An Amazing OG Recipe I Want To Share With Everyone

• Thread starter The Kind Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Kind Man

The Kind Man

Xceptional:

Larry is a great strain to work with. She will stretch a minimum of two times on you, so if you flip at 18" expect to have her cap out around 54". I wouldn't go any taller than that if you're in a normal size room with 8' ceilings because she will grow into the light.

The best advise I can give on L.S.T.'ing and supercropping is go to town on her. Do it as many times as you can until you start to flower. If you need to do it then to control stretch, go for it, but it is not 100% advised to do so past your last week of veg.

House and Garden's is a good line, you will definitely have some good results. Just be careful with H&G nutes, they're really hot, you don't need to use much :)

Capo:

I would suggest stopping the silicates around week 3 or so of flowering. The silicates stop forming matrixes within the cell walls when the plant stops growing stem and leaf matter and concentrates on flowering. So there is no need to go past week 3 or 4 using the silicates, the plant has all the silicates it needs by that point in time.

As for the Cal - Mag, if you're using a three part, you would boost your Cal Mag as you lower your Micro input. If you're using a complete 2 part base nutrient, you should only have to add 1 - 5 mL per gallon all the way through Veg until right before the Flush in flowering. You might not even need Cal Mag if your nutrient input solution is in equilibrium, thus not causing any lock outs making everything available.

Some of the best medicine I have ever seen was grown using just GH Micro and Grow with tap water all the way through, just in different proportions during the different growing phases. I'll be the first to admit it, it hands down beat my recipe in terms cost effectiveness & final quality (weight and high). Satisfy the plants basic requirements and your plants will thrive!

There are many, many paths that we can go down to get to the same place, what it comes down to is what's the most effective for you to use in your specific situation :)

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|
|Knowledge Itself Is Power|

C

CAPO

Perfect!

Thanks for the quick reply, confirmed my suspicions about the silicate and reinforced my understanding of Cal/Mag.

I'm about 5 weeks out on a beauty. I have been using some Humic, sea kelp, and seaweed, up until week 4. I have cut back on the sea products and Humic. I plan to give micro for another 2 weeks, as I cut back, I will start in with the Fulvics till flush.

I'm not precise about my amounts yet. I would like to hear your thoughts some more on Humic/fulvic usage. I'm I approaching this right? I'm in soil and I keep ph high around 6.5 til around week 5. Then I gradually start to drop it to 6, at which time, I'm ready to flush with a low ph of around 5.5-5.7.

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

Capo:

Not a problem glad it helped clarify, but I am going to throw you something else :)

Keep using the seaweed & humic and/or fulvic acid all the way through flowering until a week before the flush.

Example: Week 1 - 7 of flowering with nutes & kelp humic/fulvic, Week 8 normal nutes without sea products but still humic/fulvic acid, and Week 9 - 10 flush.

These products feed soil microbial's and help chelate/sequester nutrients making them more available because they will not bond together chemically when chelated with humic/fulvic since the different elements valence has been satisfied by the humic/fulvic.

Also, the seaweed is a PGR containing cytokinin's so it will help redirect hormones for better growth and stess/drought resistance. After all we want them to keep growing all the way up to Week 8 before flush so you can get the most weight.

If you see red hairs in Week 5 or 6 there was too much phosphorus present and it made the plant finish early!

If you want the most weight possible, you still want to see white hairs growing by the mid of Week 8 (on a 10 week cycle), as it will finish off completely in the last 2 weeks with a proper flush!

Back to the kelp though haha, another cool thing about it is the cytokinin's present in them will kills bugs because it will tear their digestive systems apart when they ingest it.

As long as your nutrient solution is between 6 - 7 you should be totally fine in soil. I know cats that don't even check their pH let alone pH their solution when using soil, and holy hell do they have some fire haha :)

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

So is super A&B AN? Is "week 1" week 1 of flower? And I hear that synthetic nutes kill beneficials if that is so then what is up with voodoo and pirahanna and the like????????????????????????????

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

Ogtealover420:

SBA & SBB is made by Super Nutrients. Its called Super Bloom A and Super Bloom B.

Yes, you are correct, that is Week 1 of flower.

And I have never heard of the synthetic nutrients killing beneficial bacteria. If that were the case, the agriculturists that grow are food would not use synthetic nutrients. Currently 90% of our food is grown with synthetic nutrients in soil, where beneficial bacteria thrive.

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

C

CAPO

Capo:

Not a problem glad it helped clarify, but I am going to throw you something else :)

Keep using the seaweed & humic and/or fulvic acid all the way through flowering until a week before the flush.

