DirtyMitten

DirtyMitten

Strain: Strawberry Ice
Nutrients: GH Flora Duo A&B Line
Week 4 Flower
Co2 is constant 1200 ppm
Temp- 65-75f
Lights- 4 plants to 1000 watt hps

This is only a big problem with a hand full of plants but almost all have small signs of the deficiency. I feel like it's a calmag problem but I have no idea.

Any advise on this deficiency
Any advise on this deficiency 2
Any advise on this deficiency 3
Any advise on this deficiency 4
Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Strain: Strawberry Ice
Nutrients: GH Flora Duo A&B Line
Week 4 Flower
Co2 is constant 1200 ppm
Temp- 65-75f
Lights- 4 plants to 1000 watt hps

This is only a big problem with a hand full of plants but almost all have small signs of the deficiency. I feel like it's a calmag problem but I have no idea.

variegation could be strain wise, could be cal mag but normally some brown dots on leaves maybe early deficiency. could be bugs on your roots and starting to show . id probably add a little extra cal to ur feeding if that doesnt help then its hereditary or a problem plus add lots of microbes to make sure not a lock up (clean soil . bought all i can suggest from photos other than check ph going in and out (drainage) ph soil ect . cheers

DirtyMitten

DirtyMitten

S
variegation could be strain wise, could be cal mag but normally some brown dots on leaves maybe early deficiency. could be bugs on your roots and starting to show . id probably add a little extra cal to ur feeding if that doesnt help then its hereditary or a problem plus add lots of microbes to make sure not a lock up (clean soil . bought all i can suggest from photos other than check ph going in and out (drainage) ph soil ect . cheers
so I guess I left out some info. I'm using hydroton. Flood and drain every 4 hours for 45 min. It's in a flo n gro system. All of the buckets have their own air stones. Every plant started from seed. Just trying to figure this darn thing out. One week they are green and the next week this starts. Hope maybe that can give you some more info. Appreciate the help mate.

MeJuana

MeJuana

Looks like Boron deficiency but usually when I see micro deficiencies it is because the gardener is either not mixing the micros in first or not thoroughly stirring before adding the remaining nutrients. When I am already micro nutrient deficient I get a little crazy on making sure they don't fall out. Mix the Micros and the remaining nutrients into two different gallons of water so they are separate. Then pour them in at different ends of your reservoir and stir like mad.

Before you flood your table stir like mad again and of course make sure the pH didn't jump around. I don't actually use Flora Micro nor do I appreciate the ratios of combining them together. But if you replace Flora Micro with Botanicare Cal Mag Plus then I love the ratios you can achieve. It's that high Nitrogen in Flora Micro I am not fond of and it seems Advanced Nutrients is following along with their pH perfect. So likely I am wrong but Nitrogen and me have never been on great terms.. lol

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

Do you have normal light? Floro or cfl or any white light?

Alos more info about how you used to feed and if you had any previous issues with your nutes line during this grow maybe that would be helpfull?

Dont get panic and if you will feed with new regimen it will be wise to devide them to two groups and take two different approches...

((Example))

One groep take extra calmag

And one other group just mag

And one other group just flush and normal feed again.

If you got what I mean.

Reserva

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

hey amigo - you've got some crappy advice in your thread...your plants look fried not deficient, what is your EC at? overfeeding is easy in hydroton.

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

hey amigo - you've got some crappy advice in your thread...your plants look fried not deficient, what is your EC at? overfeeding is easy in hydroton.

Loool

I wouldnt say it so in that way not in a million years!

So I think that you are the kicking ass memeber staff, am I right or what :D?!!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Loool

I wouldnt say it so in that way not in a million years!

So I think that you are the kicking ass memeber staff, am I right or what :D?!!

crappy advice is crappy advice ~one guy says it's cal/mag and if its not cal/mag there's root bugs, one guy says boron from not adding a micro (even though it's a two part complete nutrient) one guy says maybe it's the lights and to feed two groups two different feeds to figure out which one works.

All of that is really, really bad advice considering that the real problem is overfeeding and every solution advises entirely adjusting the feed of a balanced fertilizer instead of scaling the ratio forward/back.

I'll bet money that the burned leaves are in areas where there is more light and more air movement (or even too much heat/air movement) - that's the first sign of overfeeding with salts - wherever there is lots of air movement (thus more water evaporation from the leaves, leading to higher ionic concentrations in the plant tissue) the leaves start to burn.

ken dog

ken dog

What's the pH?... I'd shoot for about 6.2 at this point.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
crappy advice is crappy advice ~one guy says it's cal/mag and if its not cal/mag there's root bugs, one guy says boron from not adding a micro (even though it's a two part complete nutrient) one guy says maybe it's the lights and to feed two groups two different feeds to figure out which one works.

All of that is really, really bad advice considering that the real problem is overfeeding and every solution advises entirely adjusting the feed of a balanced fertilizer instead of scaling the ratio forward/back.

I'll bet money that the burned leaves are in areas where there is more light and more air movement (or even too much heat/air movement) - that's the first sign of overfeeding with salts - wherever there is lots of air movement (thus more water evaporation from the leaves, leading to higher ionic concentrations in the plant tissue) the leaves start to burn.
And truth be known more times than not people are over feeding and over fert can and does mimic some deficiencies. So without realizing they are overfeeding they start trying to add more nutes and magical fixes which only makes a bad situation worse. Good advice @We Solidarity

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe try to get a pic of those plants with some better lighting so we can see a little better. But from what I can make out, I'm with the Solid one

ken dog

ken dog

Yep... I see a phosphorus lockout, which is why I recommended the pH of 6.2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom