ANY ADVICE! NEW GROWER! FINAL LST

• Thread starter Aubz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aubz

Aubz

This is my first grow!

I have 4 Pink Kush Clones that have been planted with living soil into 5G fabric pots.

I have utilized a lot of LST, topping & pruning with these plants to increase the yield during the flowering stage as much as I can.

It receives 6.5 ph water every few days or so (usually when the pots feel light)

I have been using Bluesky Organic growing kit for nutrients, and honestly I think they are greaT

I spray an insecticidal soap every 3-4 days during low light.

I feel as if I should let them bush out, they now look as if they are entering flowering stage.

Please let me know what you think, anything else I can do to better my grow.
Best,
Aubz

Any advice new grower final lst
Any advice new grower final lst 2
Any advice new grower final lst 3
Any advice new grower final lst 4
Any advice new grower final lst 5
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

The time to let a plant Bush out is during the veg period not the flowering period. All lst will do at this point is bend the branches.

WankirA

WankirA

Get the canopy as flat as you can, bend & tie down those top colas as much as poss to make all colas even...
Only way to help is to make the plant receive same light levels else your top is nice, but rest is limited cause further away from light source.

Aubz

Aubz

@WankirA @Greatlakes

You both have conflicting answers!
What should I do lol ?

WankirA

WankirA

OK.
1st they are not autos so will only enter flower stage when you change light schedule.
2nd what @Greatlakes says is true: VEG (the stage your in now) is when to let the shape develop (bush out)
3rd what I said still stands, namely: Get that canopy flat!!!
You wanted ideas to help, there you have it.
Keep the light hours long (16+) until you do get that canopy flat. And once your happy, then drop light hours to 12<. Because any unevenness is magnified when flip, so your main will be (say) 18 inches away while the lower part will be over 20+ . That's not ideal for a more uniform quality and increased yield.

But no conflicts.
GL

WankirA

WankirA

Although I just realise you maybe growing outside. In which case see the first comment as mine is dependant on light control.
😉

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

It's not conflicting answers. When you are in veg and you lst to Bush it out...the purpose to doing so is to create more tops. As I see in your first photo you are already starting to flower. So veg is done and now all you can do is bend the branches for more air and more light penetration.

Early in veg is the time to bend bend bend to let the plants get bushy and make tons of top colas...here is an example is mine. I hard core train my plants. However since mine are starting to flower as well I stopped training them because now it's time to kick back and watch the buds grow.

Screenshot 20200808 103323 Gallery
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Although I just realise you maybe growing outside. In which case see the first comment as mine is dependant on light control.
😉
No I agree with that. A good canopy is good for outdoors as well. Just doesn't need to be AS flat as you would indoors like with a scrog set up.

Aubz

Aubz

No I agree with that. A good canopy is good for outdoors as well. Just doesn't need to be AS flat as you would indoors like with a scrog set up.

Thanks guys!
A lot of great help!
I’m going to do a pruning today on the lower stems to get rid of all those energy suckers!

Do you think I should just undue the LST? because all the branches I bent are as tall as the main stem but not as sturdy.

I feel like I should undue a couple and let them do their thing.

Top Bottom