Ants? Heat? Nothing?

• Thread starter Jabsaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jabsaw

Jabsaw

They share the same earth crawling on the plant. Then this little red critter... Plants look ok up top I think. Gave dosing of malted barley Monday watered every day at 5 gallons. Temps been in upper 80'S low 90'S only water no nutrients. Just a quasi coots mix. Not sure if it's something or nothing. Thanks.

Ants heat nothing
Ants heat nothing 2
Ants heat nothing 3
Ants heat nothing 4
Ants heat nothing 5
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
That little red critter looks kinda like a “sucker” also ants know about hearding, they find suckers move them to a plant and feed off the nectar it provides after sucking the life out of the plant. I hate to hurt them but there are ways to repel them. Still your call.

Jabsaw

Jabsaw

Wow was hoping the little red critter was a helpful little bugger.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Wow was hoping the little red critter was a helpful little bugger.
I am not sure about it being a sucker but it looks like it to me.

sixstring

sixstring

If there's ants on your plant it means you probably have a few bugs on it and they are farming those bugs.sometimes when it's very dry they will come for the water, even the water the plant makes by transpiration.

Jabsaw

Jabsaw

Ok clover mite it is.
If there's ants on your plant it means you probably have a few bugs on it and they are farming those bugs.sometimes when it's very dry they will come for the water, even the water the plant makes by transpiration.

Well it has been dry as heck. These plants are an oasis in an otherwise drought stricken land. I like most new parents have an abundance of concerns. I'm wearing out the search function. Haven't found much on ants and little red devils crawling about the plants. Some reads, ants farm root aphids, and without the experience, I'm leaning on the farm. I'm running Caps full line of Bennies once a week. I planned on hitting the big one with nutes tonight. Just getting some experienced opinions.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Yes ants do farm root aphids so it's absolutely possible you have them. If your using caps stuff you should be ok, I've had nice success combating root aphids with it.

Top Bottom