Any idea on black spotting?

• Thread starter wobbleysausage
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Take a look at my smallest plant... im pushing her HARD because she started about 1.5 week behind others... raise your light or turn down intensity

20240223 184333
wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

It's definitely light intensity issue... as for the spots... it could be water drip that created the spot or it could be mildew.... do u have a microscope??? Take a look at it thru scope... you'll Instantly know what the spots are
Il play with the light intensity but man, I've never seen this from that. Its 200 ppfd. No water has dripped on her. If you follow my posts this has been progressing daily. I do have a scope but I would need to cut the leaves off and I don't think thats a good move rn

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm gonna foliar spray with calmag and hope for the best
If mold is the problem, wetting the leaves could make it worse. The spots could be a calcium deficiency. I don't see any indications of a need for magnesium.

How wet is the soil? I'm wondering if the soil might be too wet. Can nutrients be added without making it too wet?

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

If mold is the problem, wetting the leaves could make it worse. The spots could be a calcium deficiency. I don't see any indications of a need for magnesium.

How wet is the soil? I'm wondering if the soil might be too wet. Can nutrients be added without making it too wet?
I pretty much spot water any that are this small so, no the soil isn't wet. Idk if its a calcium issue or not its so strange. Never had issues this early. The top set of leaves are drooping mad while the set below it are praying upwards. Gotta be a root issue.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I pretty much spot water any that are this small so, no the soil isn't wet.
Gotta be a root issue.
Maybe it's a root issue. I'd say that's not likely if it isn't overwatered.

Do you have a moisture probe? I've noticed that the same soil can have wet and dry spots. I once had a very slow-growing plant. So, I removed it from its pot and brushed away the soil. Directly under the plant I found a golf ball sized clump of extremely dry soil, even though the soil nearby was moist. I broke up the dry clump and put the plant in moist soil and it grew to completion.

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

Maybe it's a root issue. I'd say that's not likely if it isn't overwatered.

Do you have a moisture probe? I've noticed that the same soil can have wet and dry spots. I once had a very slow-growing plant. So, I removed it from its pot and brushed away the soil. Directly under the plant I found a golf ball sized clump of extremely dry soil, even though the soil nearby was moist. I broke up the dry clump and put the plant in moist soil and it grew to completion.
Hmm hard to say. I do have a moisture probe but unsure how well it works. It could potentially be overwatered i suppose. When the lights come back on today I guess I'll know for sure I really don't think she has more than a few days with as fast as those dots are moving up

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Il play with the light intensity but man, I've never seen this from that. Its 200 ppfd. No water has dripped on her. If you follow my posts this has been progressing daily. I do have a scope but I would need to cut the leaves off and I don't think thats a good move rn
I don't really follow ppfd... I just go by what plant is telling me....

I'm pretty sure it's due to light intensity...

If you think it's a root issue... you can use about 30ml of peroxide added to 1 gal of water to fight off any root issues...

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

I don't really follow ppfd... I just go by what plant is telling me....

I'm pretty sure it's due to light intensity...

If you think it's a root issue... you can use about 30ml of peroxide added to 1 gal of water to fight off any root issues...
Its not light intensity for sure. I've moved her way back she actually grew up towards the light a little even though she hasn't been growing otherwise. The black dots are progressing as I figured. The calcium-like spots are still there but I mean, she's still alive I guess. Might just cull because its a auto. I foliar fed with calmag but it didn't seem to help or hurt.
20240226 175647
20240226 175631
20240226 175627

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

mainly a watering issue
Really? I let her dry out before doing anything because thats actually what I thought too. I'm running out of options and time with how slow she's goin. Maybe the damage will stop and the growth will start again. Wishful thinking she's an auto though so culling may be my choice. Also I saw reo speedwagon live a few years back with tesla and van halen right after David Lee Roth smacked himself in the face with a mic. Also a few years before Eddie died.

Top Bottom