Another Reason To Grow Your Own

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I read a Washington state study on contaminates in concentrated cannabis products from California. The results also make a statement on the safety of store or black market bought cannabis.

It was a week or so ago so I don't have the exact numbers but these are close, very close.

Around 70% of concentrates purchased in California had remaining solvents in the end product. Around 35% of the same concentrates had pesticides in the end product. Now even though the solvents don't effect the efficacy of purchased cannabis pesticides surely do.

I never even considered the use of pesticides and I'm sure most growers care more about profit than the safety of their customers.

I'm so happy I finally decided to grow my own and stop being someone else's guinea pig!

DGP

DGP

Exactly why I grow my own. No pesticides or funky bloom enhancers etc. Everything is kept as pure as possible through the whole cycle.....

Everytime I have used dispensary crap I cough up a lung.

DP

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I read a Washington state study on contaminates in concentrated cannabis products from California. The results also make a statement on the safety of store or black market bought cannabis.

It was a week or so ago so I don't have the exact numbers but these are close, very close.

Around 70% of concentrates purchased in California had remaining solvents in the end product. Around 35% of the same concentrates had pesticides in the end product. Now even though the solvents don't effect the efficacy of purchased cannabis pesticides surely do.

I never even considered the use of pesticides and I'm sure most growers care more about profit than the safety of their customers.

I'm so happy I finally decided to grow my own and stop being someone else's guinea pig!

Or maybe work to ensure state regulations protect consumers and patients instead of making it a giant cash grab. Colorado has had several years to work out the kinks, California is seeing what happened here circa 2012 post 1284/106 etc. California's rules are dog poo compared to protections for colorado consumers.

https://www.biotrack.com/colorado-med-alters-cannabis-testing-regulations/

B

Burned Haze

What I thought was such a disgrace (pesticides guidelines and bans in WA AND COLOARDO ) for everyone and exp for the small grower for wants clean meds and needs to know proper guidelines our government (Colorado rec ) making a full black list ( and reasons why ) and accepted list pesticides/fungicides alternatives that aren’t harmful (flower sprayed and minutes safe entry
)

I just noticed they wanted to go ape shit over greencure ( but accepts pre-scooped one ,meaning. They added water , wow... and stupid shit but not the obvious shit (avid,floramite,eagle20e, etc nasty stuff that’s systematic and people are using it indoors and spraying it all over their house or themselves or risking their costumers /patients without realizing theirs so many other alternatives )

you can’t expect these lobbyist fucks who all they want is their 20-30% taxes and put rest of us in jail and look like shit ( micro growing needs to be here and it will in time!)

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

What I thought was such a disgrace (pesticides guidelines and bans in WA AND COLOARDO ) for everyone and exp for the small grower for wants clean meds and needs to know proper guidelines our government (Colorado rec ) making a full black list ( and reasons why ) and accepted list pesticides/fungicides alternatives that aren’t harmful (flower sprayed and minutes safe entry
)

I just noticed they wanted to go ape shit over greencure ( but accepts pre-scooped one ,meaning. They added water , wow... and stupid shit but not the obvious shit (avid,floramite,eagle20e, etc nasty stuff that’s systematic and people are using it indoors and spraying it all over their house or themselves or risking their costumers /patients without realizing theirs so many other alternatives )

you can’t expect these lobbyist fucks who all they want is their 20-30% taxes and put rest of us in jail and look like shit ( micro growing needs to be here and it will in time!)
Did you just have a seizure when your hands were on the keyboard? I've tried reading your post several times and it doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but I'm kind of a moron.

Who or what is 'going ape shit over greencure'? Are you saying some regulatory body is saying potassium and/or sodium bicarbonate is dangerous? Are you sure on that?

What's micro growing?

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Micro Growing, like what most of us on the farm do. I assume. Like a small family farm that sells to his neighbor and wouldn't want to poison said neighbor.

Bustedbean

Bustedbean

We had an issue with this pesticide testing on the rec I worked in Washington. We and I know for a fact never used ANY pesticides at all. Need oil and peroxide only and all organic ferts. One strain. Was tested off the shelf of a store and a pesticide was found in trace amounts .0002 ppb parts per billion. The trace was found to be a pesticide used in wheat farming.

Well it turns out the wheat farmers spray it on their crops every year. Using spray trucks as well as from the air. When we talked to the local government and voiced concerns we where told tough sh.....

Yes there are bad farmers out there using Eagle 20 and other poisons for there money grab crops. Some others unfortunately get the literal blowback from our commercialized food industry. Sorry for the rambling but I think testing for pesticides and stopping those from using it on our medicine is important.

dre8791

dre8791

I read a Washington state study on contaminants in concentrated cannabis products from California. The results also make a statement on the safety of store or black market bought cannabis.

Around 70% of concentrates purchased in California had remaining solvents in the end product. Around 35% of the same concentrates had pesticides in the end product. Now even though the solvents don't affect the efficacy of purchased cannabis pesticides surely do.

Nothing like the satisfaction of growing and smoking your own cannabis.

Top Bottom