AN Big Bud Or HG Bud Xl

• Thread starter FileError404
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FileError404

Anyone use both before (on diff. cycles)?

Starting a new crop soon and like to hear pros and cons of each.

Thanks a lot!

NEGANHBB.jpg

or

NEGHGBXL01.jpg

L

LEBDOG

AN works and doesn't stress out your plants!

Big Mike (AN Owner) himself isn't really that bad a dude at all. He's not as powerful these days as before when he was a smaller company. That aside, he himself loves his Big Bud and advises using Roots Excelurator from HG instead of his root shooters which he pulled. Mike wants to create and rep only the best because it's simply easier to sell. I believe Mike would rework or revise Big Bud if he did not feel it superior to the existing products on the market. Big Bud is part of the AN program though, and as far as I know HG may work better with your specific nutrient regemine.

I myself am using Big Bud this round and getting about 30 percent better results than I've ever gotten before, kinda funny 'cause that's just what they claim.

So many people out there hate AN and it's partially due to my experience with GH, but also when so many people unjustly hate a company, I need to check that company out...

I am no green thumb, but I hate making the slightest of mistakes and feel AN has guided my recent grow to a level I would never have achieved so quickly sticking with GH!

PS: I have no affiliation with AN, and in fact don't like the new direction of the company, but so far they are still somewhat under Mike's supervision. Once shareholders take over look out!

My 2 cents!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Any chance you can do a side-by-side of these products? I've purchased some Big Bud to try out on my next indoor coco run. However, I know an awful lot of people who swear by just about anything House & Garden puts out. I swear by RE now (and now that I can afford it).

S

SYDAM23

why on ur big bud does it say 0-1-4?? mine says 0-2-4.... Was wondeing how often should i water and feed plants now they are in the flowering stage please...little stuck..

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I have used them both and at the same time.

I now just use Hammerhead or CX Superior Potash and Bud XL. Whilst the Bigbud does indeed swell buds I found, ime, that it seriously reduced aromatics and finished pungency and taste. So now I do not use it.

And I did a side by side to see what worked best. And the combo of CX Sup potash, Budxl, Bcuzz Bloom stim and coco booster worked best for me.

But, Bigbud is not a bad product at all. Does exactly as it says. Increases yield and i am in no doubt that if this was ones first try with a suppliment then it would also increase quality.

F

FileError404

Thanks a lot for the info guys!

I couldn't care less who makes what, or their reputation...all business has drama surrounding it...as long as I don't have to order from Hitler Hydroponics, I'm good :D I'm always mixing and matching products from diff. companies anyway. I use botanicare silica, Cal/mag, some humboldt's own stuff, etc.
I'm running Canna Aqua as my base nutes but I will probably use RE from H&G, (is the Canna Rhizotonic supposed to be the same or would you use both?)
Heard many good things about the Big Bud, very little about xl.

I heard the Big Bud got changed lately, hence the diff. label on the pic. Anyone use the before and after? Differences?

Whilst the Bigbud does indeed swell buds I found, ime, that it seriously reduced aromatics and finished pungency and taste. So now I do not use it.

Is this confirmed? :o That would suck, I used Superbud before and had that effect. Giant phat colas but trich reduction and no aroma...fokk that! The superbud is some one time application only, though with hormones and shiz... but if the Big Bud does the same I'll stay far away.

Can anyone else chime in, please?

Thanks again!

L

LEBDOG

I do and I will give a full report on taste at the end of my flower in 3 weeks when all is dry! I use bud candy, but not nirvana yet, as it was harder to find in stock locally when I got started with my current grow. I am hoping that I don't lose taste using AN. I will let you know when I get there...

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh, please do not think that BigBud and Superbud are the same. They are very different. I wouldn't recommend superbud to my worst enemy. Not that I have one, LOL.

And when I say that I found Bigbud to diminish quality. We really are splitting hairs. Most people would not even be able to tell the difference. And it was only more noticable after the bud had been cured for a good 3 months. But even still it was only slightly lacking, in comparison, to the non bigbud stuff.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for the information, herbalizor.

P

paulycali

Me too! Hey hannaman whats your input on the kool bloom

L

LEBDOG

I don't like the way KB Dry doesn't really break down when mixed. I tried a dozen ways to break it down. Maybe that's by design, but this truly complicates even distribution, so I prefer full liquid the liquid Big Bud.

Kool Bloom Dry either settles or floats, but doesn't really mix. Bummer!

B

barneyfife

i just got H&G whole line today accept for the algen ex and magic green.
looking forward to trying them out.
been wanting to for sometime them or canna. no one carried either around my parts till recently.
with the mmj here hydro stores are just poppin up lol.

L

LEBDOG

i just got H&G whole line today accept for the algen ex and magic green.
looking forward to trying them out.
been wanting to for sometime them or canna. no one carried either around my parts till recently.
with the mmj here hydro stores are just poppin up lol.

They seem to really have the right attitude at that company (H&G) and really seek excellence in the garden!

H

HannaMan

Me too! Hey hannaman whats your input on the kool bloom

Hey! I only use KOOL BLOOM liquid during the stages of growth when things really phatten up...probably around Day 21-35 give or take on both ends of the spectrum depending on strain.

I don't use the KOOL BLOOM dry because I really like my product OVERDRIVE by AN, so i'll continue to use that for now.

I like to keep the additives on the low side... I think feeding the plants what they want at the correct times makes all the difference in the world, and I feel its easier to do so when you're using less products.

For my OG Kush-
GH 3 part
Floranectar (sugars, not every feeding)
Bushmaster on Day 2... .35 ml/gallon, aqua next two days.
I will start feeding KOOL BLOOM around Day 21, after the nodes are set and the flowers start to bulk up.
I'll continue with KOOL BLOOM until about Day 40 for my OG.
I'll give her some 3part with a little flora nectar after this stage so she can build up on her resources and sugars before I begin to suck all those juices out with my OVERDRIVE.
I'll feed overdrive anywhere from 10-14 days, and then I will flush for 10. I'll be chopping the OG I have around day 65, by then she is MORE then ripe...bushermaster helps speed things up a bit and get rid of that obnoxious stretch.

Also, I will measure run-off and feed plain water or light food, depending..
I have been running Rockwool Croutons and I noticed that they REALLY love a good bath every once in awhile, because each girl is sucking down over a gallon a day, so i'll catch a little PH-rise and salt-build up if i'm not careful...

Sorry for rambling but this OG is great! :party0044:

As for H&G goes, they have some amazing products like there ROOT exculerator or however they spell it, that I will be picking up next time im at the hydro shop.

I've heard people who run the entire line for years running into problems lately, hopefully that is resolved.

EDIT: lmao holy shit I was off-topic.

G

Gro

herbalizor,do u run any beneficials or sweeteners/finishers with hg?

S

seabass212

i dont think these are the same products for a comparison. I use both product and if I remember correctly the big bud contains alot of amino acids that the plant needs to produce effiecient and maximizing bud formation, as bud xl is for supplying nutrients from your leaves directly to your sites. I used both and wouldnt go on without them in my regime.

S

seabass212

I think my only advice I have for you is run a tester of it on diffrent plants and strains. I use to use kool bloom on my ssh and they had massive resin and oil content, but did not blow up my sites. I switched up my boosters and poof, swollen and oily.

L

LEBDOG

i dont think these are the same products for a comparison. I use both product and if I remember correctly the big bud contains alot of amino acids that the plant needs to produce effiecient and maximizing bud formation, as bud xl is for supplying nutrients from your leaves directly to your sites. I used both and wouldnt go on without them in my regime.

I am gonna investigate H&G in my next grow G5. I think I will continue to run AN in my main grow room and a complete H&G system in my 4x4 LED tent I am setting up. It will be interesting to compare the results. I am always looking to find the truly best nutrient program I can, keeping simplicity a chief priority...

Top Bottom