any exp with bubbler cloners anyone?

• Thread starter Classic Remix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

whats up guys.... made a little project about a week ago, made a 12 x 24 x 7H rubbermaid bubbler.... threw a few air stones in there and all (just like it should be lol) fucker is bubblin and healthy. good water.... moms had a nice feeding without N and some bloom,

now i usually am seeing something goin on within the next few days, but i thought i'd be proactiv and ask...

whats the coldest water temps you all have had and gotten roots? its been fucking cold here. my dumb ass set it straight on the ground for the first week of these cuts. put it on a towel and put in an aquarium heater to keep it at an even 78.... but will the maybe 65-70 degree water for the first week trash these??? they're looking decent, i mean like any other clone ( i dont clip leaves) they're pushin energy thats for sure, and trying.... but when i look under the bucket i dont see shit buldging yet even....

so i guess all in all anyone have any similar experiences and won??? or lost?? lol....

no cloning gel or hormones, bullshit or anything. just straight water.... cuts sitting in directly over stones getting a shit ton of oxygen.... about 1/2 - 3/4 " deep in the water.

of course i did just make this for 30$ looking based on exactly what people try and sell on grow sites and ebay and shit.... im clean all that...

guess im just loooking for some bubble cloner info.... have 5-6 different strains sittin in there, and I KNOW for a fact one of those is usually shootin nice lil roots in 6-7 days.... and got nothing....

thanks guys.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

fwiw i have pretty good experience with an aero cloner and that would usually take a few days longer than the coco i use now. lower temps would definitely slow that down too.

Gangaman

Gangaman

sometimes to much moisture is present for the plants to need to grow roots, they are just all good bubbling away, try putting your pumps on a timer so they are on for 15 min and off for 15 min to try to coax some roots out of 'em. don't worry so much about water temps unless you talking below 60, that would slow things significantly.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

The timer can be used to control temps with the pump running less but you may need heat. Id say your right on with 65-70 and one other thing dip n grow brother. has iba and naa aka things in clonex solely for rooting. The roots will go to the bubbles. .15-.3 gr per gallon. can use in veg and transition for bigger roots in feed at a standard .25 gr per gallon.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

yeah this thread needs deleted LOL

PH was wayyyy off, heat was down. had to get everything straight. we made two at the same time, i got a few to root out of mine because of the cold temps and PH, but my buddy who took the other one got like 55/60 in his.... so i know they're legit. I didnt change the water and a tiny bit a slime got built up, but they still shot some insane roots!

bubble cloners or aero cloners are the way to go, without a doubt IMO.

J

Jalisco Kid

Now you do not think they can compete with my $750 cloner of mine do ya? I bought an ez 60 because someone just showed up with some killer cuts and I had no room in the Inn. ran to buy the cloner, next day I had to buy a chiller as temps it that piece of shit was running in the 80's.
Homemade bubblers work better because of the love. But now I just use coir,water once and forget about it, I get an 80% with no work. JK

dankninja

dankninja

faye's coffee can cloners. roots in 5-17+ days depends

CLONERCANSsmall

dankninja

dankninja

sorry if i'm threadjacking.... just another pic of these bubblers running 12 katsu-dom bonsai peyote purple cuts, all from revegged mom. these should root like monsters, used bcuzz root in rez's and rootech gel, 2 cuts each

KATSUBONSAI

H

happy b

Iv had 100% success right from the very first time i tested my diy bubble cloner and its not that great though i did use rooting gel.had full blown roots in 2weeks.iv actually got cuts in it now but theyv only been in a few days.for me its all about your water level.you have to make sure the bottoms of the vots are all at the exact same level under the lid so when you put the water in you fill it till only the very tips of the stem is only just brushing the surface so that when u turn your pumps on the bubbles rise up and envlose the tip and explode causing very very small drops of water are constantly landing on the exposed root stem.it will take a bit longer without rooting hormones but it if its done right it should work without hormone.also you should change the water and clean inside of cloner every3/4days or the slime will start and it will inhibit rooting.if you have a humidity dome tjis also really helps.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Your temps sound good. Higher temps in the bubbler or aero will cook the stems, turning them mushy.. Luckily bubblers don't get as hot as aeros, so you shouldn't have to put it on a timer.. IME aero cloners bust out way more roots and the roots are thicker and more vigorous.. Both are a lot easier then the dome and mist tho ;)

H

happy b

Aaannnd.POW!10 days after i took that pic above.....ROOTS!
20141219 223030
they didnt all root as good as this but they all hav some roots but these are the best rooted so far.one cutting died because i had knocked the stem out of position and it wasnt getting splashed with water.but that was my error.

dankninja

dankninja

went a little junkyard on a new revision of the bubbler, ill try and take pics eventually just busy. added 2 large air stones, with a pump for each stone, and net cups w/grow rocks in the lid.

H

happy b

Just out of date clonex.i made a smaller one as the bigger one was a little cumbersome and i only needed to root a few cuttings . It's made from a transparent tub so I'm not sure how well it will work . It's only water in it so it should b ok as long as I change the water and clean out any slime build up on the inside every two days or so . they've been in there for 5 days at the moment but they don't have any roots yet although I can see the stems are starting to go all bumpy,the way they do when starting to root.

dankninja

dankninja

started to add liquinox b1 start, getting very good results out of the bubbler @ 5,5. I'm getting best results from a range of nutes at quarter strength, root starts are visible in 4 days. no gels for me underwater now, just powder after 2nd cut under.

H

happy b

you use any solution nutes or gel powder anything? im switching to azos now, gotta clean it up
No just water.
started to add liquinox b1 start, getting very good results out of the bubbler @ 5,5. I'm getting best results from a range of nutes at quarter strength, root starts are visible in 4 days. no gels for me underwater now, just powder after 2nd cut under.
Glad its all working for u.
i recently bought a turbo kloner.i love it as it roots great but i coulda made it for a fraction of the cost.i mean u can actually buy the mist bar with the sprayers on for $20.just buy a submersible pump and attach the misters and put it in the bubble cloner changing it to a sprayer.
but youv got it down to perfection dank ninja.4 days to start to root is fast.
which "powder" is it u use?do u mean rooting powder as in rooting hormone.powder instead of gel?

dankninja

dankninja

i have had bad results with gel underwater. just rooting hormone powder yea. I switched types until I found one I like the most. I can just let them sit in the bubblers and Ill see roots eventually, my current rig and rez mix is just to get the process over with quickly with no damage or stress

dankninja

dankninja

i think the most impressive part for me was the last batch was monstercropped, usually takes me forever to root clones taken in flower.

Top Bottom