Any cartomizers compatible with Omicron?

• Thread starter Mr. Molecule
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

Hi friends,

I have one of the Omicron vaporizer pens, about two years old, all silver... you know the one.

Sadly, I've never really been able to use it because of its design and the way it delivers such pure strong oil hits. It's simply too dense and harsh for my throat and lungs (I smoked pot for over 27 years, so...). BUT, with all the new e-cig developments happening, I'm interested in the way the "cartomizers" that I see used with e-cigs work, and the possibility that they could provide a much milder, more dilute and cooler vapor, and maybe even with tasty flavors added as are used with nicotine.

But I'd like to use the expensive hardware I already have, so the big question is whether any of these wick-type cartomizers can be mated with the lower battery unit part of the Omicron, or am I out of luck because all the parts are proprietary and incompatible. I would hope that there are at least adapters that could make them compatible... this isn't rocket science we're dealing with here, after all.

Thanks for any help,
Mr. M

germinator

germinator

tropicalvapors.com

Great question, I'm into this stuff.

These guys have the adapters you seek. Like omi to 501 or omi to ego. I bought a couple of each...there cheap.... lol

Re: Delta 9 carto gear.....In my experience......If the oil is very expansive and harsh, time to change your cart. Old over decarboxilated oil is what I believe your experiencing. Also when filling the carts a lot of folks put TOO much heat to the wax to get it flowing quick, well....it cooks the oil.
Imo....The trick is matching your carts ohm rating to the battery and using and using little heat as possible when you fill with your goods.
I like the 2.4 ohm and 1.5 ohm cartos in my ...ophos and omi v1......hope this helps

Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

The omni is a 510 threading, here's a link to some adapters for different threads if you need them

Also I use a micro VAPED pen myself, they have a very nice 510 cartomizer here:

germinator

germinator

I just got innokin itaste vv pen...I make my own eliquid with wax. Very stealth,well built.
Actually I have a collection of this type of vape gear.
That ss carto is more of a skillet, I only use delta9 cartos in my delta9 gear.
Yep I meant 510....but the delta cartos are 801 I think

Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

Thanks guys, so you're saying the Omicron already has the 510 thread size? That sounds like a lot of the cartomizers on the market would work with it then. Cool. (you're sure? - Omicron gives no technical info with their product)

Germinator, actually it's mostly me... I just have a very very sensitive throat, more than most people I'm afraid. I think it comes from growing up with two parents who smoked and then 25 plus years of smokin' pot (I thank Buddha that I never went for cigarettes). Yes the oil does get a bit harsher as it goes on with the Omicron, but even with a fresh load in a cleaned cartridge and with very little heat used to fill it, it is still hard for me. I'm looking for something that would only be 25% of the strength-per-hit and much thinner and cooler feeling to inhale, and it sounds like these e-cigs might just do it.

I'm trying to catch-up with all this e-cig info but it's hard! It's a moving target...

Oh yeah and also I would like to share some info that I got from a private forum I am a member of. It seems like good info obtained through trial and error. Dude was working with solvent ratios and BHO to find out what worked best in the wick type e-cigs, and after several experiments he found that the following ratio worked the best for him and was the least harsh, the best solubility for the BHO, the best taste and best performance in the cartomizer:

BHO and a mix of 75% ethanol/25% glycerin at 4:1 (solvent pair:BHO). He said even at that mix it was almost too strong per hit, and suggested 5:1 would be really nice too.

I don't know if any of you knew that ethanol could be used in these e-cigs, but there you go. You obviously wouldn't want to use it without mixing it with something non-flammable (glycerin), but apparently, used as in the above cited mix, it works great.

germinator

germinator

Thanks guys, so you're saying the Omicron already has the 510 thread size? That sounds like a lot of the cartomizers on the market would work with it then. Cool. (you're sure? - Omicron gives no technical info with their product)

Germinator, actually it's mostly me... I just have a very very sensitive throat, more than most people I'm afraid. I think it comes from growing up with two parents who smoked and then 25 plus years of smokin' pot (I thank Buddha that I never went for cigarettes). Yes the oil does get a bit harsher as it goes on with the Omicron, but even with a fresh load in a cleaned cartridge and with very little heat used to fill it, it is still hard for me. I'm looking for something that would only be 25% of the strength-per-hit and much thinner and cooler feeling to inhale, and it sounds like these e-cigs might just do it.

I'm trying to catch-up with all this e-cig info but it's hard! It's a moving target...

