Anonymous Week 1

• Thread starter MadSciNtst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

I accidentally fried my Blue Dream smh. Well the place I buy seeds from typically sends free seeds and they name them. This particular package was random. Soooo I said I will plant and see what happens. I decided to start off in cup of water(My GDP post, I threw seed in pot and magically grew) Was advised to start off in solo cups with poked hope in bottom. Wait til roots start to extend down bottom of cup and then transplant to 1 gallon.

Same mix as last other plant

2 parts Great Lakes Water soil. 1 part Worm Castings. Gently water. Because I don’t know if these are male or not, I have these outside. I have some weak clamp lights but it’s about 4 of them perfectly angled. Will update as the tome goes by. Any advice or tips is comments....all are welcome

Anonymous week 1
Anonymous week 1 2
Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

The solo cup is like quaility control. It’s to help make sure that seeds are ready to grow out of the soil. It’s not necessary needed just a extra step to insure it goes well

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

The solo cup is like quaility control. It’s to help make sure that seeds are ready to grow out of the soil. It’s not necessary needed just a extra step to insure it goes well

Helpful tip. Let’s see...I wasted one of the GrandDaddy Purp just dropping seeds in soil. I wasted what was called Zombie Death F*ck as well. So the cup method was definitely helpful.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Helpful tip. Let’s see...I wasted one of the GrandDaddy Purp just dropping seeds in soil. I wasted what was called Zombie Death F*ck as well. So the cup method was definitely helpful.
How everyone tells me to do it and I have a 100 percent germination rate so far. My sample size is pretty low tho. You first put them in water for 24h and tap them if they fall to the bottom then you put them on a plate in paper towel and wet it with water(I use the water in the cup) enough to damp it not soak it. Then leave in a dark place that’s a lil warm or room temp and they should have big tap roots ready to plant by 48h sometimes even longer. A lot of work for 100 doller seeds that why people buy clones and start from there

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

How everyone tells me to do it and I have a 100 percent germination rate so far. My sample size is pretty low tho. You first put them in water for 24h and tap them if they fall to the bottom then you put them on a plate in paper towel and wet it with water(I use the water in the cup) enough to damp it not soak it. Then leave in a dark place that’s a lil warm or room temp and they should have big tap roots ready to plant by 48h sometimes even longer. A lot of work for 100 doller seeds that why people buy clones and start from there

To each his/her own. I was told put it in a cup because towel can dry out. So I did. And was told wait til a little tail appears. Place them in soil. Doesn’t matter if rail is down or not. It’ll even itself out. Well....I did it and so far so good. As for price of seeds. I don’t know about 100 bucks. How many seeds do you get with that?

mancorn

mancorn

Looks like your solos are clear, so slip them into an opaque cup (of the same size) to keep the roots dark, (there's no sun underground :)), then you can still take a peek at the roots every so often. Looks like your light level is too low and why the steams are so tall. Normally the first true leaves will start forming after the steam is only a half inch or so. You'll get long steams when the plants searching for light. Is this an outdoor grow?

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Looks like your solos are clear, so slip them into an opaque cup (of the same size) to keep the roots dark, (there's no sun underground :)), then you can still take a peek at the roots every so often. Looks like your light level is too low and why the steams are so tall. Normally the first true leaves will start forming after the steam is only a half inch or so. You'll get long steams when the plants searching for light. Is this an outdoor grow?

Indoor. But thanks for the tips. I will get one of those cup covers. Also I will lower light. You bring up a great point. Will lower the lights immediately

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

To each his/her own. I was told put it in a cup because towel can dry out. So I did. And was told wait til a little tail appears. Place them in soil. Doesn’t matter if rail is down or not. It’ll even itself out. Well....I did it and so far so good. As for price of seeds. I don’t know about 100 bucks. How many seeds do you get with that?
Depends on the genetics but I only buy top genetics from reputable places usually 5 tho

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Depends on the genetics but I only buy top genetics from reputable places usually 5 tho

Aaah ok. I got mine from tssc. Inexpensive in comparison to what you have. Genetics is above my head. Haven’t done that far into it yet. Can you school me on that?

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Aaah ok. I got mine from tssc. Inexpensive in comparison to what you have. Genetics is above my head. Haven’t done that far into it yet. Can you school me on that?
No sir because genetics is over my head too I just get recommended seeds from reputable brands and buy the strains the have the desired effects :)

Top Bottom