Another Flush Thread

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moses249

I like others have been debating the flush or not to flush forever. I grow hydro ebb n flow using advanced nutrients. This current crop is days away from harvest and i decided to flush all my tables using advanced nutrients flawless finish. I called advanced and they said to run the flush product for 2-5 days then just use water afterwards. so that is what i did. within 48 hours of using their flush product all my plants turned hardcore yellow 85% of the fan leaves went from emerald green to yellow sun. I only ran it for 2 days then changed the res to straight water for the last five days. Not sure whats gonna happen with the final product but having such a rapid change in the plants because of one product in 48 hours seems absurd. I guess I'm not specifically asking a question just sharing my experience and trying to decide once and for all if i should be flushing or not.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

All any of us can do is experiment and find what works best for us, for our plants. That does seem like quite a drastic change rather quickly, I'd be feeling a little sketchy about that stuff too seeing that I think. I've got a perpetual thing happening now, got all stages going in my flower tent at the moment, I'm going to experiment a bit with my flush as they finish up. These first plants that I'll have coming down, instead of doing a 2 week flush, I'm just cutting back on nutes and going to do one big flush for the final watering. I've got a bottle of Final Phase from AN that says to use in the final week, I'll be trying just using that for my flush on something too, hell, I might try that on one of the 3 I'll have finishing up soon. Experimentation and time will tell I guess.

tommy2snips

tommy2snips

Hi, my name is Tommy and I'm a flusher. *crowd say's "Hi Tommy"* ...haha
But exactly like ^Papa says...everyone does it a little different...because every room/run/strain is different.
I don't use flush products myself....but green to full blown yellow in 48hrs does seem a bit drastic. Everything might work out fine tho...time will tell

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I've been flushing with plain water but, my disability makes a lot of things difficult for me so, I decided to try a flushing agent, although I've had it for a while and have still been using just water. I think I will try it on something though. I believe this stuff is supposed to neutralize whatever is left for nutrients and salts in the soil, not real about that but, gonna give it a shot with one of these anyway.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
At the start of my last2 weeks I use a enzyme once and then just water to finish out. I don't poor gallons over m. Just water till finish , and works great every time

tommy2snips

tommy2snips

At 3wks to go....half strength nutes. 2wks...water/molasses/kelp. 7-10days to go until chop..plain water, extra runoff if/as needed.
Hmmm...so maybe I don't exactly "flush". Not like I used to anyways...lol

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I've been flushing with plain water but, my disability makes a lot of things difficult for me so, I decided to try a flushing agent, although I've had it for a while and have still been using just water. I think I will try it on something though. I believe this stuff is supposed to neutralize whatever is left for nutrients and salts in the soil, not real about that but, gonna give it a shot with one of these anyway.
Edit: not real *sure* about that....... oops. lol

Bannacis

Bannacis

If your doing true organic growing or "TLO" usually a flush is not needed, because you have been feeding the soil not the plant.
but I am a believer of flushing.
Kinda mimics late fall. cool rains, cool temps, the lower change in temps probably has an effect on nutes uptake and whats available. So a cold water flush it is.

Top Bottom