Antsy to taste test the buds!!!

• Thread starter Thumbuddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Anyone thrown a few buds in a dehydrator to get a taste test? Pretty sure I'm not the first or last one to ever consider it.
Just wondering if it was worth trying or just sit it out and let them dry naturally

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
It won't be anywhere near as good as proper dried and cured but I think everybody has done it at least once

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I do it almost every grow. I dry mine on the lowest heat setting for a couple days. Take them out and put them in a jar for a day or two until the outside leaves moisten back up and then back in the dehydrator for another day and then it's ready to test.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

It won't be anywhere near as good as proper dried and cured but I think everybody has done it at least once
I beg to differ, I think the dehydrator bud tastes better out of the vaporizer than properly cured bud.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Yeah,kinda thought everyone gets a bit antsy for a taste. Well,we will see.
They're sticky and stinky so hopefully they taste as good.
20210317 223224

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I take advanced tastes in almost every grow. I usually let it dry naturally, but a food dehydrator works.

When you take an advanced taste, say, "Holy fuck!" and then harvest 2 weeks later, it really is Holy Fuck.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I take advanced tastes in almost every grow. I usually let it dry naturally, but a food dehydrator works.

When you take an advanced taste, say, "Holy fuck!" and then harvest 2 weeks later, it really is Holy Fuck.
Any problems with residual tastes or smells left in the dehydrator? Pretty sure the wife would be pissed if her trail mix etc tasted like weed.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Just for the record. This is my first grow indoors and haven't had much experience in the cultivation end.
Pretty much the only thing I've ever grown successfully were the dandelions that show up every year in my yard.
From the looks of the bud I have pictured...how's that looking? Plants overall are smaller but healthy looking. One has larger buds and colas and other 4 are all smaller buds. Probably half the size. Any suggestions?
I'm into 5th week on flower and no frickin clue what I'm doing other than winging it with advice from others. Anything that will help fatten buds or is a waiting game now?I'm using fox farm tiger bloom at this point

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Any problems with residual tastes or smells left in the dehydrator? Pretty sure the wife would be pissed if her trail mix etc tasted like weed.
Now that you mention it, my beef jerky now tastes like a skunk's ass.

Actually, I haven't used it for food in a while (or drying weed, for that matter).

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I usually hold out till they've been drying a few days atleast but that's just me lol

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I usually hold out till they've been drying a few days atleast but that's just me lol
Yeah,I probably would but this was from a branch that was broken off last night. I'm a good 3 wks out from harvest atleast but thought maybe I'd get a preview of what's to come.
It's all new to me

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
5 weeks from finish, smoke it anyways but I don't think there will be any getting high from it that early. Not enough thc. Yet. If it's your first growing experience maybe let it dry naturally to get a sense of how much weight and size you loose during the drying.

Just so you know what to expect, my first time we'll i was alaround disappointed because I had known so little.

When I was a kid we saw dollar signs that's it. Lol

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

5 weeks from finish, smoke it anyways but I don't think there will be any getting high from it that early. Not enough thc. Yet. If it's your first growing experience maybe let it dry naturally to get a sense of how much weight and size you loose during the drying.

Just so you know what to expect, my first time we'll i was alaround disappointed because I had known so little.

When I was a kid we saw dollar signs that's it. Lol
Nah,I'm 3 wks or so from finish or I wouldn't bother trying it even. Damn thing just looked too frosty to toss it away. It's from a broken branch

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Oh I musta miss read I woulda smoked it myself too lol or maybe threw in my jar for extraction. It looked good should be nice harvest for ya

Latest posts

Top Bottom