Any Idea What Kind Of Mix This Is?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

The below pic is of an extra clone I was given with my girls now in my undercurrent system.

I just went ahead and used the mix from all the clones I transplanted to repot this girl.

Should i be using the same nutrient setup and ph as i do with my undercurrent?

The redwood pieces are just from the redwood trees naturally defoliating for fall.

Any idea what kind of mix this is
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’m asshmig your undercurrent is a hydro setup. You want to run soil in the 6.3-7.0 range for optimal nutrient uptake. Hydro needs a slightly lower ph. So adjust accordingly.

S

Shawnery

Stupid question,

Is soil and coco considered the same thing because I was told it was a coco mix but beyond that I'm clueless!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
coco is considered a hybrid form of hydro

S

Shawnery

coco is considered a hybrid form of hydro
The guy sold me supposed pre-teens, I think they were tall clones, with either no roots or brown roots. I'm not to sure I can take the guy on his word but the mix to a lament looks nice.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Also keep in mind coco is inert and doesn't provide any nutrition like soil does. So typically growing in coco you feed most every time. Just like in hydro. Be sure not to let your coco dry all the way out. Takes practice but it is easy after you get it down.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry it looked like soil to me. Didn’t know it was a coco base medium. I use coco in my soil mix but I still consider it soil. Straight coco requires a slightly different regimine.

Top Bottom