ANOTHER THREAD DID I MISSED UP LOL (CANNA COOKING OIL)

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I tried to make the canna oil last night with pure corn oil had about 2 lbs of wet material after my bubble hash run put it in a big sauce pan with 1000ml of corn oil and cooked under very low heat for 2 hours than strain and put in Tupperware but its been 2 days and it doesn't get hard the oil so I can seperate what did I do wrong thanks

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
only butter gets hard o_O....we simmer for a min of 4 hours normaly

ethnoman

ethnoman

What Jim said. Corn oil won't solidify at room temperature. Should still get you smashed regardless.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I thought it did if I put it on the fridge it would seperate I tried to follow someone's recipe on panther site he was using coconut oil but he stated we can use corn I guess i was wrong what really sucks is I used all my trim nothing left now how do I seperate the water that sits on the bottom and the oil that I can clearly see where it divides in the Tupperware thanks

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
the difference is, Coconut oil is stiff at room temp

You could seaprated the water from the oil,
But
If i were you I would just cook with it like it is...Bake a cake!

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

^^^exactly

most recipes call for both anyways right? just rock on

what temp does corn oil freeze/boil? can you separate them like that if needed be?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Ok guys I have an update on my cooking oil I tried to make last night some new canna oil with coconut oil I took a whole oz of some white OG kush grinded it put in my crock pot on low with some water and 14oz which is about 1 3/4 cup of coconut oil for 8 hours once it started with very little bubbles I put it on warm for a couple of hours in total it was 8 hour used a chesse cloth to strain in fact I double strain put it in the fridge and this afternoon it was hard.
I separated it and melted it and put it back in the coconut oil original jar I bought a red velvet cake mix which called for 1 1/4 cup water 3 eggs and 1/2 cup of the canna coconut oil than I took the cake out let it cool than I crumble it add frosting and made cake pops but the shit is that I eat one whole and it didn't do anything 2 hours later I ate another and nothing what the fuck did I do something wrong? Lol

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

At least you didn't fuck up like I did. 2 oz of sugar leaves in the crock pot w/ olive oil. Was supposed to be on Low for 30 min, then Warm for 8-10 hrs. Instead I left it on Low the whole 10 hrs. Burned to shit. Smelled awful like burnt popcorn & stunk up the house. Still tried a few drops of it & tasted like nasty burnt popcorn. I gotta toss this shit. LOL - Lesson learned.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

So what's the correct process how long on low and warm like I side I used nice cures buds no sugar leaves and next harvest I want to try again this time with sugar leaves or buds don't know it as the whole bud thing really fucken hurts lol could of smoke that shit instead of burning it good looking everyone

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ok guys I have an update on my cooking oil I tried to make last night some new canna oil with coconut oil I took a whole oz of some white OG kush grinded it put in my crock pot on low with some water and 14oz which is about 1 3/4 cup of coconut oil for 8 hours once it started with very little bubbles I put it on warm for a couple of hours in total it was 8 hour used a chesse cloth to strain in fact I double strain put it in the fridge and this afternoon it was hard.
I separated it and melted it and put it back in the coconut oil original jar I bought a red velvet cake mix which called for 1 1/4 cup water 3 eggs and 1/2 cup of the canna coconut oil than I took the cake out let it cool than I crumble it add frosting and made cake pops but the shit is that I eat one whole and it didn't do anything 2 hours later I ate another and nothing what the fuck did I do something wrong? Lol

That shoulda worked...Maybe you should add more canna to the canna oil you have left.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

That shoulda worked...Maybe you should add more canna to the canna oil you have left.

Thanks caregiverken my post was a little confusing what I meant is I out in 14oz of coconut oil and a full oz of bud not sugar leaves or shake or trim I was reading everywhere the ratio should be 1:1 1 gram of bud, trim or shake for 1 oz of oil. It would really suck if I would need more me and my wife don't smoke much we share a joint every evening, and really wanted to stop smoking it and start ingesting it but can't to make it seem to work

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
when Ive made Canna butter, I used a zip of Bubba Kush buds..3 or 4 sticks of butter
(that is 12 to 16 oz of butter)

And that comes out Strong.

So Im not sure whats up with your canna oil..:confused:

Blaze

Blaze

How you use it makes a big difference in potency and is often over looked. Baking anything above 300 will begin to vaporize the THC. If you for example make a cake that cooks at 400 for an hour you will loose a ton of potency. Recipes that call for a low cooking temp will preserve potency best. Also be sure to check how hot your crockpot gets, it is possible that it got over-heated when it was extracted, which again, will vaporize the THC.

Top Bottom