Another Yellow Leaf... Help

• Thread starter wahtoogee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wahtoogee

wahtoogee

Another yellow leaf   help Another yellow leaf   help 2 Another yellow leaf   help 3 Another yellow leaf   help 4 Another yellow leaf   help 5 Newbie (but of course!) Nirvana NL autoflower, oldest are 5 weeks, Mars 1200 LED, supplemental T5, 48*48*80" tent, ph always adjusted to 6.5, temps been very good at 75-79 degrees , humidity is running low since adding Phat 6" vent can/fan etc, down as low at 16% but more so around 20%, fan on slowest speed by my variable controller (I also have a cold air humidifier and a wet shamwow sitting in a tray to try to increase humidity) I am running lights on a 20/4 schedule, during the 4 hour lights out, the vent fan is also off and then humidity can run up to 55%, temp goes down to 70 or so (supplemental small temp. controlled heater) Using FF nutes, and supplemental GH Cal Mag, and Silica.. Just started a bit of Molasses. I did find a few bugs but sprayed with Spinosad, and Neem. Laid some diatomaceous earth on the top of the soil on the two oldest affected plants, yellow sticky card seems to have found only 1 flying tiny bug... so I don't think that is a real problem? In 3 gallon air pots and I'm now watering them from the bottom. I'm having a hard time getting the watering down, too wet, too dry!? Roots are coming out of the bottom of the air pots. Soil is FFOF~40%, Happy Frog~30%, extra Perlite and Coco round out.

I know this looks like Nitrogen deficiency???? I only see it on the fan leaves and it seems to be mobile but I have fed them a pretty potent nitrogen dose at least a few days ago, EC was around 2.5+ or so... ? WTH? HELP! Another yellow leaf   help 6 Another yellow leaf   help 7 I tried to get a better pic of one of the yellowing leaves and DID notice (again) some tiny black spots so I tried (!) to get a pic close-up (I have an iphone close up lens coming soon) through my 45X loupe... if that helps? That very white on a side leave is definitely diatomaceous earth, and might be the white you see in the close up?

Last edited:
Toaster79

Toaster79

You want that humidity in 40-50% range with lights on. Your plants always so droopy? You let that soil dry out between waterings/feedings? Seems to me like overwatering issue. That one yellow leaf isn't gonna affect anything. As the others are really dark green I don't think you're dealing with N-. Could use better pics to diagnose your problem. I'm almost certain that the petioles and veins on that yellow leaf are completely purple.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Overwatering is your culprit. Let the pots get really dry before watering again.
And it's just dirt on your leaves in my opinion.
You are doing well.
Best of luck.
Peace

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

I going to let these suckers dry out!!! I see they look droopy and want to water them. I have been trying to get a feel for when the pots get light, but obviously I haven't figured it out. I'm gonna fill up another pot with my soil mix (dry!) as a reference.

Thanks guys, makes me feel better.

I was getting all mixed up.. Too much water, not enough water, bugs, nitrogen.. Commie Plot!

indicabush

indicabush

I going to let these suckers dry out!!! I see they look droopy and want to water them. I have been trying to get a feel for when the pots get light, but obviously I haven't figured it out. I'm gonna fill up another pot with my soil mix (dry!) as a reference.

Thanks guys, makes me feel better.

I was getting all mixed up.. Too much water, not enough water, bugs, nitrogen.. Commie Plot!

It's all a part of learning it and will be easier on your next grow.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@wahtoogee -- you need to learn about vapor pressure deficit. It is the circulation system of the plant. If it is not functioning properly, then transpiration fails to move nutrients through the plant well. IIRC, you have very hot and dry conditions, and they *will* cause that yellowing, guaranteed. I see it every year outside when it gets hot during summer, in a lot of plants, not just cannabis. The answer is *not* to give more N, which is what the problem usually resembles, but to cool off the root zone, increase relative humidity and if possible, cool the plant off somehow. Watering more can often cause problems, so right now, just focus on getting your temps down and your RH UP.

Dunge

Dunge

Heft your pots.
You will quickly learn to 'feel' the water weight.

I'd be a bit concerned about wick watering. Wicking might not moisten the upper half of the bag.

And get that humidity up.

Nice tent. Should produce well for you.

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

Still not sure whats up from down! )(*&^%&$% I'm waiting for you guys to tell me what to do before doing anything right now with this plant!

Plant now looks like its ready to be fed? Correct? I did notice the very most top leaves are curling down and a bit closed. My Mars 1200 is 30" away from the very top of that plant top.. and I'm using the towel/tray to get humidity up. Now running about 75 degrees and humidity stays around 27 % but goes to 60 % during my 4 hour lights period.

So, should I just do a feed right now with straight water? Or with nutes? (Last feed was with nutrients) IMG 1977 IMG 1976 IMG 1975 IMG 1973 Just tested soil and ph is 6.0 with Distilled water that is now testing 6.2 or so cause its a few weeks old. I have never performed a FLUSH as I'm afraid of waterlogging it. As usual... HELP!!! Man, I feel totally confused, and I don't like that. There is a second plant in my tent of the same age that is showing the same symptoms, that's in one of the pics. The younger plants look great to me...

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

Dry... I setup a "testpot" with dry soil to compare it too. That plant is LIGHT.

Thanks for asking, I should have added that.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Then feed her with 1/2 strength until some runoff. Pour really slowly so the water/solution doesn't channel through the soil. Be patient. Then give them foliar couple times a day with pH'd water. Wait till they perk up.

Keep it green!

Are you using one of these?

2015 02 26 145857

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

No, I'm not using a water pitcher. I had been trying bottom feeding.. I'll get one! Tnx Toaster.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Don't thank me yet! ;) You need to get those plants in shape first!

Keep it green!

Y

YaBuddy321

View attachment 488893 View attachment 488894 View attachment 488895 View attachment 488896 View attachment 488897 Newbie (but of course!) Nirvana NL autoflower, oldest are 5 weeks, Mars 1200 LED, supplemental T5, 48*48*80" tent, ph always adjusted to 6.5, temps been very good at 75-79 degrees , humidity is running low since adding Phat 6" vent can/fan etc, down as low at 16% but more so around 20%, fan on slowest speed by my variable controller (I also have a cold air humidifier and a wet shamwow sitting in a tray to try to increase humidity) I am running lights on a 20/4 schedule, during the 4 hour lights out, the vent fan is also off and then humidity can run up to 55%, temp goes down to 70 or so (supplemental small temp. controlled heater) Using FF nutes, and supplemental GH Cal Mag, and Silica.. Just started a bit of Molasses. I did find a few bugs but sprayed with Spinosad, and Neem. Laid some diatomaceous earth on the top of the soil on the two oldest affected plants, yellow sticky card seems to have found only 1 flying tiny bug... so I don't think that is a real problem? In 3 gallon air pots and I'm now watering them from the bottom. I'm having a hard time getting the watering down, too wet, too dry!? Roots are coming out of the bottom of the air pots. Soil is FFOF~40%, Happy Frog~30%, extra Perlite and Coco round out.

I know this looks like Nitrogen deficiency???? I only see it on the fan leaves and it seems to be mobile but I have fed them a pretty potent nitrogen dose at least a few days ago, EC was around 2.5+ or so... ? WTH? HELP! View attachment 488918 View attachment 488919 I tried to get a better pic of one of the yellowing leaves and DID notice (again) some tiny black spots so I tried (!) to get a pic close-up (I have an iphone close up lens coming soon) through my 45X loupe... if that helps? That very white on a side leave is definitely diatomaceous earth, and might be the white you see in the close up?
Hey bother did you ever figure this one out. I'm in the same boat getting all types of random answers. If you dixed this please share. Thanks!

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

I think the final answer was (and this is especially true in autoflowers) it was just towards the end of plants life, it was just "dying off" eating up all the fan leafs energy towards the buds.

I'm totally hydro now and if I do a proper flush... In the last two weeks the leafs will turn yellow... Its a good sign! Plant using its energy to feed the buds..

Just make sure your PH is correct, very important.

Y

YaBuddy321

I think the final answer was (and this is especially true in autoflowers) it was just towards the end of plants life, it was just "dying off" eating up all the fan leafs energy towards the buds.

I'm totally hydro now and if I do a proper flush... In the last two weeks the leafs will turn yellow... Its a good sign! Plant using its energy to feed the buds..

Just make sure your PH is correct, very important.
Thanks man I was in organic soil and people were saying ph is fine not adjusting with RO water but since then I have been PHing the water. So none of the issues are in veg? That's where all my problems are flower is looking ok. Thanks again

Top Bottom