Any Growlite OG reflector users?

• Thread starter symbiote420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

I can get one on the low and was wondering are they really worth dropping that kinda coin for! Anyone using one tell us whacha think, yay or nay? They seem to only give the plants mostly reflected light and very little direct lighting from the arc tube, I thought indoor plants needed to receive direct light hence the reasoning for all the horizontal reflectors out there dominating the market!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

there are some youtube videos sym that make some pretty bold claims,these are either a godsend or slick marketing(most likely lol).

symbiote420

symbiote420

there are some youtube videos sym that make some pretty bold claims,these are either a godsend or slick marketing(most likely lol).

I checked out those vids too, they seem a little f.o.s with the 600 watter crushing the 1k inside a Magnum XXXL huh? I'll use my A/C Daystar till more reviews come out, I tried to look at the interior design while one was lit at the dro store and it's reflection is blinding....like a mini sun!

evu80

evu80

i had 4 sitting around for awhile. didnt get a chance to set up them up and light them up until the other day. Let's just say I wasnt impressed with them. I spaced them out exactly 4 feet apart from center of each bulb and there seems to be tons of dark spots on the canopy. Now keep in mind this is based on my naked eye and I did not have any instrument that could measure the brightness at various spots.

There seems to be "spot lights " effects directly below each reflector as if the light wasnt evenly distributed.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Thanks for providing that link bro! I was looking at the OG but I think I'll stick with my trusty Magnum!

evu80

evu80

well im stuck with 4 of them lol it's not too bad if you dont mind using it for every 3x3 space instead of 4by4

evu80

evu80

To fully utilize the cross lumenst the OG provides, it would mean I would have to have 10 feet high ceilings which I don't. My OG reflectors are essentially 6 inches from the ceiling and 24 inches from the top of the plant's canopy and its producing the spot light effects I mentioned earlier. I'm unable to gain anymore distance from the lens of the reflector from the top of my canopy as my table is at its lowest distance from the floor. I like to grow my plants a big bigger to than most so they're 24 inches tall when its time to flip. Also this distance will close in as the plants continually grows in the following weeks in bloom. I'm somewhat disappointed so far with this product as my outer canopy does not receive adequate lighting and the table is only 8by8.

You guys created a product that wasn't meant to use in most typical settings IMO. After this run, I will either use these reflectors in a different location with higher ceilings to maintain my current style of grow or change my method entirely to get the most of the OG's

Latest posts

Top Bottom