Any Grown ?:rare Dankness Seeds Og Ghost Train Haze #1

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jackwhite

jackwhite

Im look for some tips on this strain. im going to start germination in march. Also if anyone has the best germination technque let me know. I only have 3 seeds and i want all to germnate!

does anyone have hands on experience with this strain? im growin in rdwc system. im plannin on using hydro research for nutes. going to start in flourescent lighting from seeds and then move to either led blue spctrum or mh then for flower will be doing 2-600watt hps lighting in a 5x5 tent.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I have grown those out. You will want to flip to 12/12 a bit earlier than you normally would, the things stretch and get huge; rather than a doubling in size plan on at least a triple. I don't recall what they said the flower time was, but I think I chopped them at around 12 weeks. They germed great from me, just wet paper towels to pop them and then into some coco. You will 100% need to get some stakes or something to help support them, long flimsy branches with big buds, I had quite a few break on me.

You might want to stick another strain in your tent with it. I like the gth to smoke during the day, but it isn't particularly tasty/pleasant, just a good solid sativa kick. In the evening, it is not a good way to wind down. Variety is the spice of life and all; I think I might be a bit down on it as I harvested quite a bit of it last round and am getting rather tired of smoking it but still have a bunch of jars to get through.

edit: mostly just top and train the hell out of them, they get a bit too tall for a tent if you don't. The stretch was no joke and real pain to manage.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

those plants will stretch like nothing you've ever seen before; Some of the biggest yielding strains for sure, both in weight and potency. but holy shit they get out of hand fast. They won't stop stretching til week 4 and they definitely triple if not quadruple in size in the right environment. Give them at least 10 weeks. Some incredible smoke though, I love GTH!

jackwhite

jackwhite

im going to scrog. thanks for the tips! so prob a 2-3 week veg im taking with topping twice.

how were the nugs? were they dense? i just grew some fluffy as hairy shit and I dont want to grow anything like that again!

also was it a nute demanding strain?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Buds are large, but not really that dense, sativa leaners just always seem less dense imho. Definitely would not describe them as airy though. 2-3 week veg sounds good. Yields woulda been better if I better managed the size of the plants, so much bending trying to keep them under the lights/not touching the ceiling, not spilling out the door, not growing into each other, etc.

I guess a bit lighter on the nutes than normal, but eh, they were some hardy plants, just tall and gangly.

jackwhite

jackwhite

im growin in hydro what would be a good support? im going to scrog so maybe the screen would be good enough?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Honestly no clue, just get creative:) I wound up using the bars that go across the top of my tent and just tying the branches to the ceiling. Looked like a spiderweb. The screen might be enough, if not you could do something like what I wound up with. I like to be able to move the plants around so wouldn't do that again, I just use the bamboo poles stuck in the container now...maybe duct tape them to the sides of your dwc bucket?

edit: I saw another post where you mentioned the fluffy buds, I don't think what you experienced was due to genetics. Normally, most commercial seeds should never give you results like that based on seeds themselves, no one would want to buy them. These are "fluffy" in the sense that they aren't rocks, but I think you might have some other issue going on. High temps and/or low light can lead to plants putting out kind of whispy buds...along with a whole host of other things.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

If I remember correctly @Canappa was growing it in his gutters.
Looked pretty banging.

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

I have a cut of the GTH its my favorite smoke! It's so lemony goodness! She's tall lanky and grows fast ! Top the crap put of her and right before you flip top her too. The stretch is crazy and she takes forever to grow hairs but the buds are huge colas that need support for sure. She didn't need any special regimin for feeding just got what the other girls got

xavier7995

xavier7995

Found a pic I took in week 7 flower I guess....based on the file name. I believe I took mine to 11 or 12 weeks, just chopping as they finished up.
Gthweek7

SpiderK

SpiderK

Bump - bump - bump -----

Has anyone grown the latest version(s) of ghost train haze#1 from seed being sold today ? i have heard that r.d. new gear is not the same as it was before ???? is this true ?

and can you grow it outdoor in a smaller midwest window regarding finishing times ? do the packs contain faster finishing phenols ? i noticed many reports over the years this kicks out some killer smoke ~

Last edited:
xavier7995

xavier7995

I have heard that as well, but....it doesn't really make sense, why would they change up a winning formula unless there was some sort of major loss.

I like RD's gear, I think I saw on IG that they were just finishing up their huge facility with plants coming in a week or so; I am hoping to see some interesting stuff come out of that and not having to order online within a few months time.

edit: no clue if you could finish in the midwest...hope for a warm october/november?

SpiderK

SpiderK

thanks xavier .....

a few years ago they had lots of drama on a few other forums ( lol', drama ) regarding quality control issues from expanding. but i also recall the dude was on the forums trading for great gear very early in the 2000's ...... and have seen some good reports on other gear.

but the thing i liked was mrs r.d. would still enter threads bashing them and try answering all questions. so i respected that from afar. but this strain has had many, many good reviews and seems like one of the very few modern haze lines that kick out killer plants.

i'm looking for the top sativa / haze line. modern, and from an outsider this seems like the one.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Just picked up some gth beans at my local dispo, I'm thinking they may be BS but they were like $2 a piece so, what the hell, right?

Top Bottom