Andy Irons Surf Pro Dies

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SurfdOut

SurfdOut

You should have seen it yesterday morning, first big swell of the year, Andy kine swell, 40ft+ faces, super glassy.

M

MediMary

I never surfed anything that bid, Double overhead on the north shore is Heavy for me. The water is just heavier up north, once In a blue moon the waves would fire in town nice, but the water not nearly as heavy, although Im sure I don't got to tell you.:talking

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, man, the article I read didn't mention Portugal *or* that he was on methadone at all. Wow, methadone..? If I ever get to Portugal I guess I'll be bringing all the OFF! I can buy!
(I go through a lot of that stuff when I'm on the island, my blood is rich and tasty, mosquitoes even send out for it.)
Dengue(bone crushers disease) is a bitch, had an outbreak in the islands a couple of years back, lots of my friends got it.

It's not important at this point how he died, but that we all lost an inspiration.
Since I have lost a family member to dengue, I personally feel that it is important to know how he died so it can be prevented. People in the industrialized world don't give enough thought to the fact that so many mosquito-borne diseases still kill so many people, in this day and age.

Use protection, stay alive.

M

MediMary

no worries Sea, Iv been to portugal myself, Didnt even know about those kinda problems. I was bitten by all kinds of mosquitoes too as I was backpacking most the way.
Luckly I didn't get sick or anything.

SurfdOut

SurfdOut

Nice little fish board, got a 5'9" that just rips. Goin on an outer island surf trip tommorow. Go hit all the secret spots.....

SurfdOut

SurfdOut

Seamaiden, I've known Andy for about 14 years. Don't think a mosquito did him in.

L

Lost

Wow.. Rip andy.. I grew up in Hawaii surfing the south and north shores.. Andy was always a hero like Todd Chesser and the like.. Very sad..

J

Jalisco Kid

So sad to hear on such a nice day with waves. I caught dengue in Oax. high in the Mts. I was invited to a ceremony high in the mts. Was wearing almost all the clothes I had,probably was bitten in a cave there. I was so sick, my locals friends told me not to worry just dengue. I called the states the hospital told me to fly up for observation,nothing they could do. It is not called the bone crushing disease for nothing. By the 3rd day it was taking me 3 hours to roll a spliff. I hands were shaking so much I could only stay with reality for about 5 min then I would roll up in a ball and go to my happy place.
I lived with the indigenous people in the mts behind Puerto. I never heard of people dying from it. I was told once you had it you would not get it again. I know there is a hemorrhagic Dengue coming from Cuba thru the carib. It is now in my state. My niece had it this time last year. At least at the ranch I will be with my family.
I pray his family learns to smile again soon. Suerte JK

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

tragic. dengue fever...damn I heard that was rough. My condolences. Next time I'm out I'll drop a lei for him and his family. Reminds me of when Shane died..out of the blue so sad. Life is terribly fragile

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Seamaiden, I've known Andy for about 14 years. Don't think a mosquito did him in.
:( Honestly, I'd rather think it a mosquito than the other that's being suggested.

Btw, I've gotta give all of you who are able to stand up on a board some MAD PROPS. Really, it's not such an easy thing to do and I was never able to achieve it. But I do adore watching, and so for that, I thank you.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Foul play ruled out in surfer Andy Iron's death

S

Silica

RIP Andy cant believe it really.
I had Dengue in Indonesia this year. bone breakers alright. felt like all my joints were crumbling and couldnt even lay down in bed without a lot of pain.
Theres no cure for that shit.

Theyre saying it wasnt methadone now.

F

frostedlove

Yea Now no Methadone.....

DAMN media-----Still "I THINK" accidental OD ontop of being sick
DuDe was spewing his brains out on plane, been hella sick, hella dehydrated--couple heavy pain meds, sleeping meds and what ever else..........

BAMN your going to sleep and not getting up....

They said he was all nice in bed.......At least not naked on the floor in the bathroom. He was tucked in they said.....

Probley would have chosen a better spot to be dry reefed on then in the middle of the shit hole TEXAS.
AS a born and raised Surfer from TeXASS......I know there are way better places to be dry reefed then DAllas texas

Just shows you when its your time its your time........

He was one hell of a surfer is all I can say. The man could GLIDE........

M

MSL Foundation

Rest in peace ai!

Just to clear it up. He had a pain med/opiate addiction a few years ago.Then he quit, as far as everyone knew...Everyone friends and family thought he had been clean the last three years.

A friend was out with him partying at a bar the night before the contest he missed and He did not appear sick that night. Not saying he wasn't but if he was partying it never helps the immune system then I heard flying with Dengue is Deadly because of the temperature or something.

So there is a few things it might have been that killed him... but no matter what I hope the family is doing as well as they can....because, A family losing a father to be....Nothing sadder IMHO.

REST IN PEACE AI!

MSL

S

Silica

dengue thins the blood. especially later on. if you are taking other drugs im sure the body wont be getting the nutrients it needs when the blood thins so you could die easier. Thats what i think happened anyway.

fractal

fractal

OD'd on the methadone he was taking for the fever, I got 20 on it.

L

Lost

OD'd on the methadone he was taking for the fever, I got 20 on it.

Press is saying it was not methadone.. Perhaps he got back into the heroine again.. Being an island boy I feel lucky to have made it off the rock with out a meth habbit. I saw so many beautiful women ruin themselvs on that shit.. There is just so little to do there if the surf is not happening..

Top Bottom