Any advice on lowering temps in a dry tent without an air conditioner?

• Thread starter ..HIGHLYxLYFETD..
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Hey yall I just setup a dry tent and about to chop my ladies tomorrow, but having trouble getting it to 60 degrees. It's a 2x2x4 foot tent, have 4 inch vivosun extraction fan, and a 6 inch adjustable fan inside. Have a humidifier to keep around 60%, but it doesn't wanna go below 70 degrees...

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey yall I just setup a dry tent and about to chop my ladies tomorrow, but having trouble getting it to 60 degrees. It's a 2x2x4 foot tent, have 4 inch vivosun extraction fan, and a 6 inch adjustable fan inside. Have a humidifier to keep around 60%, but it doesn't wanna go below 70 degrees...
You can dry at 70 F. For drying purpose, the temp should be between 60F and 70F. Also, RH should be between 40% and 50% during the initial first couple days drying. 60% comes a bit later in the drying cycle and when you start the cure. Dry and cure should be looked at as a 2 step process with different parameters.

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

You can dry at 70 F. For drying purpose, the temp should be between 60F and 70F. Also, RH should be between 40% and 50% during the initial first couple days drying. 60% comes a bit later in the drying cycle and when you start the cure. Dry and cure should be looked at as a 2 step process with different parameters.
Thank you

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thank you
Back to your original question ... lowering the drying temperature. For the cure with RH in the 60% ballpark, under 70F and above 60F with 65F being about ideal. The curing process involves microbial activity. Too dry or too cold and it slows it down and possibly even stops it.

To be more help, we need to know what you have to work with. What kind of climate you're in and so on. Do you have a basement? This time of year for me is easy because its cold outside and my basement has areas that are pretty close to ideal.

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Back to your original question ... lowering the drying temperature. For the cure with RH in the 60% ballpark, under 70F and above 60F with 65F being about ideal. The curing process involves microbial activity. Too dry or too cold and it slows it down and possibly even stops it.

To be more help, we need to know what you have to work with. What kind of climate you're in and so on. Do you have a basement? This time of year for me is easy because its cold outside and my basement has areas that are pretty close to ideal.
I live in cape cod, MA. Right now as we speak it's 38° AND 60% rh...u have a 2x2 grow tent to dry in, a 6 inch fan inside, and a 4 inch vivosun inline fan in using as extraction fan. Also have a humidifier, because rn without a humidifier is 29% humidifier had 3 settings. On low it keeps my 4x4 at almost 50%.. so should have no problem in a 2x2. It's been relatively high humidity here for winter. Past week been 70-80% sometimes upper 90% but that's when I need a dehumidifier in my 4x4

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I live in cape cod, MA. Right now as we speak it's 38° AND 60% rh...u have a 2x2 grow tent to dry in, a 6 inch fan inside, and a 4 inch vivosun inline fan in using as extraction fan. Also have a humidifier, because rn without a humidifier is 29% humidifier had 3 settings. On low it keeps my 4x4 at almost 50%.. so should have no problem in a 2x2. It's been relatively high humidity here for winter. Past week been 70-80% sometimes upper 90% but that's when I need a dehumidifier in my 4x4
I'd look at adding a humidity controller and plug your exhaust fan into it. Drying plants will raise the humidity in such a small area. After a few days, your humidity should become more stable. I'm hesitant to suggest using a humidifier inside a tent. It seems it could cause more harm than good. I'd be more inclined to condition the air of the room where the drying tent is at and then have your ventilation system draw in that conditioned air.

Some of us here on the Farm are looking into turning a wine cooler into a drying appliance. This is completely DIY for me at this stage. I have not attempted to dry anything in it yet. I'm likely going to need to upgrade the tiny thermo-electric dehuey I have in there to something more powerful. I've got my eye on one that has dual Peltier modules and will likely make that upgrade within the next couple of weeks.

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

I'd look at adding a humidity controller and plug your exhaust fan into it. Drying plants will raise the humidity in such a small area. After a few days, your humidity should become more stable. I'm hesitant to suggest using a humidifier inside a tent. It seems it could cause more harm than good. I'd be more inclined to condition the air of the room where the drying tent is at and then have your ventilation system draw in that conditioned air.

Some of us here on the Farm are looking into turning a wine cooler into a drying appliance. This is completely DIY for me at this stage. I have not attempted to dry anything in it yet. I'm likely going to need to upgrade the tiny thermo-electric dehuey I have in there to something more powerful. I've got my eye on one that has dual Peltier modules and will likely make that upgrade within the next couple of weeks.
I'm interested in how that comes out. Def lmk if it works well. Ty

Top Bottom