No...I think omi is different than 510.call delta 9.... tropicalvapes names omi adapters specifically.
Clearomiser vapor with eliquid is also warm on the throat, but if you make your own liquid you can adjust the strength.
If your looking to cool the omi, get the nibbler option from delta9 and attach it to your bubbler.

Moving target.....true dat!

germinator

germinator

Oh yeah and also I would like to share some info that I got from a private forum I am a member of. It seems like good info obtained through trial and error. Dude was working with solvent ratios and BHO to find out what worked best in the wick type e-cigs, and after several experiments he found that the following ratio worked the best for him and was the least harsh, the best solubility for the BHO, the best taste and best performance in the cartomizer:

BHO and a mix of 75% ethanol/25% glycerin at 4:1 (solvent pair:BHO). He said even at that mix it was almost too strong per hit, and suggested 5:1 would be really nice too.

I don't know if any of you knew that ethanol could be used in these e-cigs, but there you go. You obviously wouldn't want to use it without mixing it with something non-flammable (glycerin), but apparently, used as in the above cited mix, it works great.
Lol.....I use a premixed unflavored basically the best eliquid I can find, it comes from Oregon I think....70% PG 30% VG....1/2 min bho ratio...lol
i guess im a bit saturated.

Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

Hey Germinator,

Okay I found this --> http://www.planetvape.ca/ce4-cartomizer-2.5-ohm.html

which apparently is going to fit my Omicron nicely as it comes with a 601->501 adapter with it.

As far as ohms goes, though, in your experience is that a good match? (I don't yet know what ohms the Omicronbattery is for sure, haven't called them yet)

Also, do you find that BHO is adequately soluble at a 1:1 ratio with the PG+VG blend you mention? You do have to heat the solvent first, right?

thanx

opt1c

opt1c

i prefer to not mix anything with my oils... if you're looking for a smoother hit try a higher resistance cart... something like 2.4-2.8ohm so the one you are looking at should work; i make vape pens that go by the name ninja pen btw... for my 510s i use kanger carts with the cotton removed prior to manufacturing at a very nice resistance.. those that leave the cotton in and then pull it out have an off taste; i tried all of em 1.8 to 3.8 and found what i think is the sweet spot... filling tools are always key with em too unless you can snake your shatter and you work with nothing else

urbanfog

urbanfog

kind of off topic, but I found this today with a 75% discount code
add discount code GV75 at check out. $149.99 down to $37.50 :D

germinator

germinator

Hey Germinator,

Okay I found this --> http://www.planetvape.ca/ce4-cartomizer-2.5-ohm.html

which apparently is going to fit my Omicron nicely as it comes with a 601->501 adapter with it.

As far as ohms goes, though, in your experience is that a good match? (I don't yet know what ohms the Omicronbattery is for sure, haven't called them yet)

Also, do you find that BHO is adequately soluble at a 1:1 ratio with the PG+VG blend you mention? You do have to heat the solvent first, right?

thanx

Cool free adapter..love planitvape I have used them many times....just know these guys are in Canada....I have only used the omi cartos on my omi batteries never used a clearomiser.
I believe the voltage is 3.7 on the omi v1.. Should be a good match with that spec you have.

Recipe ....I use my mr coffee cup warmer, 2mls of the above referenced eliquid in a glass dram vial, add gram of bho.
Turn on mr warmer for 15min. stir then suck into 3.5 mill stringe with stainless blunt tip attachment let it cool, now your set refill as needed.
Adjust strength as necessary. Bong appetite bro

P.S. 100 % PG mixes the best..

germinator

germinator

This would do you well. My omi hooked in loaded with bho and the persei on deck with the herb attachment. Then for my eliquid and travel stealth I use my Itaste vv. v3

Like a kid with his matchbox cars I am. Lol

Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

Like a kid with his matchbox cars I am. Lol

Heh heh, yes indeed all the gadgetry is pretty compelling. I have also definitely thought about drawing it through an iced-up bubbler of some kind. That would be cool for home use, and then out and about I would just go without the cooling I guess.

Another reason I want to thin it out is that when vaped straight, I tend to get a bit of a dizzy or spinning feeling off BHO. I like the idea of less per draw, more on par with vaping weed.

I

islasamfish

I got a cigar land brand from Cigarland smoke shops. It was 2 sets for like $100, which is good cause you can always have a battery charged and waiting. And it came with some cartridges I think... I got the cartridges and the drops, both Marlboro flavored, E Juice. The drops seem to be stronger.but you must be careful not to add too much, because not only will it clog, it will leak from the point where it connects.

Latest posts

Top Bottom