Angels Camp Bans All Growing In City Limits.

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

People have tried all that before Mark. If you want to get religous, then why do I pay taxes that get funneled to kill babies? That is really against my religion.

Mark 12:17 "give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God."

By the way, I pay tax on food everyday. It's called sales tax. I pay a tax on health insurance, it's called Obama care. In case you haven't noticed, those things are not true in America anymore, sadly.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

One more thing Mark. I agree the consumer shouldn't have to pay taxes on Cannabis, but what about large producers? Large pharma companies pay taxes on profit right? Or where you talking for personal use?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Food is not taxed in California. If you look at the receipt from your last visit to the store you will see soaps and stuff have a tax. Cans and bottles have a tax. but not the soda. Medications also are not taxed. Is it your take that what belongs to God should be taxed by Caesar ? Cannabis belongs to God as does all things bearing seed. I don`t make money off Cannabis, I get compensation for my costs to grow, and my labor. The compensation never goes in my pocket but is put back into my property just to grow and do it all over again a little better the next time. I guess if I were to sell my property, the improvements would be cashed in at that time, but until then I have made nothing but invested all. If we are to be taxed for Cannabis it will be because we roll over and let the Government screw us once more. It`s our choice, all we have to do is vote for what`s right and best , or not. It`s not like the government knows how to spend our money better that we do . They spend every dime they get and borrow our freedom away for all they can get away with. And what do we get for all these tax dollars and debits? The crumbs left over from what big investors and corporations can`t carry off ! The Government just doesn`t need more of our wealth , we do !

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Again, great points.

I have struggled with the whole Tax thing. At the moment, I don't pay any income taxes, cause I got no job. (well, I have made 400$ this year over the table) However, I did have a very high paying job, so I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on taxes. I despise the thought of that money going to planned parenthood, and other sinful organizations.

It's also a matter of perspective. You say you don't pay tax on meds. However you do pay a monthly fee that covers those costs. That monthly fee is now a tax, if you have Obamacare. So where does the madness end?

You don't pay tax on food from the grocery store, but I sure do when I go to a restaurant.....

Like I said, where does the madness end?

Should it stop with the canna industry, Yes. Will it, not IMO.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m just angry because while we pay taxes to the Government it and corporations own almost everything in America. We are being bled dry. Our Government is in a spending spree with our tax moneys not being enough, so they borrow more and more money, and that money doesn`t even exist! We produce very little in America but we have some of the richest land worth in the world, oil, forests, minerals, water, farm land, ect. More and more it is being taken away from the citizens of our country. I believe the world will go into a huge depression. Where does that leave the American citizen? In the dog house with the whole world and it won`t be likely we will get any help from anyone but ourselves. I own my land out right. I want to build it up to produce food, and yes that includes Cannabis. If the world falls apart at some point I want my family and friends to be able to eat! With the new local and state laws proposed and being enacted that doesn`t leave me any legal way to better myself. I`m disabled and getting old. I`m on Social Security and Medicare. There isn`t any of my savings they haven`t already taken from me, only my land and what ever I can do with that. My children are little more than indentured slaves to the system ,one that is going to fail. I`m more than worried , I`m frightened for all of us ! All we need is one more tax over our heads to help pay for a Government that has a bottomless pit for a stomach. All we need is to hand over one more market to the Corporations of the United States of America !

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Amen. I try to stay positive, but America is heading for a great awakening. Been saying it since 9/11, and really been pushing it since 2008. The next two years will change the world. I hope for the better. Stay strong Mark, and when the time comes, be prepared.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Certain foodstuffs *are* taxed. Soda, for example. That shouldn't really qualify as food, but that is yet another digression. As is the religious aspect being brought up here. ;) Not all of us are of the same thoughts on this subject.
I think you have 2 different issues here but they seem to be lumping them together,1)personal use grows and 2)commercial for profit grows.
That seems to be what's happening in my county. They're removing the word "medical" from a lot of the marijuana cultivation stuff, which I don't really get. It's like they're trying to address recreational before we've even gotten there.
Ohnestly as long as i keep my personal grow rights of 6 per person on my residential property im good,im even ok with capping it at 12 total per residential property if it came to that.
Ah, but they're capping at 100'sq canopy. How many plants is that, outdoors? For me that's one, MAYBE two plants. A year? That won't supply my needs, not anywhere close to it.
If you want to grow more than that your getting into the commercial realm and you KNOW they want to,and are going to, whether you like it or not,regulate and tax that just like any other for profit business.They dont let you open a manufacturing facility or start a farm in the middle of a residential neighborhood or an area not zoned for it so why would we assume the commercial cultivation business will be any different?
In a farming community? It shouldn't be.
The writing is on the wall,the important thing is to keep our right to grow our own if we choose to and not have some fucking asshole city council or board of supervisors douche choose for you,2016 is gonna be a helluva ride in california.
Getting ready to address them all this Tuesday. Can't say I'm looking forward to it, the writing's on the wall and I'm pretty sure I know what direction our county will go. :/

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Another point to bring up.......

How is 12 plants enough for personal? Lets say I love to grow 12 different strains. How do I guarantee those strains for myself? I can't mother them, cause that would be 24 plants......How would you do a perpetual harvest if you can't clone before flower? In reality, a 12 plant count is more like a 9 flowering plant count, at best.

I personally think personal use should allow up to 1500 sq ft for personal use.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Right now I really wish our county would just stick with the total number of plants, even though I personally find it EXTREMELY limiting, it at least gives me some wiggle room to try and grow them as big as I possibly can.

Canopy size limitations mean that if you've got even just one really big girl and someone comes to enforce, you *have* to reduce your canopy size, and how would that happen? By cutting away the best, most productive parts of the plant.

Your thinking is exactly what our Planning Commission said!

MajorPrune

MajorPrune

There you go, much of this is complaint-driven.

In the meantime, the city of Angels Camp decided *not* to go for full bans. I don't have a link to the most recent reports, but they just met about it. I'll be at this Tuesday's BOS meeting here in Amador.

The issue with 215 is that nothing is so codified as to prevent the case law, and now assembly and senate bill legislation that allows a city or county to impinge on your 'right' to grow. In other words, your rights in that regard are actually very dubious.

Are you involved with your city's actions? If not, I suggest getting involved.

Thanks for the reply.

I've been some what involved, I spoke at a meeting when they banned deliveries. They just said "Sorry, we just can't risk it" It really is a political stonewall around here.

My property is open and near a popular walking path. I have a dog and a fence for thieves, but, I'm ruined w/out my license hanging there to stop the police. [Crawls back into garage like a criminal]

At least the County is being sued for going against their own regulations and the planning commission by rejecting a dispensary opening. LEO's went to the meeting and said they couldn't serve and protect the area. I guess the people that already live and work there are lacking in general police protection.:p

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

A little, but greed runs politics. Ban it, then allow only what you can control. Seems pretty standard.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
What MMJ has done is allow so many people to learn to grow that didn`t have a clue before, and when they shut it out by ether local Government or the larger Government they are stopping a much need skill set to combat hunger in the coming future . They are forcing people back to Big Pharma for medications and taking away the abilities of the people to feed and heal one`s self, and in the course of this , for many taking much needed cash flow away from the people. I think the covert reason is greed on the part of Corporations. They want the control that money can bring. I`m sure that they are still the force behind the local Government push against MMJ. Just as they are behind the Federal Government`s push on the War on Drugs. If I it to be legal , they want the control of the market, not the people! We must Fight this!!! we need to get evolved on all levels of Government and put up our best fight because it may very well be a fight not just for our freedom , but for our very lives!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
What MMJ has done is allow so many people to learn to grow that didn`t have a clue before, and when they shut it out by ether local Government or the larger Government they are stopping a much need skill set to combat hunger in the coming future . They are forcing people back to Big Pharma for medications and taking away the abilities of the people to feed and heal one`s self, and in the course of this , for many taking much needed cash flow away from the people. I think the covert reason is greed on the part of Corporations. They want the control that money can bring. I`m sure that they are still the force behind the local Government push against MMJ. Just as they are behind the Federal Government`s push on the War on Drugs. If I it to be legal , they want the control of the market, not the people! We must Fight this!!! we need to get evolved on all levels of Government and put up our best fight because it may very well be a fight not just for our freedom , but for our very lives!
That's exsctly what there doing! Already did it in Colorado. Too many lemmings that will fall in place to stop it in my opinion

C

califarmer5

The one thing I don't get, and perhaps I am ignorant here, but how does the cops find out about your spot in the first place? I can see if a neighbor calls, otherwise, how would they know?
The helicopter rolls around with a DA and the helicopter pilot themselves call into the sherriff and make a complaint, atleast over here thats how its done.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m not sure who flies in the BCSO choppers. They are in black. I have tried to take pictures of them with my Nikon but every time I point the camera on them they split and it never gets time to focus. They seem very camera shy. They also fly way under 100 ft. required by the Federal Aviation laws. I was going to use the picture to file a complaint against the pilots.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
If they continue flying so low I will also file a civil law suit claiming damages to my chickens and livestock. (when I get some) They are also a danger to the public and if they were to hit a tree top and crash, a danger to public and privet property. They could cause a forest fire if they crash those things around here ! Right now the air space rights above one`s property is yet to be defined. There is a case where owners have won on the basis of any height that would be usable from the ground , such as a windmill, tower, or building structure. Above that though it has not been decided in law yet. I think the issue of drones will force the issue back to the courts. Local laws differ across the nation. Many places have no law at all except through safe flight laws by the Federal Government. That is to stay above 100 ft. except where landing and taking off .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
An other area to explore is hobby rocket laws. What are the laws on firing off a hobby rocket designed to not exceed 100 ft. ? I know if one were to be fired off near one of the county or state choppers on privet land they would have the burden of proof that the rocket was directed at the chopper on purpose. If they were to claim it came in there flight path they would be admitting to breaking Federal flight laws. I know that if you are going to fire one off you have to notify the local airports within a certain distance I think. Other than that I am unsure about any laws concerning rockets.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

There is a product out there that will calculate aircraft height from ground just for that reason........let me see if I can find it.......

Top Bottom