Another Repotting Question

• Thread starter dilligaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dilligaf

dilligaf

I have two forever flowering strains I want to do right...one is a 16 week strain the other is 20 weeks..on these I flower short clones only indoors. .I start clones in medicine cups..then 4 inch cups. Then I will go to 2 gallon..my question is at about halfway in flower can i transplant into 7 gallon pots to finish in..I use organic recycled soil with spikes and layers so all I do is water and occasionally a tea..thanks for any consideration

D

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

There is no way I would consider transplanting a flowering plant. IMHO (strain dependent of course) they grow best if you plant the clone in a 1 gallon pot and in 2 weeks or when the roots just start to touch the bottom ... move them to the size they will be in until harvest. Space is the only reason I would even use a 1 gallon ... plant in the final container if possible. Contrary to many other plants ... the roots do not like to be at all root bound. I think cannabis will become tuned in to the pot size. As soon as the roots touch the sides of the pot it starts changes in the plant. Which will affect the final size if left in that pot. When put in a bigger pot it takes off again. Potting up is fine. But for optimum growth plant the clone directly in the pot you plan to finish in. The next time you plant try one in a gallon and one in the smaller size to see what happens. Try a few and check out the roots.

dilligaf

dilligaf

Thanks for the replies. ..my black Forrest will go 16 weeks and I want to get ace seeds purple haze..it is 20 weeks. .I need to get bigger pots..im really not into the kush strains. .they are handy sometimes but I prefer something to motivate me...if you look up procrastinate you should see my picture ..lol..thank you again

D

Top Bottom