AN half price while it lasts

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

I know there are a lot of peeps on here who don't like AN products but FYI Jareds Nursery in Littleton is discontinuing AN and has everything on sale at 1/2 price. I went in for a 7 oz bottle of 7.0 and really hurt the check book. Was thinking of changing to something else but not now at least for a while. lol

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Damn u guys r lucky.. I need a few gallons of Connie A&B

A

A20Grower

I know there are a lot of peeps on here who don't like AN products but FYI Jareds Nursery in Littleton is discontinuing AN and has everything on sale at 1/2 price. I went in for a 7 oz bottle of 7.0 and really hurt the check book. Was thinking of changing to something else but not now at least for a while. lol
Also keep in mind that they don't carry their full line, some items aren't 50% off.

I would recommend calling first to see if they have what you're looking for. I also don't think the sale is just AN, I saw some other nutes marked down.

A

A20Grower

I would avoid old, close out nutes.
They aren't old, the store is no longer selling a few brands. The markdown is to make space, not because the nutrients are 'old'. I agree with your statement although it doesn't apply to this situation imo. Just my two cents.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Legalization is going to hurt AN the most...
At least their base nutes, everybody still loves their overpriced additives.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

AN is focusing on Europe, according to my sources. Folks are becoming wise to cannabis-specific gimmicks like kushie kush (Wtf?!) and for crank in up prices on standard fertlizers...

sky high

sky high

Seems like quite a few nurseries/Garden centers tried to jump on the bandwagon and found out...like the hydro stores, that there's only >so much< business out there to split. Once they saw it wasn't as profitable as other items they are making space for what they do sell. I've even noticed less stock on the shelves at the hydro store here....so dunno if that is just a sign of their own downfall or a symptom of an overbloated industry. Anyone else seeing less product/choices/inventory at their local shop?

muir

muir

how do you know it's not old, got super hot of froze? I lost 1000s of dollars from using free AN shite.
good luck with it.

A

A20Grower

how do you know it's not old, got super hot of froze? I lost 1000s of dollars from using free AN shite.
good luck with it.
You don't. That's one reason growers should never buy nutrients from craigslist that are likely old or places where items sit on shelves for a long time.

Country Fair Garden Center just south of I-25 and Colorado has half price nutes (mostly Botanicare Organic) and bulbs, but I saw mostly lower wattage MH bulbs. They had 7.0, various flavors of Sweet, Huvega, Humega, Seaplex and Calplex. I would call first, some items on their shelves are old; they're Oregonism expired in 2012 and they're still selling it at full price. I'm sure people's mileage will vary.

ttystikk

ttystikk

One bag of Jacks Professional Hydroponic mix, 25lbs, $35 from their website. Add a bag of calcium nitrate, which should cost about half of that- and you will never miss or want to use 'connie' again!

If it's a DRY BAG OF NUTRIENT SALTS, IT'S NOT TEMPERATURE SENSITIVE. Only the wet bottles are freeze/heat sensitive, which is reason enough not to use them, nevermind the cost.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

One bag of Jacks Professional Hydroponic mix, 25lbs, $35 from their website. Add a bag of calcium nitrate, which should cost about half of that- and you will never miss or want to use 'connie' again!

If it's a DRY BAG OF NUTRIENT SALTS, IT'S NOT TEMPERATURE SENSITIVE. Only the wet bottles are freeze/heat sensitive, which is reason enough not to use them, nevermind the cost.

Not freezing saved my ass this winter, is nice to be able to store the nutes anywhere.

Thanks for the tip.
I new there had to be something even cheaper than Maxi Bloom/Grow ($100 ea/ 16 lbs). But even the price on that is right. You save $$ when you don't pay to have water shipped.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I C a place on the internet that had some hippies breaking down what all the AN additives were, too. Like all the stuff, mostly kelp. Be really interested to see, as legalization progresses, if some strains don't get standardized for the masses and nutes specifically for such strains. Gotta a take a BOP (bottom of pyramid) approach for some companies, I think. When margins go down, production has to increase. But what am I saying, took me years to learn, most people don't have that attention span.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I C a place on the internet that had some hippies breaking down what all the AN additives were, too. Like all the stuff, mostly kelp. Be really interested to see, as legalization progresses, if some strains don't get standardized for the masses and nutes specifically for such strains. Gotta a take a BOP (bottom of pyramid) approach for some companies, I think. When margins go down, production has to increase. But what am I saying, took me years to learn, most people don't have that attention span.

Corporations, like the aggressive people who run them, tend to behave like children; grab the candy and to hell with an attention span! This is the main reason why I believe corporations should not be allowed to influence government directly in any way. This isn't unfair; if the stockholders and employees want political change, they can vote like the rest of us!

sky high

sky high

a few things I observed as a store owner:

Because I was in CO....winter shipments were a bitch. I was always receiving/sending back shipments with frozen product. The first time it happened I had no clue the shit was frozen....accepted the order...stacked it in the shop....and went home.
The next AM when I arrived for the day there were multiple cases of product mixing and leaking onto the floor.

So much for the hydro guy making big bucks/livin the life of ease/always being in Tahiti. The only luck present in the entire scenario was that the store was warm. Another customer told me a tale of dropping a quart of "Floralicious" on his concrete front porch...in January.... and the shit instantly started freezing to the step.....as did any attempt to wash it away with water. He did say that his wife's flowers that Spring were >extra< large/pretty..... but that was the only goood thing about any of it and they ended up having to come into the house through the garage for a good 3 months to keep from tracking the shit in....

If ya made it this far...something else I know is that >old< liquid chem nutes will separate/crystallize....and you will HEAR the stuff rattling in the bottle when you shake it. >Old< organic nutes will show themselves via the bottle sucking in on itself as the oxygen is eaten up from inside the mix. (still Ok for flowers/lawns.....but pot is worth too much to risk it, IMO).

Check GROTEK nutes for formulas that...I believe...AN reverse engineered and copied/jacked the price to fuck in their line.
Definitely some very similar products in the mix

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Well, I have to try the jacks. Just have to remember to order off their website, everywhere else jacked up the price x2-x5.
Supernatural is just too damned expensive to try at $100 5lbs.
Cutting edge just saw liquids, save maybe $50-$100 or GH on 6gal set.
Grotek Silica, hell yeah, $35 gal., didn't see any base nutes, though.

Top Bottom