An Alternative Light Setup for Growing Trees...

• Thread starter HypnoToad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HypnoToad

Hi there,

I won't lie, I am envious of all you Treegrowers out there, but I only have a 6x4 room, so 4 pounder plants aren't going to be on my grow table anytime soon. But I wanted to share with all of you a variation on lighting for growing trees for you space conscious folk.

Apparently this technique has been used to get, purportedly, 2 lbs per plant.

Basically they hang the lights vertically as you already do, except they hang 1 light directly over each plant. The plant is then vegged for 3 weeks or so and the branches are all trained to grow around the bulb like a vertical setup. In the end, if all goes well, you will have single lights surrounded by a wall of dank, sticky, trichome laden, frosty buds that smell so good...or so I've read.

I've never done this, but the idea seemed novel. I thought I'd share that with you.

Happy growing farmers,
HT

convex

convex

Look around for vertical scrog's - should help in your planning ;)

Cheers

K

kushpheen

I was looking at a pic from the 200 plant krusty room recently nabbed in canada, it looks like they may of also used horizontal lighting in addition to the vertical. Anybody try that?

C

ColoMediCann

Basically they hang the lights vertically as you already do, except they hang 1 light directly over each plant.

Not exactly what you are describing, but Texas Kid in his latest undercurrent grow has 8 plant sites with 6 vertical 600s and two overhead horizontal 1ks.

H

HypnoToad

I have pics of my current grow.

P2120371.JPG

P2120375.JPG

Here is my mother plant in sac. More pics of my grow later.

HT

Top Bottom