Any eletrictions is the house

• Thread starter NewGrowerer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

One thing you can do is run during the night, saving a little on the a/c, if you run off season (not during he summer) you’ll be saving more…

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

One thing you can do is run during the night, saving a little on the a/c, if you run off season (not during he summer) you’ll be saving more…
Yeah I could time everything right to make sure I'm using less then what's needed.

mrthoopai1

mrthoopai1

my 100 amp is running. 4 daiken 2 ton, 1 carrier 3 ton, 3 ge dehumidifiers 60 pint, 12 gavida 1700e led, 1 mammoth p 800w led, 8 luxx 645 cmh. i stagger when the luxx light comes on. pulling 95 amps with everything on.when i stagger the light schedule 70 amps. use your amp meter. all my lights run 240v.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

my 100 amp is running. 4 daiken 2 ton, 1 carrier 3 ton, 3 ge dehumidifiers 60 pint, 12 gavida 1700e led, 1 mammoth p 800w led, 8 luxx 645 cmh. i stagger when the luxx light comes on. pulling 95 amps with everything on.when i stagger the light schedule 70 amps. use your amp meter. all my lights run 240v.

Yes my lights and dehu and ac will be om 240v. I think I will be like around 90 with everything on

mrthoopai1

mrthoopai1

What other loads are on this panel? If that's it ( what you posted) then 100A is fine. If that's your house panel and you have a typical home and 100Amp is all you have then no way 100 amp will be enough The mini split requires a 50 amp breaker and that dehue will require a 30 amp
my 3 ton uses 240 20 amp w/12 gauge wire. it only pulls 11 amp startup and settles down to 8 amp. its 100 amp per leg.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Ok. I was going to have a 60k btu mini split. Not sure how that works I believe they run all day unless I turn it off

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

I posted a link above for the ac unit I was looking at 1 if 3ton and 1 is a 5 ton. I think I should be ok with a 3 ton

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ya'll do understand you shouldn't run more than 80% of the 100 amp for an extended period of time. If your running 90-95 amps on a 100 amp line you are taking a major risk.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hope everything works out well for you, a fire would probably be the most horrific thing that could happen to someone's grow, especially if you live there with your family. Good luck and stay safe 👍

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Hope everything works out well for you, a fire would probably be the most horrific thing that could happen to someone's grow, especially if you live there with your family. Good luck and stay safe 👍
Yeah I wouldn't risk it if it's not going to work.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

New room build. Need advise is the load can hols on my panel. Located in the US.

100 amp panel

Mini split : https://www.alpinehomeair.com/produ...zvbUMcfbNN_pC1VV2gpVNctPuwR06q7RoCTwEQAvD_BwE

8 gavita 1700e LED

Quest dehumidifier: https://www.questclimate.com/product/quest-876/

I need 8 120v plugs. Will have two trolmaster, a water pump, and an auto doser. (This should be no more than 15 amps breaker)
You should consider running your LEDs on to 20 V, it'll decrease cost and consume less amps. If you have 100 A designated, you're in good shape. On the boiler plate on the AC, it will give a minimum circuit ampacity rating, That is the smallest breaker you can use for that unit.

Dan789

Dan789

Circuit size scribbled on the nameplate doesn’t necessarily correspond to the FLA of the running unit (NEC sets breaker sizing @ 250-300% FLA). For example my new 4 ton a/c says minimum circuit size of 40 amps, but is only drawing 14 amps FLA @ 240 volts. The “headspace” is to allow the circuit breaker to protect the circuit wiring without tripping every time the unit starts up. That said, the unit should have FLA current somewhere in the documentation, same with the dehumidifier. In regards to these 80% that is for continuous loads (run over three hours), but that’s just individual circuit sizing, not the service. Your planned room would benefit from having someone do a load calf on your home prior to this grow room addition. Also think it’s advisable to recheck whatever calc’s led to the 5 ton a/c for this grow, especially with led lights…cause my experienced is they don’t produce near the heat of older lighting schemes of high pressure sodium, and / or metal halide…

Top Bottom