Any Advice Appreciated!

• Thread starter Mr.growz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Hello, so I'm getting back in to growing again thanks to our new state laws. I previously did two indoor grows once with soil and the second time hydro. When I did hydro I had two methods a bucket system with a perlite, earthworm casting mix and another setup with Rockwood cubes with a slab. My hydro had great results. My Soil grow was so so due to many newb errors.
Now after 19 years I'm giving it another go and got these from a local dispensary.# 1 is sour diesel. This clone I got as a teen 2 weeks ago it was roughly almost 3ft tall and was misshapen all over the place so I used a tomato cage to try and level out the growth. I TOPPED IT AND FLOWER HAIRS STARTED COMING OUT.
#2 is a gmo cookies which I got about 3-4 weeks ago. Now I made a few mistakes already I believe with this one first I planted it in soil in decent potting soil and change my mind 9 days in to going with coco.. after a few short days of shock I started trying the Lst method nugbuckets had posted. I topped first as symmetry was off 3 days later I started tying down and lollipoped it. It seemed not to do much in 8 days though now it's seems to starting to take off.
#3 is a 4g and I did the same as #2.
#4 is venom og and I did all listed above except lollipop it.
#5 is alien og and I did the same as the 4g lst, topped and no lolipoppin. It looks like a little bush and isn't doing well with l.s.t, at least it doesn't seem like it.
#6 is GG and I did the same techniques as alien and venom.
Now I'm using general hydroponic nutes flora grow, bloom,micro, cal mag and ph up and down.Aditional I use Earth juices catalyst 0.03-0.01-0.10. I water with nutes twice then use plain water and water twice daily(switching back and forth with this regiment). My medium is coco perlite and earthworm castings. I move the plants twice a day for light exposure they probably get 8.5 direct light and 6.5 of indirect.
I haven't ph'd the medium which I plan to do this week. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Also I'm in the SF bay area Ca. And the temps have been perfect 70-82 degrees. Pics #1&2 SD,# 3 alien OG, #4 GG #5 Gmo cookies #6 Venom OG #7 4G.

Any advice appreciated
Any advice appreciated 2
Any advice appreciated 3
Any advice appreciated 4
Any advice appreciated 5
Any advice appreciated 6
Any advice appreciated 7
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Looks fine at a glance. Pistils are a sign of maturity most of the times no biggie imo. There is a thing called apical dominance (Plant puts most of its energy to the branch that stands above all other and getting the most sunlight) which you are trying to break with lst. The way to do it is to bend taller branches and get them lower than your shorter branches.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Looks fine at a glance. Pistils are a sign of maturity most of the times no biggie imo. There is a thing called apical dominance (Plant puts most of its energy to the branch that stands above all other and getting the most sunlight) which you are trying to break with lst. The way to do it is to bend taller branches and get them lower than your shorter branches.
Thanks for your response yeah LST is something new to me but through research I like the results I've seen. I'm gonna try and keep the taller branches as low as the lowerbranches should I try and put them lower than the lowerbranch height?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Thanks for your response yeah LST is something new to me but through research I like the results I've seen. I'm gonna try and keep the taller branches as low as the lowerbranches should I try and put them lower than the lowerbranch height?
Thats what i do. Then when the other one gets tall enough (about the same length as the tall branch) i bend it to match the first one and let side shoots grow taller then lower them to the same height. In the end you will have an even canopy.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Thats what i do. Then when the other one gets tall enough (about the same length as the tall branch) i bend it to match the first one and let side shoots grow taller then lower them to the same height. In the end you will have an even canopy.
Thanks for the info. Do you LST through out flowering?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Thanks for the info. Do you LST through out flowering?
I haven’t really needed to mess with my plants late in flowering after i create a good and even canopy in veg. But if you have to, its perfectly fine to lst and supercrop in flowering. Earlier the better. I haven’t personally supercrop after 2nd week of flowering, lst is always good tho, i tied my dinachem lately at the 3rd week of flowering, it straightened itself in 3 days, in veg it would have been faster.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

I haven’t really needed to mess with my plants late in flowering after i create a good and even canopy in veg. But if you have to, its perfectly fine to lst and supercrop in flowering earlier the better and i haven’t personally supercrop after 2 week of flowering, lst is always good tho, i tied my dinachem lately at the 3rd week of flowering, it straightened itself in 3 days, in veg it would have been faster.
Are any of your buds tied up after the 3rd week of flowering?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Some plants hold the shape you have given them others go back to its original shape ime. At my current grow i tied my nl only in veg and it never lost its shape while dinachem lost it so i tied it down again and it will stay like that till harvest day probably.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Some plants hold the shape you have given them others go back to its original shape ime. At my current grow i tied my nl only in veg and it never lost its shape while dinachem lost it so i tied it down again and it will stay like that till harvest day probably.
Good info! Thanks for the tips.

S

Slothh760

Hello, so I'm getting back in to growing again thanks to our new state laws. I previously did two indoor grows once with soil and the second time hydro. When I did hydro I had two methods a bucket system with a perlite, earthworm casting mix and another setup with Rockwood cubes with a slab. My hydro had great results. My Soil grow was so so due to many newb errors.
Now after 19 years I'm giving it another go and got these from a local dispensary.# 1 is sour diesel. This clone I got as a teen 2 weeks ago it was roughly almost 3ft tall and was misshapen all over the place so I used a tomato cage to try and level out the growth. I TOPPED IT AND FLOWER HAIRS STARTED COMING OUT.
#2 is a gmo cookies which I got about 3-4 weeks ago. Now I made a few mistakes already I believe with this one first I planted it in soil in decent potting soil and change my mind 9 days in to going with coco.. after a few short days of shock I started trying the Lst method nugbuckets had posted. I topped first as symmetry was off 3 days later I started tying down and lollipoped it. It seemed not to do much in 8 days though now it's seems to starting to take off.
#3 is a 4g and I did the same as #2.
#4 is venom og and I did all listed above except lollipop it.
#5 is alien og and I did the same as the 4g lst, topped and no lolipoppin. It looks like a little bush and isn't doing well with l.s.t, at least it doesn't seem like it.
#6 is GG and I did the same techniques as alien and venom.
Now I'm using general hydroponic nutes flora grow, bloom,micro, cal mag and ph up and down.Aditional I use Earth juices catalyst 0.03-0.01-0.10. I water with nutes twice then use plain water and water twice daily(switching back and forth with this regiment). My medium is coco perlite and earthworm castings. I move the plants twice a day for light exposure they probably get 8.5 direct light and 6.5 of indirect.
I haven't ph'd the medium which I plan to do this week. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Also I'm in the SF bay area Ca. And the temps have been perfect 70-82 degrees. Pics #1&2 SD,# 3 alien OG, #4 GG #5 Gmo cookies #6 Venom OG #7 4G.
Looks good brotha
They look like they could use some source of nitrogen and maybe a little calmag def start feeding more worm castings or even a little fish emulsion

Also one solid source of calmag and other nutrients i use is coconut water.
Work your way up to a 1/2 cup / gallon of water and i promise you your plants will thank you for it later.

For your outdoor conditions your plant will def prosper just make sure you dont overwater

Latest posts

Top Bottom