Any gold prospectors on the board?

• Thread starter tweedy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

ho boy!!! panned for the better part of 15 years growing up with my father! greatest memories ever.
went up towards south-eastern part of CA/castake lake.... such amazing part of the world, and shit nowadays with the price of gold you could make a decent living off of panning. remember a couple .3-.8 nugs we found, along with the endless nights of sifting through flake and fools.... still, one of the greatest times ive ever had. couple trips up north as well, towards grass valley area. great bounties to still be had

on another note of gold, i traded a tv and surround sound set up like 10 years or so ago for 12 buffalo oz coins. still have em. COME UP! :-D

lino

lino

many years ago I put buckets with many holes in it catching run off in stream and creeks all around leadville Colo to catch gold, I saw other people doing it, mini water falls dumping into my buckets with holes all over... ,, Over time,.. time taught me when to clean the mud from drains and buckets through out leadville Co... Getting a job in the big city caused me to leave my buckets and corrugated gutter drain ducts under roads around the mtn towns.,

We had big floods lately and the gold digger and prospector TV show got me thinkN bout my buckets and drain systems in these here colo hills...

Last summer I showed my kids these techniques and also went and search for lost treasures , dutchman mines, bents fort gold robbery, and all the other stories associated with S E Colo.... Basically fishing, camping , planting tough heirlooms along the rivers and water ways of grounds I grew up on riding dirt bikes and horse back exploring since the 70's. I put bucket on the arkansas river again, but this time 100's miles down stream... My thinking was my first bucket up by Climax Co was just feet away from where the spring that creates the arkansas river begins, elevation 2 mile high. The gold return was good for not working/digging and I noticed in hard times that the nuggets were bigger the father I prospected down stream. I discovered a system for drilling holes in my buckets that mother nature taught by rusting one very special bent bucket that when place under certain culvert spill ways rite in leadville city limits made me enough gold $$$ to live very comfortable in the summers from that gold bearing bucket designed by the best gold prospector , mother nature.
So I do a bucket system again all over Colo while fishing and planting,,, gold prices are sky rocketing! ! ! I'm driving all over Colo with lots buckets with holes, shovels, camping gear, cops like to see that when they pull ya over and you've been busted with large grows, Lots of fun stories, but in the end , dont use 5 gal plastic buckets ( they get washed away ), I had to check buckets often and big FLOODs washed many buckets full of gold away. Here was my return; a vile 3/4 full of gold. I'm sure I spent more on gas and food.
Our possie prospered in the end. we found a old colt revolver along the river bank rite off of i-70. Some kids on a camping trip also found a old all metal tobacco can nailed to a tree sealed with wax and tree sap with a 28 acre land deed in it, and cpl other little artifacts that turned out to be worth more than the gold that we were looking for, but the best ROI was the fun and adventures.

tweedy

tweedy

its like fishing but instead of meat you have a chance at coming home with income ;-P and its fun as fuck w a couple doobies and a buddy or two. cant go wrong!
I was just thinking that. I am sold. Completely sold. Ha. I knew I would find a couple of you on here :) Any tips are greatly appreciated! @lino I would love to see/use your bucket idea. How long does the process take? I want to pan but I like your take on things, it is like no till beds indoors, quite the revelation that I might not even have to dig all the time :)

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

i would just rock a supply line into a drainer with fittings and screens. saves a shitload of work but is considered 'excavation" i think and is illegal

lino

lino

my bucket method sucks... its lame and you'll get more panning in one day BUT if you're lazy and you watch the weather you can clean under road culverts and pan you're buckets at the rite time and if the rain was just rite you can pay the rent.

We moved some big boulders and found worthy nugs, not flake... Game warden shows up and says he could screw the hell out of us, not legal to roll giant rocks in the rivers, we didnt know..... He let us leave and he didnt take our nuggets or search us.... as we drove away we speculated that he saw us gettN hi...

md1010

md1010

Been doing it for a few years. I too would like to see that bucket method. We always end up more stoned than anything and get lazy. LOL
Still have tons of stuff to run through the power sluice.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I keep some pans in my RV and one of these days ill get a good nugget detector.I know some contractors that go pan/use nugget detectors around the san bernardino/san gabriel mtns when its slow/winter time and make wages,i dont think their legal though kind of guerilla gold miners lol.
The other day i watched that gold fever show and saw the guy whos been collecting black sands out of the cracks in the damn LA riverbed since the 60's when no one even thought about it,hes so rich its rediculous and hes still doing it,he just collects the black sand out of the cracks and takes it home where he has a whole processing station setup in his yard that his grandkids run while he drinks coldies,right in the city,glendora i think,lol.
I also fish alot with someone VERY high up in management at the outdoor channel,The 2 massie bros started the company with money they and their father,george ''buzzard'' massey made from a big strike in the late 70's/early 80's near grass valley i beleive,they were dredging and hit a hole and in 1 or 2 days took out over a million in nuggets,some say it was more like 10-20 million but the oldman was smart and didnt disclose it so they wouldnt be taxed to death,Those are the 2 yahoos who are on the gold fever tv show and own the outdoor channel!Super down to earth cool individuals im told who still mine,camp,hunt and fish all the time even though their networth is 100+ million.
Anything that you can do outside in a bitchin place catchin a buzz and drinking a few coldies im in,lol.

http://outdoorchannel.com/gold-fever
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/educate/college/careers/CEOs/8-22-05.htm

Last edited:
tweedy

tweedy

So went down to a local river for shits and giggles and came back with some shiny stuff and some not so shiny stuff. Any eyes want to tell me what is what? Sorry for the flash, horrible lighting in my house.
20140605 212430
20140605 202930
20140605 202900
20140605 202811

tweedy

tweedy

I apologize, serious newb here in this regard. I will trade plant tips for gold tips, ha.

Top Bottom