Anesthesia V2F1 male

• Thread starter shdowlkr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shdowlkr

I picked up some seeds from Sanniesshop,
Anesthesia, breed by Wazzup
These are his second generation Anesthesia using the same female as the first, but a different Heri male then the V1's did.

I grew out 4 with 3 of them turning out to be males, 1 of which I consider the keeper.

He had trichs showing on the fan leaves in veg by the time he was 10 days old..

Here's some pics of his bud structure and keep in mind, these pictures were taken after 7 days in 12/12 (he had vegged for a few weeks before hand)

Thoughts from more experienced breeders? Im just using him for a few crosses at the moment. Want to see how his traits follow through before making a final decision on keep or toss, but what some more experienced advice.

TIA
Shadows

Anesthesia v2f1 male
Anesthesia v2f1 male 2
Anesthesia v2f1 male 3
Anesthesia v2f1 male 4
S

shdowlkr

ok, maybe a different question is needed??

Would this be considered a good male parent stock based on his structure?

I've not taken a male further then sexual detection in flower in over 3 years
and back then, I used the only male I got, so selection was "easy" lol.

S

shdowlkr

Had to take his head last night... Its full of sacs ready to open. The top 8" were removed and the lower 4" stripped and stuck in a cup of water. After I collect the pollen the donor goes back into veg.
I am noticing this male does not have a very strong aroma. Actually its a very very faint smell that I cannot describe.
Anyway...

S

shdowlkr

Gathered a few grains of pollen from him last night, and the other ladies in flower got a little dusting. Guess I'll rely on offspring to say yaa or naa since no one here can be bothered to answer.
thanks

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
faint smell dont use it imo. you want a smelly one i was always told.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
no, visible standing trichomes is a plus too, but a major breeder guy told me one time that he selects the males for that as well as stinkiness too though. if it has really good resin maybe do a cross with it just to see what comes up :) resin on the leaves isnt the same as stalked trichomes on the flowering part, thats what you want to see.

S

shdowlkr

Very good Hashmasta. I have him crossed now with a Sour Dawg female. I'll be crossing AM2 with another SD clone in flower in about 2 weeks.
Should give me some kind of idea of which is the stronger male

I do appreciate the response bro. I'll try and update this thread when I run the offspring.

Thanks again

S

shdowlkr

Looking at the budding females that shared space while AM1 was dropping pollen, it appears I have good seed set. Lots of red hairs and even a slight bit of swelling already. :joint:

S

shdowlkr

I didnt see it on the Anesthesia male pictured here, but his brother spit out hairs after a reveg.

I have a female of the same about to go into flower now...

Whats the likelihood of either of them going hermie as well?

G

Gene Bean

Ok then...

There is ultimately only one way to tell whether you have a good male there and that would be to make a hybrid and grow out some offspring to see if you have improved on the parents. Having said that I would personally select a male with trichromes and a good structure that showed early whether or not it smelled. Smell is not a indicator of potency, I am sorry but it isn't. It is just an indicator of smell. Now trichomes on the other hand, well, we all know what those little suckers have in them now don't we. If you want to breed for smell or to pass along that trait then by all means use that as an indicator of the trait you want to pass along because if you do not see it in the parents you wil have to search long and hard over generations to find it in the offspring.

Gene Bean :smiley_joint:

PS: BTW I think you have a winner there my man! IMHO...

S

shdowlkr

PS: BTW I think you have a winner there my man! IMHO...

Thanks for that post Gene. I'll keep that in mind on the next male selection, but I gotta ask ya this

I kept 2 anesthesia males from the same batch of seeds and one of them went hermie...

How would you approach the other?
Still a male worth considering or tainted hermie trash?

Latest posts

Top Bottom