Example: Week 1 - 7 of flowering with nutes & kelp humic/fulvic, Week 8 normal nutes without sea products but still humic/fulvic acid, and Week 9 - 10 flush.

These products feed soil microbial's and help chelate/sequester nutrients making them more available because they will not bond together chemically when chelated with humic/fulvic since the different elements valence has been satisfied by the humic/fulvic.

Also, the seaweed is a PGR containing cytokinin's so it will help redirect hormones for better growth and stess/drought resistance. After all we want them to keep growing all the way up to Week 8 before flush so you can get the most weight.

If you see red hairs in Week 5 or 6 there was too much phosphorus present and it made the plant finish early!

If you want the most weight possible, you still want to see white hairs growing by the mid of Week 8 (on a 10 week cycle), as it will finish off completely in the last 2 weeks with a proper flush!

Back to the kelp though haha, another cool thing about it is the cytokinin's present in them will kills bugs because it will tear their digestive systems apart when they ingest it.

As long as your nutrient solution is between 6 - 7 you should be totally fine in soil. I know cats that don't even check their pH let alone pH their solution when using soil, and holy hell do they have some fire haha :)

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

Totally getting, what your laying down, bro...and thanks!

I took advantage of having some FloraNova grow(i think is7-4-10), on into the 2 weeks of stretch. Then...having a bottle of FloraNova bloom(i think is 4-8-7) on hand, just finished that bottle at 5 weeks. It ended up being perfect in soil, but had to increase the Cal-mag from 5 to 7 with the pure OG's to avoid a deficiency. Next time I would like to switch the FloraNova grow for Botanicare and add a little more Dolomite to the FoxFarms Ocean Floor.
I now will be using the 3-part Micro and Bloom.
Probably will stay stronger on the Micro at first then increase the Bloom(Phosphorous) as I approach week 7.

I can totally see that my P/K booster has turned some hairs red on the Afghani hybrids and a tiny bit on the Chemdog D. All the OG's are still white as can be. So what you said about too much P is very evident.

Thanks again...The Man IS truly Kind!:smiley_joint:

bigdrty

bigdrty

hey kind man was wondering if you or someone could tell me about Protetk was looking for some info on this product and who makes this. I can't seem to find anything on this
Thanks

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

BigDirty:

Pro-Tetk is made by Dyna-Gro. It is a Potassium Silicate product. The NPK on the bottle is 0-0-3 but it is actually 0-0-3.7 with 7.8% silicate. The website is www.dyna-gro.com.

Hope that helps.

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I can't wait to see some pics result of people using that recipe. I don't think i will use it one day but thats some great info to keep and share. thanks TKM.

M

Mr.Flowers

Greetings The Kind Man!

Great thread!

Keep up the good work..;-)

~Flowers~

bigdrty

bigdrty

Thanks, went to the Hydro store and found it! good to go,
Also What are your thoughts on
"Great White Mycorrhizae" vs using Piranha and Tarantula I heard this great white has 90% of both Piranha and Tarantula... and would be easy on my wallet.

Thanks again!

Drty..

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

Flowers:

Thank You.

BigDirty:

I have used Great White and also Sub Culture B&M vs. Piranha and Tarantula combined and I have a yet to see a better root structure with the other products.

When you take your plant out of your pot, the difference in roots in substantial using Piranha & Tarantula over the other products, it looks like it is all root and almost no medium haha.

I can definitely say with 150% confidence that I would not use any other product in substitute for Piranha & Tarantula.

SBKG:

No Problem.

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

Kind man,

Awesome posts man you will definitely be rewarded with some excellent karma.
I run a similar mix and was pondering what you mentioned about the ph drift.
I run dtw in coco and start out at 5.8 and have minimal drift no more than .3 to.4. I was wondering what you set your ph at initially and how far yours drifts in a week’s time? Also does it always drift the same way? What do you attribute the ph drift to in "your" rez?

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

never mind on what you sent your ph to and what it drifts to. I re read thread and got info

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

TheCoolestMan:

Registrd uses a slightly modified version of this recipe, here is what it comes out like:

Hope that clarifies things.

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks a lot TKM, I will try this in soil once i get real OG Kush cuts! peace

J

judaz123

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

My name is The Kind Man, I am also known as The Magician, as I have been known to make magic happen :) Here is an OG recipe that has been around for years. It is very solid and it is not uncommon to pull 1.5 - 2 lbs per light with this recipe when the atmosphere is at its optimum conditions. I had to pull tooth and nail for this recipe for years, and I want to make it available to the masses, as what I went through shouldn't have to happen to everyone :)

Before we start, here is some background information that may be useful... These have been strictly run on 4x4 tables with anywhere between 8 - 16 plants (depending on the vegetative time) per 4x4 area with 1000 Watts per table. The growing media used is 6"x6"x5.8" Hugo Blocks. This recipe is intended for drain to waste purposes. Strictly geared towards to OG's... Larry OG runs spectacular with this, and the Skywalker OG runs the best on a slight variation of this recipe.

If memory serves me right this recipe caps out at 1800 ppms or so @ the .6 ppm conversion...

Well Here It Is:

45 gallon reservoir Drain to Waste Application

Super Bloom A & B (each)
Week 1 – 675 mL
Week 2 – 715 mL
Week 3 – 770 mL
Week 4 – 810 mL
Week 5 - 840 mL
Week 6 – 840 mL
Week 7 - 840 mL
Week 8 – 750 mL
Week 9 – 705 mL
Week 10 - Water

Carboload (If using Bud Candy, Cut It out at Week 8)
Week 1 – 90 mL
Week 2 – 90 mL
Week 3 – 90 mL
Week 4 – 90 mL
Week 5 – 90 mL
Week 6 – 90 mL
Week 7 – 90 mL
Week 8 – 90 mL
Week 9 – 90 mL
Week 10 -

Big Bud
Week 1
Week 2 – 340 mL
Week 3 – 340 mL
Week 4 – 340 mL
Week 5 – 340 mL
Week 6 – 340 mL
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

Piranha
Week 1 - 54 grams
Week 2 - 54 grams
Week 3 - 54 grams
Week 4 - 54 grams
Week 5 - 54 grams
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

Tarantula
Week 1 - 54 grams
Week 2 - 54 grams
Week 3 - 54 grams
Week 4 - 54 grams
Week 5 - 54 grams
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

Overdrive
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7 – 300 mL
Week 8 – 300 mL
Week 9 – 300 mL
Week 10

Monster Bloom
Week 1
Week 2 – 10 grams
Week 3
Week 4 – 10 grams
Week 5
Week 6 - 10 grams
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

Protetk
Week 1 – 45 mL
Week 2 – 45 mL
Week 3 – 45 mL
Week 4 – 45 mL
Week 5 – 45 mL
Week 6 – 45 mL
Week 7 – 45 mL
Week 8 – 45 mL
Week 9 – 45 mL
Week 10

Vitamax
Week 1 –
Week 2 – 90 mL
Week 3 – 90 mL
Week 4 – 90 mL
Week 5 – 90 mL
Week 6 – 90 mL
Week 7 – 90 mL
Week 8 –
Week 9 –
Week 10

Hygrozyme
Week 1 – 225 mL
Week 2 – 225 mL
Week 3 – 225 mL
Week 4 – 225 mL
Week 5 – 225 mL
Week 6 – 225 mL
Week 7 – 225 mL
Week 8 – 225 mL
Week 9 – 225 mL
Week 10

Add a little Cal Mag to the reservoir when needed, usually every other week at 1 mL per gal.

Enjoy everyone! And please, DO NOT KEEP THIS INFORMATION TO YOURSELF, SHARE THE LOVE!!!!!

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

Seems a bit high to me...I get the same results using half that nutrient and recirculating. You go all the way up to 3.0 EC and its way too high for OG. OG has lots of Sativa in it. I take my EC as high as 1.8 to 1.9 and I get 2+ per 1000 watt. You are using SBA and SBB on a 2 to 1 ratio towards Big Bud...SBA & SBB gives you a combined 3-0.6-4 ratio. You got a lot of phosphate to suplement...thats why you can load on monster bloom with super nutrients

Super nutrients were made to be used with super burst 0-52-34...in liquid form would be 0-5.2-3.4. Very similar to monster bloom.

Monster bloom would be your best additive from weeks 3-6...Big Bud for weeks 2-3, and weeks 7-9 on overdrive.

I would not suggest combining big bud and monster bloom unless you run to waste maybe.

1.4 ec week 1 NPK 1-0.5-1
1.5 ec week 2 NPK 1-1-3
1.6 ec week 3 NPK 1-2-4
1.75 ec week 4 NPK 1-4-3
1.75-1.9 ec week 5 NPK 1-4-3
1.75 - 1.9 ec week 6 NPK 1-4-3
1.6 ec week 7 NPK 0.5-4-3.5
1.5 ec week 8 NPK 0.5 -4-3.5
1.4 ec week 9 NPK 0.5-4-3.5
Flush week 10

The Kind Man

The Kind Man