Any canadians have tips for winter growing

• Thread starter 11Ron11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
11Ron11

11Ron11

Hi
Any canadians or people that live in cold climates that have experience growing in winter and would like to share tips on how to maintain temp and humidity.
I'm currently growing in the basement venting outside and my temp is 23c and 38% humidity thanks to Jbl613 a member of this site telling me to put a towel in my tent which raised my humidity.
I will be purchasing a humidifier but would like to see other outside the box ideas.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi
Any canadians or people that live in cold climates that have experience growing in winter and would like to share tips on how to maintain temp and humidity.
I'm currently growing in the basement venting outside and my temp is 23c and 38% humidity thanks to Jbl613 a member of this site telling me to put a towel in my tent which raised my humidity.
I will be purchasing a humidifier but would like to see other outside the box ideas.
You need to use RO water in a humidifier or keep buying new ones because they are impossible to clean properly if you use water with minerals in it. I buy mine at Value Village stores, $5 just make sure they are clean before you buy. If you need to add heat get a radiator type without a glowing element....

I'm down in Nova Scotia....we get winter and I'm in a blizzard with white out conditions as i write this.... my veg room with t5's is 26C @65% ...& flower room 24f @ 50% My veg room is enclosed so I can keep the temp & humidity in check but my flower room is an open space area and with 2 humidifiers running full speed I can only get it to 50%.

...I added a heater just to get the temp to 76f. It's a battle in the winter to create the proper environment but the opposite battle in the summer with 100% humidity and 100F temps......

Its not a cheap hobby controlling the spaces needed to have a lush growing environment year round😄😄

11Ron11

11Ron11

I'm definitely going to get a humidifier and radiator heater is a good idea.
Should the heater be outside the tent will the heater dry out the air.
Thanks

Jbl613

Jbl613

I would keep heater outside of tent near vent and also add some bowls of water inside tent near vents to raise it slightly! Also can use a spray bottle with mister and give the room a quick mist every so often

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm definitely going to get a humidifier and radiator heater is a good idea.
Should the heater be outside the tent will the heater dry out the air.
Thanks
I don't use a tent, my lights + house heat in the 4x3x6' closet = 78f...... I add humidity...with my humidifier in there. From the reading I've done on here I've been led to believe you should use a bladder room to supply your tents needs with proper air temp & humidity in that room feeding your tent....someone else will pop in and help.

My furnace in the house dry's out my home its 37% in the basement outside of my rooms & 93% outside.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

You can also look into an evaporative humidifier. Like a swamp cooler. They are usually cheaper to buy and cheaper to run. Also I would second the radiator heater, they work well without taking humidity from the air.
CD8F9F37 F0F4 4B15 B954 640F053AC2AF
90E37C5D B54F 45AA A0B3 49256374D1F4

Latest posts

Top Bottom