Another Lumatek bites the dust..

• Thread starter dlovejah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dlovejah

dlovejah

Well I just wanted to let you guys know.. That I went and bought a Lumatek 600 with dimmer switch and after a little over a month it conked out.. Luckily I have back up... I should have listened to the warnings but I didnt and I got bit.. Back to the old faithfulls and no more playing around with this BS.. Back to Straight Powerhouse 600 sodiums.. I should have known better.. Any feedback and comments welcomed...:harvest: LUMATEK SUCKS!!!!:character0029: Thanks farmers... dlj.

B

biggs

Well I just wanted to let you guys know.. That I went and bought a Lumatek 600 with dimmer switch and after a little over a month it conked out.. Luckily I have back up... I should have listened to the warnings but I didnt and I got bit.. Back to the old faithfulls and no more playing around with this BS.. Back to a Straight 600 sodiums.. I should have known better.. Any feedback and comments welcomed...:harvest: LUMATEK SUCKS!!!!:character0029: Thanks farmers... dlj.

sorry to hear that mate,isn't it still under warrenty? was it one of the purple ones? i recently bought 5 of them. and don't want to be have to replacing them any time soon.

dlovejah

dlovejah

Yes its a purple One. and Ill get my money back but I cant risk running these again..Its not the Money as much as the risk and Inconvenience. I had a small fan on it, and my grow room never got above 78 degrees.. I hope they dont blow for you Biggs , but I just wanted to give a heads up to my experience... I really wanted to move into the Electronic ballasts,and I was going to go with Next Gen but they were out so I tried a Lumatek.. Good luck with Yours Biggs... I hope they do you right...d

B

biggs

Yes its a purple One. and Ill get my money back but I cant risk running these again..Its not the Money as much as the risk and Inconvenience. I had a small fan on it, and my grow room never got above 78 degrees.. I hope they dont blow for you Biggs , but I just wanted to give a heads up to my experience... I really wanted to move into the Electronic ballasts,and I was going to go with Next Gen but they were out so I tried a Lumatek.. Good luck with Yours Biggs... I hope they do you right...d

cheers bro. was planning on having a fan on them aswell to keep them cool as i've been told they can get quite hot. are you going to give the next gen ballasts ago mate?

dlovejah

dlovejah

That ballast did get hot.. Hotter than my Magnetic/Coil ballasts but when I kept a little fan on it it was as cool as a cucumber.. I dont think it was heat related... Well After my Rant and Rave I still might try a next gen...Ive got someone heading down now to return my Lumatek and I run enough other lights so If one goes out its not a real problem, just inconvenient... Everyone says the Next Gens are the bomb.. What do you guys think?... Straight Sodium or try again with a Next Gen...I did think the Lumatek gave off more light than my other 600's... d

R

Rolln J

my digi ballasts are parked at the moment - they just burn through bulbs - I mean I change them every 90 days anyhow - but fuck they werent even lasting half a bloom run sometimes...

F

frogeye50

Orry to hear the bad news.I had 1take a shut on me. The store replaced it for free. Never had another problem since.I saw somewhere it said 1 out of 10 e ballasts have gone to shyt .as far as the warranty lumas can't be beat.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

I read on another site the guy said he went thru 3 in six months. I lost one magnetic ballast out of four magnetic ballasts in 5 years. You do the math. peace

dlovejah

dlovejah

well I just talked to the guy at the store and there out of both Powerhouse and Next Gen 600's.. I agreed to take another Lumatek 600 with the full assurance that if anything goes wrong they will take it back and give me a cut deal on the other two ballasts... Good enough Ill try it again and in a week theyll have magnetic/ coils in stock.. Damn thing put off great light.. Shame they cant get these ballasts dialed in....cheers mates.... d

Z

Zeldar

Wow, interesting. I've been running a Digital Greenhouse 600w for over two years now with absolutely zero problems, paired up with Sunmaster M.H. conversion and HPS bulbs. The only thing that worries me is that the ballast isn't UL certified from what I can tell...?

H

hbstoner

What magnet's would anyone recommend for 1000watts? I know some of them run really hot.. id be nice to know if people have seen cooler running 1000's.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yep my Lumis have Zero problems. Have old silver 120v ones (over 2 years old the leaky resin ones) and purple 240v ones (about a year old). Never Had a bulb burn out and never had a ballast go out, misfire or such. What kind of bulbs were you using? I use Sunpulse MH's and standard HPS bulbs without a hitch. Dont know why but it says to not have a fan blowing on your ballast. They have warranties. Hydrofarm will swap them out for you. Emailed Lumatek yet? Lumatek rules hehe!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

IMHO, the digital ballasts aren't quite dialed in yet. I know growers who love and swear by them, and I know growers who hate and swear AT them. I had a buddy swap his 4 old ballasts for 4 new digis, and they run interference on his television. I guess they do emit some kind of radio activity. Your ballasts, as well as ANY electrical equipment, will run more efficiently if they're kept cool. This includes your cords. I keep my ballasts outside my grow room if at all possible, and I ALWAYS put a fan on them. The extra electricity for the fan is balanced by the brighter light (more, better buds) and you'll pull less amperage form the grid. I am sticking with my Sun Harvest Pros.

organicozarks

organicozarks

My first Lumatek I ever had burnt up on start up. Since then they have been going fine though.

B

BayAreasFinest

i have 5 750watt 250v only purple ballasts that just sit in there boxes.

resinryder

resinryder

Stay away fro Xtrasun E ballast too. !st one wouldn't even fire up, second one burnt out during first bloom run. Replace that one with a 3rd one. It finished that bloom run but burnt out around 30 days into the second bloom run. Swapped it out for a magnetic ballast.
Been running a 1K Lumitek for what 3-4 years next month. Never a problem at all. Uses Sun Master and Hortilux Eye bulbs with no problems at all and no interference. Have heard that several of the new Lumiteks with the power lumen function have caught on fire here so they are def out as an option as far as I'm concerned.

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

I have 2 global green house digie ballest and been running them for 18 to16 hr a day (motherroom) for 2 1/2 yrs with no probs at all, i like them, but I noticed they burn the bulbs brighter more white in color, than the mag ballest, the mag ballest have a nice cool blue color to them, like there sapouse to and I think burn the bulb like it was ment to be burned, I also here that the Quantum Digitals are very good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom