not handy, at all. $1600.

M

mrdizzle

yea thats what im thinking too.

I kinda want to buy a wall banger and build a box around it and independently vent it with an 8inc maxfan, but the nice friedrich 24000btu one is like $1100 but the EER is like 9, so its just as pricey as the split plus prolly an extra 100-200 a month in energy

M

mrdizzle

daddyhaze i need 2tons right now, if the sealed room works out ill do it to my other room as well.
whad did you think of the install. Im think im pretty handy, is vaccuming the lines just putting the vaccum pump on the line, letting it run for 10 mins, then resleasing the feon.

holler dawg

D

daddyhaze

Thanks J! nice to see ya here!

mrDizzle, I got the 2 ton, and it woks great, easy to install.... keeps it cool as i want, and makes me smile.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Need vaccum pump and guages, some niotrogen to purge the line and pressure test to 250-300psi......Can be done yourself but it could cost you in the end..

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

just install everything and when it comes time to hook the lines up just call the a/c repair guy and tell them what you need.

A

antimatter

For starters you have to evac the lines no matter what the company says, and you need a micron meter to get it down to 500 microns, running the vacuum for an hour might not be enough you might have to do it for 2 hours.. you need a meter or your just playing the guessing game.

Another thing to think about.. if you got a grow and you have a mini split and something happens where you gotta get it repaired you can't just have a hvac guy come over and do the work and expect him not to come into your room and check to make sure everything is working. If anything happened with the freon id have to buy a whole new pre charged system, I wouldn't be able to call a guy and get him to recharge it. Window acs on the other hand just pop em and if anything goes wrong pull it out at night cover up the hole, take it in for repair or buy a new one.

M

mrdizzle

thats a fact I def thought of before. they def break down from time to time im sure.

I saw a 2ton LG window banger at homedepot yesterday, but a eer of like 9. so im wondering how much money you would save in electricity to a mini split thats have 19 cuz the mini split may pay for itself, even if I had to buy a new one if it broke. ideally I'd like to find some cool 50yr hvac dude so if it did break I could call him

I would have to build a box for the window unit as well with and intake and exhaust, also they are sooo much louder. im figuring the box with muffel a ton of that.

A

antimatter

thats a fact I def thought of before. they def break down from time to time im sure.

I saw a 2ton LG window banger at homedepot yesterday, but a eer of like 9. so im wondering how much money you would save in electricity to a mini split thats have 19 cuz the mini split may pay for itself, even if I had to buy a new one if it broke. ideally I'd like to find some cool 50yr hvac dude so if it did break I could call him

I would have to build a box for the window unit as well with and intake and exhaust, also they are sooo much louder. im figuring the box with muffel a ton of that.

Are you in a basement? I see your point on the box if so, with the split you only got a small hole for the lines.

M

mrdizzle

im in first floor of my house with a window, i have a 12inch exhausting out it right now. but the weather justifies a a/c for about 3days a year hhaha so hanging one out it would look werid. so i would want it to be inside. the box shouldnt be a big deal to build I just like how quite the splits are plus efficent. i should just try to window banger and eat the extra 100 a month in power

A

antimatter

im in first floor of my house with a window, i have a 12inch exhausting out it right now. but the weather justifies a a/c for about 3days a year hhaha so hanging one out it would look werid. so i would want it to be inside. the box shouldnt be a big deal to build I just like how quite the splits are plus efficent. i should just try to window banger and eat the extra 100 a month in power

you could buy some sound proof material.

M

mrdizzle

"All our mini split systems are equipped with self purging valves on the outdoor unit. There is no need for vacuum pumping the lines. This is an advantage over most other models available in the market."

are they bullshittin me

H

hbstoner

"All our mini split systems are equipped with self purging valves on the outdoor unit. There is no need for vacuum pumping the lines. This is an advantage over most other models available in the market."

are they bullshittin me

Ya id like to know if these are legit as well. Sounds super easy to install, i need to install one in my garage but I dont know what to tell a tech that is coming out of why i need a 3 ton in there.

Top Bottom