• Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Longmont medical marijuana shops lose bid to stay open during lawsuit
By The Longmont Times-Call
Posted: 08/20/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

A Boulder County District Court judge refused on Friday to stop Longmont from enforcing its ban on medical marijuana businesses, denying the city's dispensaries a preliminary injunction in their lawsuit.

"Turn off the 'open' sign," Longmont Apothecary manager Jason Hicks said softly into a cellphone after Judge Ingrid Bakke's ruling. Bakke found that the dispensaries did not have a constitutional right to operate under Amendment 20 of the Colorado Constitution, nor a protected property interest that could be guarded by an injunction.

The ban took effect at 5 p.m.

The judge acknowledged that the decision would hurt the dispensaries. There was testimony that one had spent two years developing some of the marijuana strains it would now have to let go.

"I very much sympathize with you," Bakke said, "but you are very much victims of developing law that even to this day is in a very gray area."

Longmont City Attorney Eugene Mei said he was pleased with the judge's ruling, which allows the city's ban to go forward. The City Council banned marijuana-related businesses in May, originally effective July 1. The actual date was delayed for more than a month and a half, first by a failed attempt to put the ban on the November ballot as a referendum, and then by the lawsuit and a temporary restraining order.

"We had a strategy," Mei said. "We implemented a strategy. And today is the day — at least for now — that the strategy has come to fruition."

Read more: Longmont medical marijuana shops lose bid to stay open during lawsuit - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/marijuana/ci_18721275?source=rss#ixzz1VZauhWOh
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

GhostFace

GhostFace

colorados going downhill fast
far from it! maybe from a dispensary/cargiver standpoint..maybe for people that thought they would cash in..but for people that moved here or live here & love the great outdoors & the mountains & grow just to supply themselves and a few close buddies_ it is still game on for most of us. its only down hill if you choose to look at it that way

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We got it made .
Just keep it simple and youll have no worries, like GhostF said.
Theres more to life and living in Colo. than growing and smokin weed...

sky high

sky high

How in the fuck did these cats ever think they could reverse the will of the voting public?
Looks like the lawyers had em following the carrot...

too bad they didn't see that the carrot was up their ass the entire time.

Bingo, ghostface. Let the turnaround begin and the house of cards start to fall. It's time for the patients/caregivers to take this all back as it was originally intended to be. We've taken enough heat and lost enought individual rights via 1284/DOR/this particular form of greed.

A judge reachin back to A20 is a good thing. A20 was/is the will of the people. What the dispensaries did by opening and putting the cart before the horse was their own choice and we as individuals should not be penalized for their actions.

Sadly...the greed of a few will impact the entire country as I'm now reading that some of the existing MJ states and many of those looking at coming online may emulate CO's HB1284 and fuck their patients over as well with state-run/taxed retail outlets and fewer rights to grow your own. Goddamn Amsterdam wannabees....

Proof positive that shit DOES run downhill...

plop.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
far from it! maybe from a dispensary/cargiver standpoint..maybe for people that thought they would cash in..but for people that moved here or live here & love the great outdoors & the mountains & grow just to supply themselves and a few close buddies_ it is still game on for most of us. its only down hill if you choose to look at it that way

Got dat right brudah

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

I myself have been a victim of these local bans. Losing mulltiple invesments and dealing with these ever changing laws. I am for complete legalization, as I am concerned that all these regulations will eventually lead to the complete stripping down of our personal grow rights and give the pharmaceuticals companies control.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
A few where able to get outta town before the ban kicked in..Natures Medicine looks like they came out better than they had it before. They are just on the city line where it turns into county land and not city land...kind of in your face Longmont...

Tex

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

I hope the best for them. I believe Natures Medicine (hopefully same company I'm thinking of) dealt with all this western slope ban bullshit in May as well. Im glad to hear that they are doing well and have survived yet another bump in the road!

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Exactly!

RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Theres more to life and living in Colo. than growing and smokin weed...

like Hiking and smoking weed...
Snowboarding and smoking weed...
Fishing and Smoking weed...
Skiing and Smoking weed...
Hunting and smoking weed...but watch out you don't mistake a friend for deer.(Grandma's Boy reference)
Playing Hockey and smoking weed...
Watching Movies and smoking weed...
Playing video games and smoking weed...
Going to work and smoking weed...
Smoking weed and smoking weed...

There sure is more to life in Colorado than growing and smokin weed....People are so one track minded around here.

RC

RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Birdwatching and smoking weed...

Taking pictures and smoking weed...

Hanging with the one you love and smoking weed...(my personal favorite)

Playing bongos with a bunch of Boulder and Fort Collins Hippies and smoking weed...

Going to college and smoking weed...

Smoking weed and eating at Big City Burrito

Smoking weed and eating Pizza with honey on the crusts at BoJo's

Drinking a Old Cherry Ale at the New Brunswick Brewery and...you guessed it....smoking weed...

There is so much to life in Colorado then just growing and smoking weed...

Please if you can think of others list them below...

RC

K

kolah

Isn't it true that Amend 20 says nothing about dispensary operation? Therefore I assume there's no provisions for it. Or am I wrong about that?

Melizzard

Melizzard

Hanging out in the Forest and smoking weed ... or by the lake. Either way, it rocks!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Takin shrooms and flyfishin and smokin weed

deep buddy

deep buddy

dosing out and getting lost in my house! seriously though we do have it made.
KIND BUD
not
GREED WEED

im glad to be here. but i dont really feel sorry for peeps who press the public and cry about it when they bite. lo pro simple.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Shopping and smoking weed! Yup, I'm a girl ... can't help myself! Especially DSW! LOL

City farmer

City farmer

Most my friends are to busy working, taking care of kids, and growing weed and dont have time to follow all the new rule changes or read all the latest MMJ conspiracy theories. "really i can only have 5 patients"??? And guess what they are all happy and thriving, snowboarding, hiking, camping, fishing and riding down hill mtn bikes. Its all about how you look at it.......if you dwell on the negative it will consume you.

Dispensaries were not part of amendment 20 and if you wanna run one of those good luck dealing with all that. Might as well bend over backwards and smile like a doughnut while being gagged and bound:sweating. Fuck em let em change the rules as much as they want. Just grow weed follow amendment 20 be safe and live your life, colorado is one of the best places on earth to do just that and we are very fortunate. I hope they leave it how it is. You think its fucked up now just wait till they attempt to "legalize it" and phillip morris begins blowing up the emerald triangle since they already own most the land? I hope I never see that day

eyecandi

eyecandi

playing poker with friends while smoking weed ....

trimming while smoking weed .....

'anything tedious and boring' while smoking weed .....

watching the grass grow ..... while smoking weed ......

Latest posts

Top Bottom