Any Experience with this filter?

• Thread starter SkyHi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nuglover

I've seen it...was curious...then went with a regular carbon filter. I'm not one to spend that much to guinea pig something. The 33can filter is nearly as cheap and I know it works well for small grows. But if you buy one let us know how well it works. ;)

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The only other "discount" filter I would recommend is off of Ebay, manufactored by FootHillFilters.com. Been running these guys filters for well over a year and they are solid.

jj

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't recall who started it, but there's a thread here about those filters and the concensus was, they suck. Haven't tried em myself and don't think I will be. Or the odorsock for that matter. I don't think there is enough media for enough contact time with the air to remove the odors. IMO.

H

hbstoner

I use these but the hepa version and just for intake. Helps to make sure any mites and spores stay out of the room. Very good airflow and easy to hookup.

S

SkyHi

k thanks guys, ill stick with the standard style filter lol.

R

redog

I use these but the hepa version and just for intake. Helps to make sure any mites and spores stay out of the room. Very good airflow and easy to hookup.
Hey HBStoner,I like that idea.Whats this filter your talking about?
Got a link for the thing?

S

SkyHi

its on the same web site as i posted, just click the link go to filters and you will see the blue HEPA filter along with the one i posted.

B

boxmunch9

those filters blow, my growshop still have about 90% of his original order he placed 2 years ago. save up and buy a moutain air , great that you can vent the ducting into your bedroom and blow it right at your face and your wont smell anything for 2 plus years. they are fucking amzing, unmatched, and not more expensive than other filters.

I

ismokepot

Hey Sky- I've owned one (a 4 incher) for the last couple of months and they work just fine. I use it connected to a 472 cfm fan and recirculate the air back into the room. They are washable (which most others are not)- just let them dry out well before using again. And the Odorsocks DO suck- the worst!

T

Time

Seems like a small amount of surface area to do much of anything.

Perhaps a device such a this may come in handy if you're running a small cab or closet grow....

J

joebean91

I have been considering using the hepa filter on my my intake ....so hbstoner you recommend this ?

H

hbstoner

works good for me so far. Im using a 6" with a 350CFM fan. no problems so far.

D

DigDug

The Active Air Scrubbers are AWESOME and way cheap!! Bought my 6" for $100 at a hydro store :)

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone else useing the Active Air filter?

S

Sirius

they suck.. check my tools thread... im using mine for scrubbing but do not use it to vent out dirty air... intake would also work fine as they do push a lot of air through them... seriously.... spend the money and get yourself a nice filter and fan that can utilize its full potential...

Top Bottom