Another attempt of not over watering.

• Thread starter Kirkb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kirkb

Kirkb

Hey man. Me again. I’m the dude who kept overwatering my plants. Started with two new ones and yes, I overwatered again but I let them dry out for 3 days before watering. They’re looking better.

I’m also the dummy who moved my two plants outside screwing up the light schedule. I had to....wife freaked out but she’s more open now.

Anyways, my grow tent. Thought it’d be a cool idea to have some tight light while they’re small and just unravel the roll to make it more spacious as they get bigger. In the past I built a frame tent but it didn’t allow me to make it larger as time went on.

I’ll post more pics as these girls grow and am sure to have questions. Thanks.

Another attempt of not over watering
Another attempt of not over watering 2
Another attempt of not over watering 3
Another attempt of not over watering 4
quirk

quirk

You can't overwater a well draining medium and you can't have have a well draining medium if your container is sitting in run off. Elevate and provide air circulation. The problem is watering too often, keeping medium saturated, forcing oxygen out. Roots must have oxygen. When water is required, water to slight runoff, then let medium dry throughout container before watering again. Let the concept of watering too OFTEN sink in and you'll eliminate root suffocation problems, I.E. fungus, mold, pests, nute deficiencies. Good luck.

Kirkb

Kirkb

You can't overwater a well draining medium and you can't have have a well draining medium if your container is sitting in run off. Elevate and provide air circulation. The problem is watering too often, keeping medium saturated, forcing oxygen out. Roots must have oxygen. When water is required, water to slight runoff, then let medium dry throughout container before watering again. Let the concept of watering too OFTEN sink in and you'll eliminate root suffocation problems, I.E. fungus, mold, pests, nute deficiencies. Good luck.

Thanks. Makes sense. I kind of looked over your reply last week kind of fast and didn’t raise til tonight. I raised them approximately 1/4” for run off and air circulation. In the meantime the fans got a bit yellow. I’ve been watering only when cup feels light and soil is dry when I feel down an inch. I’m betting your suggestion will help though. Another question.....is this too much light for their small sizes? Thanks again.

70D15C34 B151 465B 8A45 576C3873249E
EB21A64C D58F 4899 AE29 47D965E68AA2
9044BD61 648D 429C A9E3 9AAA84E2793A
A19448F2 06FD 4DF8 BA7E 1F9717903BDF
Kirkb

Kirkb

I also got rid of that Tupperware and using a lower profile wall so air can get under there.

Kirkb

Kirkb

It’s been almost a month from my original post and my plants look like crap. I’ve been watering about every 3 days when the cups feel light.

1–Am I still somehow over watering?
2– Is it safe to remove plant into a new cup with new soil or would I just destroy it?

This sucks and it’s frustrating. Help.

288F6DC8 C33D 4A1A BBA8 F60C251029BF
ArrEll

ArrEll

It’s been almost a month from my original post and my plants look like crap. I’ve been watering about every 3 days when the cups feel light.

1–Am I still somehow over watering?
2– Is it safe to remove plant into a new cup with new soil or would I just destroy it?

This sucks and it’s frustrating. Help.

Try a few of those canvas Gro-Bags. They're pretty cheap on Amazon. I got 6 for 9 bucks (3 gallon). Hard to over-water with those...it'll just run out the sides. But maybe you could also let the plants dry-down more, between waterings. Mine responded really well, when I cut way back on the frequency of watering. I have them in a Coco Coir mix which drains very well, but they didn't stabilize until I let them go three days between waterings. That seemed perfect, in my setup.

Kirkb

Kirkb

Try a few of those canvas Gro-Bags. They're pretty cheap on Amazon. I got 6 for 9 bucks (3 gallon). Hard to over-water with those...it'll just run out the sides. But maybe you could also let the plants dry-down more, between waterings. Mine responded really well, when I cut way back on the frequency of watering. I have them in a Coco Coir mix which drains very well, but they didn't stabilize until I let them go three days between waterings. That seemed perfect, in my setup.

Thanks, I did the canvas bags and switched soil. They responded well after 3 days. I also have some good visitors. I hear ladybugs are great for your grow killing mites. They just happened to show up.

91386AB4 9337 4A3A 9992 D349EC290D83
806837E0 D566 4841 98F9 61C40AF18C27
47618E3B 1D1E 417D AE3A FACFA1A09B72
3DDEB9DF 8682 43ED 9B4F 2595656891A2
337A5CC4 2963 4264 A2F1 13C731E4C867
Badchoice

Badchoice

An idea for ya too try with ff soil grab a bag of mother earths coco/lite and mix it in to help with over and under watering when you move too the next big pot size.

Kirkb

Kirkb

An idea for ya too try with ff soil grab a bag of mother earths coco/lite and mix it in to help with over and under watering when you move too the next big pot size.

Thanks, I’ll try that. You raised another question though. Do I necessarily have to switch to a larger size pot? I already went from a solo cup to the canvas bags pictured because the plants weren’t doing well. I attached pics to show the size of these bags and used a cup for a reference. I forget their size but they are pretty big. I am hoping they could stay in these bags until harvest.

1444472E A3E0 47C1 9DFA D9ED509BBFC5
8C638444 438C 4CF5 A4F8 E83807933B86
Kirkb

Kirkb

They are 1 gallon grow bags. I also have 5 gallon grow bags but they are monstrous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom