Another problem what's causing this?

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Ok well I had planned to change out my dwc water today 2 days ago because of the root smell.

But I noticed this before I changed the water.

The very top young leaves seem to be very skinny at the base of the leaf plus between the veins is turning grey. Some fingers on the leaves can't hold there own weight.

Here is my numbers after waterchange

Ph 6.0
Ppm 850
Temps @18C or 64F

Any ideas?

Hopefully the pics are visable

Another problem whats causing this
Another problem whats causing this 2
Anthem

Anthem

What did the roots look like? You mentioned a smell coming form the bucket. Picture of roots?

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
They look good or so I thought showing lots of new growth. Here a pic

DSC 0005
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
The smell is not rot smell idk how to explain it my wife says there is no smell. I seem to smell it all over my house. Plus it had a lot of old root pieces floating in the water. Don't need any brown alge again.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
The smell is not rot smell idk how to explain it my wife says there is no smell. I seem to smell it all over my house. Plus it had a lot of old root pieces floating in the water. Don't need any brown alge again.

You are probably correct, good nose!

Those broken pieces of root eventually decay and fall apart, like any vegetable matter it tends to stink when it breaks down, especially in an non-chilled rez. There are two products i use to keep my root bright white from germ to harvest (any brown tint is due to the PlusLife. I would suggest using hydroguard to protect against Root Rot from setting in and killing the plant. It can be found on Amazon. The other product I use faithfully is called PlusLife and is only available from the mft. It is mid-priced and the small container has lasted me two years and i have a 40 gal rez and a 10 gal rez.

+LIFE is a complete microbial inoculant. A powdered source of probiotics with a blend of beneficial bacteria and fungi. +LIFE helps your plants uptake all the nutrients they need to thrive. ==> https://hydroponic-research.com/product/life/

Happy Growing 🍻 🥂

20190914 222631
20190914 222650
20191221 155052
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Mine look like your last plant but I'm thinking it's from the nute I'm useing as the bloom is the same colour.

I actually found out what's up, as I was installing my new light and ballast I was looking at my roots and with the old 150w hps I had hanging much closer to the plants when I lifted them out the top of one plant touched the bulb.

I changed the water every week once I start to smell that, it's impossible to get hydroguard in Canada even amazon sellers won't ship it here.

I actually got some enzyme komplete does a decent job but I'm trying not to use that if I don't have to.

Thanks for the replies appreciate it 17days into flower and there already starting to frost up, high hopes with this new light.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Mine look like your last plant but I'm thinking it's from the nute I'm useing as the bloom is the same colour.

I actually found out what's up, as I was installing my new light and ballast I was looking at my roots and with the old 150w hps I had hanging much closer to the plants when I lifted them out the top of one plant touched the bulb.

I changed the water every week once I start to smell that, it's impossible to get hydroguard in Canada even amazon sellers won't ship it here.

I actually got some enzyme komplete does a decent job but I'm trying not to use that if I don't have to.

Thanks for the replies appreciate it 17days into flower and there already starting to frost up, high hopes with this new light.

You may have better luck with the PlusLife. It is a dry powder enzyme and is not considered a pesticide in most places. Hopefully someone using it from that side of the border can respond and let us know for sure.

Good Luck & Happy Farming 🍻 🥂

Nugg

Nugg

So u need someone from the USA to buy and send to you..the hydro-guard...lol..ppm seems high,but if they take it..it is what it is.

Top Bottom