Any advice on getting a de-humidifier?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I have a sealed in grow room that is 135ft2 . This has everything. Clones, veg and flower in the one room.
I need a dehumidifier for this area. Only problem is I'm sure I don't have many amps left.

So first off I am looking at getting a good dehumidifier (reputable company) and one that is made for a room that is a little bigger (lots of humidity in here compared to normal houses)then mine. Also it has to be very efficient and require as little amps as possible.

I'm lost in this area so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G Star

G Star

For a room that size you will definitely need a dehumidifier...anything under 70 pints/day will be a waste of time

You're looking at about a 9 amp draw, but only when it's actively running (it will cycle on and off)

I have always had luck with Soleus Air and Kenmore...although if you can afford it I would get a commercial unit

sky_blue

sky_blue

Soleus has one on Amzn, it's 70-pint w/a lot of great features (hose out, digital thermostat, efficient power usage,etc.) for $230. Good to go.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Dehueys really suck the amps! How many free amps do you have? If your concerned already i would be very surprised if you had 9 extra amps laying around. Tell us more about the electricty... Size of the panel size and number of circuits you are running. Find the amp rating on everything you use and lets see a list... we can figure this out forsure!!

Element

Element

My flower room is 260 sqft and we have a 180 pint that keeps it where i want it night and day. So I would aim for the closet you can get to 90-100 pints, without flipping your box. I wont recommend the brand that I have though, its been leaking since week 3 and theres no way to get it out or fix it until crop.
element

treebark1950

treebark1950

Yea I go over kill but I currently run these low amp drawing dehuys:

Santa Fe Max Dry (155pints per day) and the Hi-E Dry 100 (105 pints per day)...

Both draw less then 7 amps and the Hi Dry Has a built in condensate pump.

They are both very efficient and don't have to run long to achieve desired RH levels.

I like both equally depending on where you will place the unit.

The Max dry can be ducted and placed out of the room.

The HiDry is tall and skinny and has castors...

Both are 2 grand...

pugliese63

pugliese63

Yea I go over kill but I currently run these low amp drawing dehuys:

Santa Fe Max Dry (155pints per day) and the Hi-E Dry 100 (105 pints per day)...

Both draw less then 7 amps and the Hi Dry Has a built in condensate pump.

They are both very efficient and don't have to run long to achieve desired RH levels.

I like both equally depending on where you will place the unit.

The Max dry can be ducted and placed out of the room.

The HiDry is tall and skinny and has castors...

Both are 2 grand...

The Santa Fe Max Dry will be my next purchase. After much research and reading these appear to be the best on the market for performance, efficiency and build quality. Yes, they are more expensive but well worth it based on what I've gathered. Love the fact the Max Dry can be placed outside the room and will bring the RH levels down fast.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Does anyone know if you could take one santa fe maxdry and hook it up to two rooms if your RH was relatively controllable to start with?

joehank

joehank

I just found a 3 year old Santa Fe Compact in the classifieds. It is the 70 pint model. Asking 500 for it. Think its worth it?

treebark1950

treebark1950

Does anyone know if you could take one santa fe maxdry and hook it up to two rooms if your RH was relatively controllable to start with?

Could it be done, yes. Is it practical, not really. It would be like doing zone controls, lots of ducting and dampeners for a big A/C system and you would need a way to boost the air movement as the Max Dry wouldn't have enough CFM to support both rooms...

The Max Dry kicks ass, but I also like the Hi Dry just as much! I love both...

I just found a 3 year old Santa Fe Compact in the classifieds. It is the 70 pint model. Asking 500 for it. Think its worth it?

I'm not a big fan of used dehuy's, you never know how much time is on them or what environment they have been in. I had the option to pick up some used HiDry's for $650 each or 1900 for a new ones and I chose the new ones...

Buy cheap buy twice...

pugliese63

pugliese63

Could it be done, yes. Is it practical, not really. It would be like doing zone controls, lots of ducting and dampeners for a big A/C system and you would need a way to boost the air movement as the Max Dry wouldn't have enough CFM to support both rooms...

The Max Dry kicks ass, but I also like the Hi Dry just as much! I love both...

I'm not a big fan of used dehuy's, you never know how much time is on them or what environment they have been in. I had the option to pick up some used HiDry's for $650 each or 1900 for a new ones and I chose the new ones...

Buy cheap buy twice...

Buy cheap buy twice.... I've done this too many times. I'm done with off the shelf equipment from the home centers or dept stores. You have to have professional, commercial grade equipment if you want professional results and longevity.

Top Bottom