Another Oddball or sick?

• Thread starter Buzzer777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This is a Oni Papaya Cake x Crockett Strawberry Fields. There are 4 plants (my pollen chuck)..2 are PC leaning and 2 are SF leaning (from the leaves only).
I have seen this type of Striation before, but never to this extent. Everything has been identical with all 4, and the strange one has the best structure of all. (not PH, Virus, etc)
IDEAS???????????????????????????????????

Another oddball or sick
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That was my 1st thought, but she is in FFHF soil and watered with PH'd water (6.2-6.5) and gets Nectar Herc Harvest (liquid bone meal). When I saw it, I began trying Cal-mag itself with no effect. This has been from the get go and I am thinking genetics (recessive at that) caused by my pollen chucking. Its siblings from the same batch of seeds are normal, and I can see obvious leaning to the parents. (this one leans towards Strawberry Fields judging by leaves alone)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That was my 1st thought, but she is in FFHF soil and watered with PH'd water (6.2-6.5) and gets Nectar Herc Harvest (liquid bone meal). When I saw it, I began trying Cal-mag itself with no effect. This has been from the get go and I am thinking genetics (recessive at that) caused by my pollen chucking. Its siblings from the same batch of seeds are normal, and I can see obvious leaning to the parents. (this one leans towards Strawberry Fields judging by leaves alone)

I saw this on one plant before when i was very new at this. Went on a few weeks until I flushed her out and re fed a low dose of nutes. Then she started losing leaves and growing new ones. Other plants from the same seed pack were fine.

Who knows man?

Is her runoff acidic?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I saw this on one plant before when i was very new at this. Went on a few weeks until I flushed her out and re fed a low dose of nutes. Then she started losing leaves and growing new ones. Other plants from the same seed pack were fine.

Who knows man?

Is her runoff acidic?
I will find out.
When I first saw it on another plant way back, I thought it was TMV and went into panic mode..it wasn't and I had already contacted the commercial, well known breeder as a friendly warning about the possibility.
The structure is strong and healthy so far, but time will tell. In any case, the cross should be straight fire as the parents are superb (assuming no major issues)

I have never done a slurry test, and she is fed ok (I always feed vegging plants skimpy until a week before flip). I also add Silica as I am using up the last of my Canna veg nutes before switching completely to Megacrop (love the stuff). Been fighting a losing battle with WPM this season. (I use Trifecta and might switch to something copper based for the veg room.)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm stuck on PH swing :/ not sure what else it could be. I had this but not quite as bad when my PH fluctuated a lot and was hi (because my PH pen was way out) like almost 1 full point out. But I grow in hydro so.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Who knows man?

Is her runoff acidic?
Sounds similar to what happened to me. 3/4 were fine and 1 plant did this. Thinking its just a some are more sensitive than others. Mine also just seemed to correct itself when I adjust ed the PH and got it stable instead of bouncing all over trying to adjust

Ina

Ina

I also have plants just like that one from time to time,i was thinking something with the roots/medium?I'm gonna look for pics to show you but I have seen exactly the same thing!In different strains few times.....My other plants look fine.....I 'm not sure but I think it happens when the soil retains more moisture but i don't know for sure......Is it stay wet for longer than the others?Is it drink like the rest of the plants,i think these odd plants don't uptake so much water...... It will be really interesting if someone knows the exact reason so I can avoid that in future(if I can)?!I think they can be cured and grow normal but I don't know what to change.:) These plants grow as fast as the others,the leaves don't fall off,i am really curious what could it be?!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thank you all..Your info/input is so valuable.

I would be stuck on PH as well, if not for the fact that this has always been the case..germinated in rockwool, PH at 6.2 in a humidity dome. Began as soon as the first serrated leaves showed. I would also expect to see more twisted leaves with a PH issue. I use a pen, but to be sure, checked with a Chemical kit.
All was good.

The Variegation and sensitivity of certain individuals seems to most def. be right in there. The plant was transplanted from straight HF to a mix of HF, Strawberry Fields (FF) and some Promix HP). I am watching this mostly since I was hoping for a mutant..Mutants are cool..LOL

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I also have plants just like that one from time to time,i was thinking something with the roots/medium?I'm gonna look for pics to show you but I have seen exactly the same thing!In different strains few times.....My other plants look fine.....I 'm not sure but I think it happens when the soil retains more moisture but i don't know for sure......Is it stay wet for longer than the others?Is it drink like the rest of the plants,i think these odd plants don't uptake so much water...... It will be really interesting if someone knows the exact reason so I can avoid that in future(if I can)?!I think they can be cured and grow normal but I don't know what to change.:) These plants grow as fast as the others,the leaves don't fall off,i am really curious what could it be?!
@Ina
Looking forward to your pics! TY!!!!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree Ina. I am sure i overwatered the seedling that eventually showed the mn deficiency. And then did not fertilize properly or early enough.

And i remember it was in Happy Frog with 20% pelite added.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

When I looked at this thread and saw the first picture right away I said TMV, but then the next picture looked just like op's plant from this thread..?? Hummm, I wonder?

I'm aware that there's some controversy whether Cannabis catches tobacco mosaic virus or not, just my opinion but I do believe it does attack cannabis

however I've also never seen it take a plant down, I don't even think it slows it down and in what I've seen the plant has grown out of it but I've also never had it as bad as op in this thread so? Following along, will be interesting to see how the plant does

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

When I looked at this thread and saw the first picture right away I said TMV, but then the next picture looked just like op's plant from this thread..?? Hummm, I wonder?

I'm aware that there's some controversy whether Cannabis catches tobacco mosaic virus or not, just my opinion but I do believe it does attack cannabis

however I've also never seen it take a plant down, I don't even think it slows it down and in what I've seen the plant has grown out of it but I've also never had it as bad as op in this thread so? Following along, will be interesting to see how the plant does
Since it is one that I made and there are 3 others in the same batch....I will let it go and maybe if a girl, it will make some really strange weed..LOL These are very different from other crosses that I have played with, as both parents are being expressed very early in veg. The wacko (forever named..LOL) shows Crockett Strawberry Fields leaves as does the other normal one. The other 2 normals show Oni Papaya Cake leaves..These 2 were powerhouses growing and consuming, and I can only hope the marriage and resulting offspring do what I was after.

Latest posts

Top Bottom