Another question regarding rockwool

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deforced

Deforced

Right guys, I'm going back to the old NFT system, basically I want to germinate in 1inch rockwool and then transfer to 4inch and keep them vegging in 4inch until a decent size so I can basically put straight into the system once the flowering room is complete. Now I've never done this before so how long can I possibly keep a plant in veg in the 4inch and is it actually possible to hand water rockwool until the system is ready? I'm trying to keep it simple as possible so any answers would be perfect for me. Thanks

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

I veg in 4x4 blocks and then drop em in my net pots for flower. Flood and drain DWC system.
00B0A0B9 7DBC 4887 8D46 17390DC44E25

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Right guys, I'm going back to the old NFT system, basically I want to germinate in 1inch rockwool and then transfer to 4inch and keep them vegging in 4inch until a decent size so I can basically put straight into the system once the flowering room is complete. Now I've never done this before so how long can I possibly keep a plant in veg in the 4inch and is it actually possible to hand water rockwool until the system is ready? I'm trying to keep it simple as possible so any answers would be perfect for me. Thanks
it all depends if its auto's or photoperiods. i'm currently hand watering until my system is up as well. The roots might grow out of the rockwool, but when you transplant into the new slabs then it will work its manic

Deforced

Deforced

Ok thanks, they are photoperiods too sorry I forgot to mention. Just wondering what size I can get them before having to go on the tables because I will start them in the 4inch cubes and hand water before my flowering room finishes up. Thanks
it all depends if its auto's or photoperiods. i'm currently hand watering until my system is up as well. The roots might grow out of the rockwool, but when you transplant into the new slabs then it will work its man

Reactions: PK1
mojavegreen

mojavegreen

They stay in 4x4 anywhere from 1 to 4 months. Yes, air pruned.

Reactions: PK1
mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Neglected to mention my feeding schedule. I feed when blocks get dry, but not too dry.

Deforced

Deforced

Neglected to mention my feeding schedule. I feed when blocks get dry, but not too dry.
No problem thanks for the help, I'm going start in 4x4 blocks and air prune until my nft trays are ready and see how I go from there. What size do you manage to get them in the blocks? Thanks

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

No problem thanks for the help, I'm going start in 4x4 blocks and air prune until my nft trays are ready and see how I go from there. What size do you manage to get them in the blocks? Thanks
About 2’ to 3’.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You can keep them vegging in a 4" block almost indefinitely if you provide them enough water. After a few weeks-month you'll be watering numerous times per day though.

Deforced

Deforced

You can keep them vegging in a 4" block almost indefinitely if you provide them enough water. After a few weeks-month you'll be watering numerous times per day though.
I understand, all I want to do is start them off in the 4inch cubes and keep them going for a few weeks and air prune them before my flowering room is finished, then literally just move them into the nft tanks. They seriously feel like they take forever when I put the seedling into the nft tray and grow from there.

Top Bottom