Any help would be appreciated. New grower here. Having a color issue with one plant being too light

• Thread starter ohionw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ohionw

Any help would be appreciated. New grower here. Having a color issue with one being too light and the new growth looking too light as well. On a poor person budget grow. Learning as I go. I have 3 in veg and are all from the same dispensary strain Joker Candy. Here are some pics. Any help would be awesome. Thanks! All went in dirt on Dec 25th 2023 after germination. The light green one lost it’s entire root as a seedling
Any help would be appreciated new grower here having a color issue with one plant being too li
on transplant and came back to life.

Any help would be appreciated new grower here having a color issue with one plant being too li 2
Any help would be appreciated new grower here having a color issue with one plant being too li 3
Any help would be appreciated new grower here having a color issue with one plant being too li 4
Any help would be appreciated new grower here having a color issue with one plant being too li 5
Any help would be appreciated new grower here having a color issue with one plant being too li 6
Any help would be appreciated new grower here having a color issue with one plant being too li 7
B

Bdubs

That is going to be light stress. Look at the very edges of your leafs. They are curling up/rolling up.

Your nutrients are on point with Just the Top burn. But it doesn’t mean she is getting the nitrogen she needs.

The lack of green pigment is not enough nitrogen. Because your plants look healthy I suspect that her yellowing is coming from too much light and not enough chlorophyll (green pigment) to transport the photons. Which Nitrogen is needed to create chlorophyll and give it the green pigment.

You can reduce light intensity or supply more nitrogen in the feed.

I am curious to know if you have moved your light or if it is stationary. Because I see that she is a little stretched (inadequate light). And that the leafs below the yellowing leafs are dark green (enjoying the intensity that it is ~6”down from canopy). Increase light distance, or reduce intensity. But if it is stationary and your light is 100% and plan to keep it at that height, you need to dial down the intensity on your dimmer. It is too much photon packets bleaching her because she can’t process the amount of light she is getting. The yellowing of the lower leafs would be progressive and would indicate that the plant is sourcing nitrogen from other parts to try and create more chlorophyll to process that demand of photons but it can’t keep up.

B

Bdubs

This falls under the light limit rule. One factor unbalanced causes issues. In your case you have too much light and not enough nitrogen (chlorophyll).

Chlorophyll (green pigment), light, water, nutrients, temperature, CO2.

All of those are light limiting factors. If one is inadequate, you reduce the amount of photons the plant can process. The Light Limit rule.

B

Bdubs

If you look close you can tell that the other plant is about to succumb to the same phate as I see her slightly fading.

It is a shared thing, or common issue between the plants. The left plant just has not progressed quite as fast. But she is making her way to losing green pigment it looks like. Daily photo updates could shine some progression single for better analysis.

One more tale tell sign that light Has Been inadequate aside from upward stretching is the elongated leaf stems of the main. Elongation of the stems on leafs is inadequate light or light is too far away. Causing the leafs to stretch out wide. (also telling me your light source is too far away, yellowing and stretching tells me it is too intense as well as too far away).

B

Bdubs

I could be wrong about your second plant. I got rolling and looking hard. Take what information makes sense and applies and leave the rest. I am guessing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom