...and now fire

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
souf69

souf69

Funny how theres fires one day after the feds released nineteen mill in funds to Colorado.... talk about strange... God bless all in the peeps devastated by this.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Smell is strong this morning, haven't looked at the maps yet this morning but it was ragin last night....if the winds stay at bay a little I have a chance but if they kick back up from the south west It may get toasty here....its heartbreaking to see some of these multi million dollar ranch compounds burned to the ground around you..people lost some nice shit out here

I have some big ass steel water tanks for the cows I can jump in as well....me and the dogs will be outta here long before that....might take a trey or two of clones off the moms before I bail just in case..

I have actually lost everything in a fire back in '92, got out alive and that was it....sucks and no fun at all

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Smell is strong this morning, haven't looked at the maps yet this morning but it was ragin last night....if the winds stay at bay a little I have a chance but if they kick back up from the south west It may get toasty here....its heartbreaking to see some of these multi million dollar ranch compounds burned to the ground around you..people lost some nice shit out here

I have some big ass steel water tanks for the cows I can jump in as well....me and the dogs will be outta here long before that....might take a trey or two of clones off the moms before I bail just in case..

I have actually lost everything in a fire back in '92, got out alive and that was it....sucks and no fun at all
Get the hell out if you need to.
Better safe than sorry.....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Lookin at the maps, I'm still good but I did gather some important documents and had a chat with the dogs about our escape plan just in case....I won't be stupid but I am compelled to stay here until I absolutely have to bounce.....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

TotTaly understandable... A few years back a huge fire came up the backside of our mountain side and died before coming down our valley so scary to feel the heat of what might change your life or ended it. May GOD be with you.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Wow be safe out there guys.....seriosly though people gotta be more cautious when throwing a lit roach into the brush......lol it's funny cause we've had like a week and a half of straight rain here off and on day and night......take it easy

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I just rode the fence line on the ATV, no wind hardly yet, still pretty smokey, and the smoke smells toxic.....

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Wow be safe out there guys.....seriosly though people gotta be more cautious when throwing a lit roach into the brush......lol it's funny cause we've had like a week and a half of straight rain here off and on day and night......take it easy

Lightning at one Royal Gorge, cause unknown in Black Forest but lightning ruled out. Leave blaming the lit roach on the Stoners until we have the 'pot tourism', then, it's a possibility. More likely the tourists will just start them by leaving their camping site with a smoldering camp fire.
Stoners are some of the most fire conscious people in the forest. Now a group of us when in High School hosting a kegger???

TK: You get any early morning relief with the temps or haze? Don't know if it's because of the fire, but the sun is just starting to shine because of an early morning humid haze. Good luck.

putembk

putembk

Unbelievable!! Can't even open my windows. Smoke is so thick can't see the mountains. Sure hoping this isn't the new norm in Colorado. Prayers go out to all affected by the tragedy going on in our state. Last week Oklahoma and now this.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Sunny and nice right now, winds about 5mph outta the south east....smokey though and the winds are goin to kick again in a a few hours

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Looks cloudy, unfortunately smoke.

Wow..bummer :(

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/13/us/colorado-fires

130612171125-01-colorado-fires-0612-horizontal-gallery.jpg

putembk

putembk

Check this out..they should mandate that every house has one out here...need some kind of automatic rapid deploy setup but would save many houses from embers

http://www.firezat.com/index.html
Probably would help a lot. Wondering why so many want to live in the mountains and do nothing to protect themselves. I have a 2nd home in Grand county and there are NO trees within 200 ft of the house. There is a fire hydrant closer than any trees. Watching this develop is just plain sad. Hoping the Gorge Bridge is ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom