Another Legend Lost...RIP HAWG

• Thread starter goleboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

goleboy

If your a San Diego local please pray with me for the family of James "Hawg" the creator of Hawgs Breathe...Northern lights #5 x Williams Wonder. He passed away Last night after an apparent heart attack. This guy was the most compashionate dude on the medical scene. He had many breeding projects but the most notorated (pge 84 of the cannabible) was his Hawgs Breathe strain. Hawg, u were my MENTOR and my INSPIRATION...the community is at a loss, but i know u will be along with me for the ride "skys the limit" he always told me. Ayone in diego that has smoked the real hawgs breathe knows whats up and his legend lives on through his strains , berry white, berry queen, blue goo, blue crack...endless stuff! He was scheduled to enter the San Fran cannabis cup at the end of this month with the best batch of Hawgs Breathe he had done to date, and he would have won. "the doo doo in ur pants type of crop" as he would say.

I miss U big guy...stay close and watch over me and the family. We think about u constantly!

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Very sorry for you loosing a mentor. Sounds like he was a groundbreaker and its sad when people like this leave the world. I have Heard of the Hawg's Breath before and think i will aquire some to grow in honor. R.I.P Hawg.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
man thats a bummer dude
my condolences:passingjoint:
gtd

N

NBfrost

best wishes to his family , and my condolences for there loss ..

D

darkcloudy

Sad he will no longer be in the physical with us anymore. But one thing Ive learned from all the deaths Ive seen throughout my life.. Noone is ever gone, their energy is just transfered else where. He will always be here with you and all of us. Who knows he could be our very own MMJ Grow Spirit Guide ;p

Namaste Hawgs!

D

darkcloudy

I havent smoked today (like to change up what time of day I spark it up all the time :D) but after reading this I have to spark up a nice dab of wax for a fallen fellow homie!

Oh it burns so good! Nothing like having 2 different levels of conscious wrapped in the same post! RIP Brotha!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry For Your Loss

Sounds like my kind of guy, he will live on in his breeding and your memories

mal

R

R3DROCk9

RiP James...you will be missed..i learned a lot from him and he often gave me free meds wen he used to work at top quality and unified....jus went up to unified today to grab me sum hawgs breath....gunna smoke one blunt for my buddy...i hope i dont cry

p.s. i remember james telling mHe that hawgs breath was (father) williams wonder X (mom) green crack X northern lights..honestly i have never been a big fan of the cut, bu i think today i find it beautiful to be smoking it.......minus the circumstances of course

G

goleboy

Thanks for all the kind words, I know he trolln from heaven for sure. The Original hawgs breathe was Williams wonder father and northern lights mom....there were many out breedings so I don't doubt at some point he mixed the fire GCs hehadx...but u can't fux with the original hawgs breathe cut. He still had 2 seeds of northern and 3 of williams wonder ALL UN CRACKED from 1988. Countless back crossing brought him to the apitamy of what hawgs breathe is today...sadly unified has a stolen LEGIT cut of hawgs breathe....but hawg had no hand in growing the hawg they have. I am fortunate to have been good friends with a great guy . He sent in countless freebies to attitude seed bank and other spots. People who know him know how humbling he is. This guys would have given the shirt of his own back to someone he didn't even know just cause they asked. RIP BIG BUDDY

R

R3DROCk9

yeah...sux

he knew his strain had pull in SD, bu would still donate it to collectives for a fair price...sum would jack up the price, tho......bu, wutever.....

james gave mHe his formula on paper one day...hope i could still find it..lucas formula, top feed drip, rockwool, wit a liddle bit of liquid karma

btw, i know unified can be shady wit all their past going ons, bu i am curious, how did they 'steal' his cut? is that why he stopped working there??

also...damn...they could charge less for an 1/8th, considering the circumstances!! 8^{/

G

goleboy

James and his other partner at unified had a couple houses going with flowers, there was 1 4x8 with 32 hawgs flowering....things between hawg and partner went south and hawg backed out. His partners then took cuts of the hawg in flower and worked for OVER a year to get her to reVEG ....finally they did it. So it is a LEGIT JAMES HAWG cut, but it is stolen because they continue to run the strain but nowhere near the caliber big james did it,....after all it was his creation. I also have james' feed schedule and nut line up, he was gracious enough to teach me some of his tricks over the past year and for that I am so very thankful. They man was a genius in the botany world..knowing more about cannabanoids than any one I had ever talked to. The guy definitely was respected in SD being a local grower...and TEACHING most of the SD growers who are on par today. He held grow classes at unified that was one of the most informative grow classes I have ever been throu. If u wanna see the hawg strains grown by hawg himself check out green leaf wellness, he was our main flower vendor and I got the last QP of hawgs breathe that he would ever donate before he passed away 3 days ago.

G

goleboy

P.s. Hawg was all organic grower in coco mix in air pots with botanicare products in the recent years. No rockwool or drip feeds for him...all hand waterings.

J

JAHGYDI

rest in power Hawg. being a sd local i remember the original hawgs breathe in the mid 90s never had anything that compared since.

S

sidewing

just phased the hogs breath out of my grow.. still have some buds tho.. ill blaze a bowl of it in memory right now.

Top Bottom