• Thread starter AnselAdams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Update:

Time for an "awe shit"

One of the two bean sprouts (the most healthy one) up and friggin died inside of 24 hours and nothing changed but time. Sounds like bad genes (a wise-ass stmt not a professional one).

The first three photos were what greeted me when i opened the cabinet doors this afternoon. Plants were fine when i check in on them at 5am. So this crash happened quickly.

The last two photos were taken about the same time yesterday.

Dropped two more beans. NOT 4 like i did last time ... lol

Life sucks, then you drop more beans, have a smoke and keep on truckin'
😎

🍻

20200107 175702
20200107 175712
20200107 175723
20200106 182419
20200106 182428
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Damn bro that sucks :( . Did she dry out or just bad genetics? Fortunatly she didnt go that far so you wont loose that many days but still

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Update:

Time for an "awe shit"

One of the two bean sprouts (the most healthy one) up and friggin died inside of 24 hours and nothing changed but time. Sounds like bad genes (a wise-ass stmt not a professional one).

The first three photos were what greeted me when i opened the cabinet doors this afternoon. Plants were fine when i check in on them at 5am. So this crash happened quickly.

The last two photos were taken about the same time yesterday.

Dropped two more beans. NOT 4 like i did last time ... lol

Life sucks, then you drop more beans, have a smoke and keep on truckin' View attachment 927859😎

🍻

Bummer man. That always sucks. I see that brown in the middle on one and white flecks on them too. Is it mold? Do you have high humidity? Looks environmental to me. I got PM on all my clones rooting in a dome tray this year. I trashed everything and started over. Lost all my clones i was working.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Bummer man. That always sucks. I see that brown in the middle on one and white flecks on them too. Is it mold? Do you have high humidity? Looks environmental to me. I got PM on all my clones rooting in a dome tray this year. I trashed everything and started over. Lost all my clones i was working.

I don't think so., but anything is possible. Here are the stats for the last 48 hours. Max RH seems to be 43.8%

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
She's got legs.... well a leg anyway 😃 🤗

yes, i know it is crappy root photo, but i did not want to disturb it in any way until i am ready to put it into the 3" net pot (need a lot more feet).

This is the survivor of the first pair. I think i know what happened to the other one. I bumped the rack the container was on and upset the container. when i caught it i touched the stem with my bare hands (i don't think that was a good idea). The other plant was not touched. I don't know for sure that's why it croaked, but it makes sense. The thought was prompted by a posting that mentioned not touching the seedling with the bare hands due to the introduction of "bugs" that will then thrive and grow in the humid atmosphere and the "sun light".

I smell death.... 💀

Part of my protocol now includes "gloving up" before doing anything with the plants; especially when they are young. ☹ Lesson learned.... Time for a dab.

Neither of the other two beans have cleared the surface of the RW.

20200110 113424
20200110 113351
20200110 1133541
20200110 113442
20200110 113501
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Your temps are a little high for such low humidity. Seedlings like it warm and humid. But I still prefer a little cooler, like 76-78f and RH around 65%. And touching them isnt usually instant death, but wearing gloves is an excellent idea. An ounce of prevention...

Next time after soaking the rockwool, really try to get a lot of the water out by shaking it around. The seedings are really susceptible to things like damping off disease in wet and warm environments and roots will grow more quickly In a less saturated environment. Removing a lot of water first and getting a lot of air into the wool will improve things.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Your temps are a little high for such low humidity. Seedlings like it warm and humid. But I still prefer a little cooler, like 76-78f and RH around 65%. And touching them isnt usually instant death, but wearing gloves is an excellent idea. An ounce of prevention...

Next time after soaking the rockwool, really try to get a lot of the water out by shaking it around. The seedings are really susceptible to things like damping off disease in wet and warm environments and roots will grow more quickly In a less saturated environment. Removing a lot of water first and getting a lot of air into the wool will improve things.

Got it! a good shake or two before inserting the seed. Now part of my protocol..... if i can remember. 🍻

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
The survivor has been moved into the grow cabinet a week now and growth is looking good. Still only turning on the blupuples for a few hours a day (4 or less). The T5's run all the time.

Of the second set of beans dropped; only one seems viable. We'll see.

20200117 162735
20200117 1627471
20200117 162747
20200117 162809
chemistry

chemistry

I don't rate rockwool cubes for seeds, I've had rubbish results with them, the best for cuttings though, so moved onto Rapid Rooters, 50/50 with the rockwool, 90% germ rate with the rooters, I can live with the lost 10%. lol And the rooters are as clean as the rockwool cubes for DWC. 👍

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I don't rate rockwool cubes for seeds, I've had rubbish results with them, the best for cuttings though, so moved onto Rapid Rooters, 50/50 with the rockwool, 90% germ rate with the rooters, I can live with the lost 10%. lol And the rooters are as clean as the rockwool cubes for DWC. 👍

After reading DB's trials & tribulations thread i think it may be time to move on from RW as well. Seemed like a logical place to start but i now need to look at that as my next hurdle.

Thanks guys.. is there a brand that is better or has more success than others? 🍻 😎

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Rapid rooters or root riots. I use rapid rooters. If you use them though it's best to get trays that hold the rooter so the roots can get a bit developed and dont instantly air prune before transplanting into the hydroton.

Latest posts

Top Bottom