Any Help Would be Appreciated

• Thread starter MagicalNut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MagicalNut

MagicalNut

So currently I am growing in a 1-1 soil mix for autoflowers. After having repotted them a few weeks ago I saw the beginnings of this leaf discoloration but figured the plants were likely a bit hungry as I hadn't fed them at all at that point. The plant is now on week 5 and is showing even more damage on the leaves. I've spent days trying to look into the issue, but being a new soil grower I haven't been very confident in anything I assumed to be the cause.

Anyone have any indication of what this could be, and if so what remedy would you suggest. The girl is tiny, and I would love to see her spread some before buds start trying to form on my pathetic first try. Haha.

Any help would be appreciated
Any help would be appreciated 2
MagicalNut

MagicalNut

What do you mean 1:1?
What's your pH?
Cut your nitrogen in half.
I have included a picture of the living soil I am growing in. It is locally sourced, however, this is my first time with soil period so it could just as easily be my mistake flunking this grow.

PH runoff has been between 6.3 and 6.9.

Through Veg I used EZ Tea Veg: 4-0-1 at a ratio of 1TSP per Gallon.

Now that I am getting into pre-flower with weeks 5-6 I will be switching her over to Dank Dust: 5-7-3 from Happy Rock Farms

Image 67197441
Image 167831297
Image 67198721
Image 67218945

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I tried looking HRF up but the website seems to have been sold or something.
I don't know that brand. Is there an ingredient list on them?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

PH runoff has been between 6.3 and 6.9.
Runoff? You should not have runoff in soil. Especially living soil.
6.5 is the pH you are aiming for.

What lights do you have and how far from the plants?

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

MagicalNut

MagicalNut

I tried looking HRF up but the website seems to have been sold or something.
I don't know that brand. Is there an ingredient list on them?
Unfortunately not. I did contact the shop where it was purchased and was basically told the generic "It's got everything an autoflower needs to get off the ground" BS. Just to be clear, this wasn't something I purchased myself, it was something a friend hadn't got to try and provided to me.

The issue started on weeks 3-4. And, truthfully I'm not sure if it may have just been cal-mag issues, as that would make more sense than much else. It doesn't appear to be nutrient burn either.

The runoff I speak of is because I am growing in an earthbox. Runoff occurs when you feed on the tube in the top between top feedings.

Light is a Spyder Farmer SF-1000. I have four grows under my belt with it, and it hasn't let me down too much. It's currently about 18 inches from the top of the plant.

MagicalNut

MagicalNut

Grind up a potassium pill in a gallon of water and water gently.
Would it be okay to do that at the same time I do my feeding of the 5-7-3?

And we are adding potassium because we believe there isn't enough, correct? Sorry to question, just curious what tipped you off to it being a potassium issue. For my own education of course.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It looks like pH, but you said your pH is between 6 and 6.8 which is fairly good. Try and lock it down to 6.5
But it also looks like a potassium issue thats gone wild.
Most likely it is a combo of these two.
You decide.

MagicalNut

MagicalNut

It looks like pH, but you said your pH is between 6 and 6.8 which is fairly good. Try and lock it down to 6.5
But it also looks like a potassium issue thats gone wild.
Most likely it is a combo of these two.
You decide.

Thank you for taking the time and resources. It's greatly apprecaited. I will give this a shot tomorrow and keep an eye on it over week 6 for any changes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom