Any help appreciated

• Thread starter Brotofsky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can you give as much info as possible on the grow.

light and distance?

source water type and ppm?

ph and ppm of nutrient solution? And the change to each in 24hr period.

any and all nutrients including ph additives?

water temp?

pictures of the roots?

water level in the sites and much they drink each day roughly?

how often top ups are done and do you check/alter ph and ppm when doing them?

how often are Res changes done?

looking like deficiencies so now just have to find the reason.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

the ph was 6.5, I just brought it down to 5.9. In the pictures you see the plant with the issues doesn’t have roots in the water yet, but looks like is almost there. The rock wool however is just above the water line, the bubbler in there keeps in moist. The bestva 1000 really 27 is about 18” above. I have no ppm meter, but will work on getting one. It sees to be looking better now, the next few days should reveal if it is. Wondering if I shocked it when I moved them into the basket with the clay rocks and on to the bucket. Oh and the water temp 65. Thanks again!

5FE79184 E86C 4BED 8396 893DE48F1A9D
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i think your light is a bit close I would back it off to a out 28" until they get settled in.

So go more than 1/4 nutes and if topping up just plain water at this point.you really need to get a ppm meter.

Keep ph between 5.6-6.0 and check every 24hrs it should not change by more than about 0.3

What's the water temp?

What's the air temp and humidity?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Keep the water line 1" below the net pot. I too feed by scooping a cup of res water and pouring from the top until my roots hit the water. Then I run a cup or 2 of plain water throught the top once a week just to clean out and deposits that can build up.

4x4 cubes are a bit bigger than what I would use and that may have been part of it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In fact being in a 4x4 cube is likely the cause (indirectly) the splashing water from bubbles breaking the surface will not be enought to get nutrients to the plant. So if you once a day pour a cup of water from the res over the top so it flows through the rockwool cube it should solve your issue

NuggetPawn

NuggetPawn

i think your light is a bit close I would back it off to a out 28" until they get settled in.

So go more than 1/4 nutes and if topping up just plain water at this point.you really need to get a ppm meter.

Keep ph between 5.6-6.0 and check every 24hrs it should not change by more than about 0.3

What's the water temp?

What's the air temp and humidity?

I agree with most of this except for PH range; for early to mid veg, PH should be around 5.9-6.4... cal and mag are absorbed better in that range. It isn’t the end of the world if it’s below 5.9 for a couple days. It would be interesting to know how you are making PH amendments and how close to the roots you’re adding nutes/PH up or down. I have a DWC set up and my additions affect my plant nearest to the filling cap... something I don’t get too hung up on as it’s just collateral damage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with most of this except for PH range; for early to mid veg, PH should be around 5.9-6.4... cal and mag are absorbed better in that range. It isn’t the end of the world if it’s below 5.9 for a couple days. It would be interesting to know how you are making PH amendments and how close to the roots you’re adding nutes/PH up or down. I have a DWC set up and my additions affect my plant nearest to the filling cap... something I don’t get too hung up on as it’s just collateral damage.
6.4 in hydro? Idk anything over 6.1 usually gives me issues but if it works for ya it works for ya

I can see coco maybe?

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Except for a bit of light burn while I was away( I’ve since moved the lights back a bit) they seem really happy now. I ph to about 5.8-5.9., don’t push the nutes, and they a drinking about 1 gallon/day.

E2B104A6 5B87 467D 9CE5 8DC3138278AA
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Except for a bit of light burn while I was away( I’ve since moved the lights back a bit) they seem really happy now. I ph to about 5.8-5.9., don’t push the nutes, and they a drinking about 1 gallon/day.
👍 Good stuff

NuggetPawn

NuggetPawn

6.4 in hydro? Idk anything over 6.1 usually gives me issues but if it works for ya it works for ya

I can see coco maybe?
In hydro yeah, I always had chlorosis issues staying below 5.9 but each to their own

Top Bottom