Another Noob grow. Mag 357 LED in use.

• Thread starter Medijuana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

wow low yield alert! dude did you use a magnum plus? it seems they under volt those things i dont think the 3w leds run at 3 watts more like 1.7 watts . the only true 3w led grow light seems to be the black star chrome am i wrong? is the DS XML 350 better now

btw that bud looks like all leaf

Lmao. Those that brag their leds do a full 3 watts are BS. If they do that, the drivers burn out faster than xmas lights. The new 5 watt diodes will probably run at 3 watts. Etc, etc. In all fairness, I think you had a good grow for 180 watts. I wouldn't be to mad with all of that sweet meds you got there. Great job. Btw, I think sativas are more leafy anyway. Drop a nice INdy-sativa cross under that mag and busta nubs for sure. I also usually wait for my leaves to turn yellow(a sign that nutes have been depleted from my soil), but I try to time that in with the flush time. Sometimes I hit it right, and some times its still green at harvest. Working with different strains at the same time can really do that to me. Its all personal preference. I have had some of the most potent ones come from plants that I have literally let wilt at the end of the 2 weeks of flush, before finally taking her. Most definitely couch potato material. K mon, have an Irie kind of week, and happy healing.
PL.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

don't blame the 0.5 g/W on the ''sativa''. most plants are hybrids.

how much super soil did you use? 50% of the pot? I ask because your plants look toxic...not underfed. If you used all super soil - with 'extra' azomite - and used ACT before the plants used up the nutes in the soil, then you overfed. Those are huge pots, for the size of plant, and the expected yield. Even at 180 g total - 45 g per plant - you could probably get away with 2 gal pots of super soil, with no additional feeding. What do you think about Pure blend (or just ACT) in coco or promix? There's no chance of flushing super soil if you run into this problem again.

Your plants very obviously grew towards the light's hot spot. A second light will help there. $700 for 86 g of weed, plus your effort, materials etc. A $400 HPS 600W giving 300 g is still a better value, even with A/C. Even a 16 lamp 3000 K T5, will consume 864 W and yield 432 g (all assuming 0.5 g/W) without the heat issues of HID, or light distribution issues.

More leaf just means more hash :) You're doing great with the LED. Try to sort out your feeding/watering, and your environment. fwiw, you got some bad advice from growers. hth

Medijuana

Medijuana

don't blame the 0.5 g/W on the ''sativa''. most plants are hybrids.

how much super soil did you use? 50% of the pot? I ask because your plants look toxic...not underfed. If you used all super soil - with 'extra' azomite - and used ACT before the plants used up the nutes in the soil, then you overfed. Those are huge pots, for the size of plant, and the expected yield. Even at 180 g total - 45 g per plant - you could probably get away with 2 gal pots of super soil, with no additional feeding. What do you think about Pure blend (or just ACT) in coco or promix? There's no chance of flushing super soil if you run into this problem again.

Your plants very obviously grew towards the light's hot spot. A second light will help there. $700 for 86 g of weed, plus your effort, materials etc. A $400 HPS 600W giving 300 g is still a better value, even with A/C. Even a 16 lamp 3000 K T5, will consume 864 W and yield 432 g (all assuming 0.5 g/W) without the heat issues of HID, or light distribution issues.

More leaf just means more hash :) You're doing great with the LED. Try to sort out your feeding/watering, and your environment. fwiw, you got some bad advice from growers. hth

Thanks for the feedback. You're right about the supersoil. I definitely think there was too much there. I even think one of the plants took a hit when the roots reached the supersoil level. I'm glad you saw the same thing. And yes, the pots were pretty big, but for the most part, the root zones of all but one plant pretty much filled the whole pot. I'm going to try to get better with my humidity control too, as that got all out of whack towards the end. If my second grow with an indica-dominant strain is as light on the yield, then I will concede that HPS is a better value overall. However, yield aside, I did end up with some damn potent medicine, "leafy" or not.

B

Burned Haze

There's a HPS next to it thou? I was told with all 3watters led to keep it 16 inches not 3ft

I'm very interested :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom